FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Are we getting Android 5.0? Rumors, links, etc..

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 139

By vonuzu, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st July 2015, 04:06 PM |#581  
Flag EU, Poland, Warsaw, Lublin, Pulawy
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_07

Sammobile stated that Mega 2 will receive lollipop 5.1.1 and is under Development.And Mega 2 has Exynos 4415.
So is it possible to port lollipop from Mega 2 to our Note 2 when it will be available?

Yes it would

Sent from my SHV-E210S
The Following User Says Thank You to Minto107 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st July 2015, 05:16 PM |#582  
Flag Chios
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2xda1

Don't give up hope

Of course not my friend!
26th July 2015, 03:08 AM |#583  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

I don't say Exynos 4 isn't appropriate to run Lollipop - on the contrary, it can run Android M for sure too.
Thinking deeper I would state as follows: If N2 doesn't get Lollipop no other device with 4412 cpu will get it.

Actually the cellphone maker Meizu in China is providing lollipop-based android modification to their 4412 based device, with lower speed variant of 4412.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

It's been a long time since I posted anything on GT-N7100 thread. I really laughed when one of the posts talked about " I really hope Samsung reads this". I think Samsung development team and the people who are responsible for testing new android version on older phones have better things to do than follow what's written on XDA. Although I personally would enjoy touchwiz lollipop for our phone but as wesamothman and Androidwizzard have pointed out there are limitations as to why it may not happen.It might not be related hardware specific but business strategy point of view as well if it's worth investing their time in testing lollipop for note II and if they do go ahead with releasing it they need to at least make firmware updates for 5-6 months for the lollipop based roms for note II to fix minor bugs to cater to the small population of note II users.Some people might argue with me on the fact that "small population" of note II users is not the right term but in reality if there was a way to measure the # of current note II users who use this phone compared to # of users who use note 4/s5/s6 etc we'd be outnumbered.

So at the end of the day we can talk about lollipop for note II as much as we want to but it wouldn't mean anything unless Samsung wants it to.

PS: The debate over touchwiz vs aosp/cm few pages ago wasn't really needed by users.It was off topic and felt like they were shoving their opinions down another person's throat.
Anyone looking forward to note 5 (talk about being off topic and random.....hahahaha)

That's the point. Business dominate. Same Tegra 3 based device, nexus7 2012 got 5.1, but HTC one X stopped on Jellybean .

26th July 2015, 08:32 AM |#584  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrank

Actually the cellphone maker Meizu in China is providing lollipop-based android modification to their 4412 based device, with lower speed variant of 4412.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

That's the point. Business dominate. Same Tegra 3 based device, nexus7 2012 got 5.1, but HTC one X stopped on Jellybean .

It's HTC issue that One X didn't get 4.3 or 4.4 but if it would have Snapdragon under the hood (like One S with Snap S4 Play like American S3) they would port 4.3, 4.4 or even 5.0 (like devs do on One S, they port every Sense version to their device,it's awesome ) and here let's get there S3/N2 the same problem. We use closed unpopular CPU and we we would use chip like One S S4 do we would have 5.0 from S4, S5,N3. We could be having REAL S5 ROMs port like they do on others phones... That's why I would replace my S3 with Snapdragon based phone. It may not be fastest but it's still gr8 and it'll have better development

Sent from my SHV-E210S
26th July 2015, 11:56 AM |#585  
Thanks Meter: 2,945

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrank

We are talking about TOUCHWIZ Lollipop, not any kind of CM/AOSP or flyme OS. We desperately need TW Lollipop in order to port S6 and N5 functionality to N2.
Meizu can't help with that.
26th July 2015, 03:43 PM |#586  
India
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard

We are talking about TOUCHWIZ Lollipop, not any kind of CM/AOSP or flyme OS. We desperately need TW Lollipop in order to port S6 and N5 functionality to N2.
Meizu can't help with that.

Meizu lollipop kernel wont help CM or AOSP atleast?
27th July 2015, 07:01 PM |#587  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 611

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahe.

Meizu lollipop kernel wont help CM or AOSP atleast?

CM/AOSP lollipop is already available for N2...we need TW man!!!

Sent from my SM-N910C using xda premium
27th July 2015, 07:23 PM |#588  
India
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsuvedi

CM/AOSP lollipop is already available for N2...we need TW man!!!

Sent from my SM-N910C using xda premium

kernel based on kk only even in CM/AOSP lollipop roms.
27th July 2015, 08:13 PM |#589  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Google and their mess...
Even if samsung put 5.0 out i think they should first fix that! Link below.

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/21...-fragmentation

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
27th July 2015, 08:14 PM |#590  

More
I don't think that anybody cares about security problems if somebody does then install antivirus hahaha

Wysłane z mojego SM-T211 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread