Slimport adapter (Micro usb to HDMI)

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By ziggazee, Senior Member on 6th June 2014, 05:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th June 2015, 09:42 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've purchased 4 different makes and models of the slim port adapters.

All randomly cut in and out. Different cables, different tvs, different adapters, same phone, same results.

Lg sells no official accessory either.

I'm kinda upset. Suggestions or links?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

25th July 2015, 11:27 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,

I thought I'd tag onto this thread since it's fairly similar.
I recently bought a Slimport VGA adapter in the hope I could output my phone's screen to my car's display panel.

My car (Japanese import) has a navigation computer which is useless in Australia. So instead of having a useless screen molded into my dash I wanted to use my phone as essentially a CarPC. Now the neat thing is the Navigation computer connects to the display panel via RGBHV, essentially VGA.

So I made a custom cable to go from the car's display panel to a HD15 VGA plug, plugged the Slimport VGA adapter in and it worked! My phone's video output was placed on the car's display panel. But obviously very down scaled.

I figured out that my car uses 800x480 WVGA (Wide VGA) across its 7" 5:3 panel and started messing around in Terminal Emulator to change the phone's screen size with;

wm size 480x800
wm density 240

Which strangely resulted in the video being letter boxed; Big black bars top and bottom. I then tried a bunch of other standard resolutions and found that 4:3 resolutions filled the screen vertically, but were being cropped on the left and right. And 5:4 resolutions filled the screen completely, however were being stretched horizontally.

I was not able to match the native resolution of the car's display panel or have the correct aspect ratio.

Frustrated I plugged the Slimport VGA adapter into my computer monitor and it all became clear; no matter what resolution you set the phone to; the *ONLY* resolution coming out of the Slimport VGA adapter is 1280x1024 (a 5:4 aspect resolution) with whatever selection you have made with the wm size commands being stretched or scaled across this.

Which is why selecting a 5:3 resolution had black bars top and bottom inside the 5:4. And 4:3 was being cropped on the left and right. And of course a 5:4 resolution filled the screen but was stretched and not 1:1 / native.

Now my question is:

Has anyone else come across this before and found a work around or fix? Are there other Slimport adapters that have been *confirmed* to output different resolutions and not just simply scale to one fixed output size?

Thanks!

For reference: I have a rooted LG G3 D855 32gb and am running a fairly recent CM12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1) nightly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)