553 posts
Thanks Meter: 192

By jsminnis, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th April 2015, 12:38 AM |#91  
Flag Denver 303
Thanks Meter: 7

More
No, it doesn't work like that. When you put your sim in a device, it always adjusts your features. You would need to change you IMEI as mentioned beforehand

7th May 2015, 08:49 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidBOOST

No, it doesn't work like that. When you put your sim in a device, it always adjusts your features. You would need to change you IMEI as mentioned beforehand

Hi from Germany, just found that thread via google as i searched for a way to get the one m7 working with volte, cuz i think htc would not update the one m7 with any features like that. Even the one m8 didn't had a update, and here in germany the carriers support voLTE. So i didn't rooted my one m7 till now. Isn't the easiest think with stock android 5. Just saw that the same xml file is also in the m7. So my question is, has anyone of you an one m7 wich is rooted and could test if the option appears in the Settings? Would help me a lot, if it does i would root my phone and try it out if it works on the vodafone LTE in germany. Its so bad that HTC didn't push updates till now, when the other brands already support it. Thanks for answering and sorry if i am here on the wrong Thread because i am in the one m8 forum.
7th May 2015, 01:07 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memarco

Hi from Germany, just found that thread via google as i searched for a way to get the one m7 working with volte, cuz i think htc would not update the one m7 with any features like that. Even the one m8 didn't had a update, and here in germany the carriers support voLTE. So i didn't rooted my one m7 till now. Isn't the easiest think with stock android 5. Just saw that the same xml file is also in the m7. So my question is, has anyone of you an one m7 wich is rooted and could test if the option appears in the Settings? Would help me a lot, if it does i would root my phone and try it out if it works on the vodafone LTE in germany. Its so bad that HTC didn't push updates till now, when the other brands already support it. Thanks for answering and sorry if i am here on the wrong Thread because i am in the one m8 forum.

On the M8, we can enable the settings (some ROMs have them enabled by default) but they don't work. HD and video are grayed out in the phone app. You'll most likely encounter the same thing on a M7.
7th May 2015, 01:51 PM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshw0000

On the M8, we can enable the settings (some ROMs have them enabled by default) but they don't work. HD and video are grayed out in the phone app. You'll most likely encounter the same thing on a M7.

okay so changing the xml just makes the toggleswitch visible, but doesn't activate something like VoLTE. Strange that htc doesn't support native 3g video calling like samsung did before, but that the toggle'S are integrated
7th May 2015, 02:28 PM |#95  

More
Quote:

okay so changing the xml just makes the toggleswitch visible, but doesn't activate something like VoLTE. Strange that htc doesn't support native 3g video calling like samsung did before, but that the toggle'S are integrated

But, then again, we are on US Verizon and we have to wait for Verizon to enable it per device. I have a sneaky feeling that our carrier is tracking IMEI's, associating it to the device ID's, and determining which ones to allow VoLTE.

I have no idea how Germany does it. Your carrier may allow it for all carriers. It may work for you if the carrier has already enabled it. For example, Verizon was slow to release the Nexus 6 but they had already added it to their VoLTE list. I was able to flash 5.1 to a Sprint Nexus 6 and use Verizon VoLTE.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2015, 02:36 PM |#96  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshw0000

But, then again, we are on US Verizon and we have to wait for Verizon to enable it per device. I have a sneaky feeling that our carrier is tracking IMEI's, associating it to the device ID's, and determining which ones to allow VoLTE.

I have no idea how Germany does it. Your carrier may allow it for all carriers. It may work for you if the carrier has already enabled it. For example, Verizon was slow to release the Nexus 6 but they had already added it to their VoLTE list. I was able to flash 5.1 to a Sprint Nexus 6 and use Verizon VoLTE.

okay thought even when the carrier don't allow it, u can toggle it in the menu and then get a fail message. I will try, maybe the one m7 is also blocked and not supporter so it won't work, or the phone app isn't ready for that and the switches are just fragments, of software for other models.
7th May 2015, 03:02 PM |#97  

More
Quote:

okay thought even when the carrier don't allow it, u can toggle it in the menu and then get a fail message. I will try, maybe the one m7 is also blocked and not supporter so it won't work, or the phone app isn't ready for that and the switches are just fragments, of software for other models.

I won't pretend to be an expert here but it's my opinion that the carrier is the one who dictates whether or not a phone can be used. Verizon is very strict on their phones where other carriers are allowing their variant model M8's to use VoLTE.

I assume you're on a GSM carrier and bought a Verizon phone because it's GSM unlocked? Your carrier may allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE if the phone's software supports it (which a custom ROM should). I'd be interested to know. Worst case scenario you get rid of a bunch of bloatware and have a better performing phone.
8th May 2015, 07:08 AM |#98  

More
okay i rooted it, and i changed the xml. but in the menu it completely stays the same :/. So maybe this part of the app is not on the one m7 or i did something wrong. But okay at least i tried

Wait. just looked again and the xml is just again the old, after every reboot. I changed the file on the pc and then transferred it to the phone and moved the file into the right direction with root explorer
Last edited by Memarco; 8th May 2015 at 07:13 AM.
11th May 2015, 11:12 PM |#99  
Flag Denver 303
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Guys. This is for Verizon m8s. Please keep it related thx
The Following User Says Thank You to droidBOOST For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2015, 05:51 PM |#100  
Flag The Moon
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Any chance I could do something similar on a Verizon M8 with GPE?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread