FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Root] Nextbook 8 Quad Core NX785QC8G

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By mjj777, Junior Member on 24th May 2014, 10:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th July 2015, 03:31 AM |#261  
Flag Phil Campbell
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes, do not use rom installer on this device, even after root and custom recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek852

NO, DON'T, it's not for your model. Use this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61298767

Check out my link in the previous post. ShaunMT's method for TWRP is the easiest way to install it. No pc required. Very very easy. For some reason ROM installer has put my tab into bootloops no matter what I flash with it. So I would not use it, I even haven't had any luck with flashify eitherhttp://freaktab.com/forum/main-category/freaktab-downloads/20503-shaunmt-s-twrp-recovery-for-the-nextbook-nx785qc8g-nxm865fd_wmde-download-thread?19849-ShaunMT-s-TWRP-Recovery-For-The-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-(Download-Thread)=

25th July 2015, 03:47 AM |#262  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zMILWAUKEE

Check out my link in the previous post. ShaunMT's method for TWRP is the easiest way to install it. No pc required. Very very easy. For some reason ROM installer has put my tab into bootloops no matter what I flash with it. So I would not use it, I even haven't had any luck with flashify eitherhttp://freaktab.com/forum/main-category/freaktab-downloads/20503-shaunmt-s-twrp-recovery-for-the-nextbook-nx785qc8g-nxm865fd_wmde-download-thread?19849-ShaunMT-s-TWRP-Recovery-For-The-Nextbook-NX785QC8G-NXM865FD_WMDE-(Download-Thread)=

Um, Dude... that's not for his model!
25th July 2015, 04:52 PM |#263  
Flag Phil Campbell

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma7144

Gents,

Found some time to do a quick update to bypass the 8 GB NAND bottleneck

Mount points are changed which will make up to 32 GB space available for apps and app data. The internal storage is now 4 GB.
Also I touched the footprint of the build to make it wide compatible for apps in the Play Store.

Nextbook 8 QC by Oma KK 4.4.2 build v2.1

stock 4.4.0 recovery, CWM 6.0.3.1 recovery
system ext4
kernel yunyan #37
internal storage 4 GB
external sdcard mounted as NAND
device spoofed as Nexus 7

ethernet support
init.d support
gameloft compatible
USB-Hub enabled
gamepad compatible (PS2, XBox, )
kernel modules (cifs, tun, lan, serial, audio)
latest hosts, su, su-binary, busybox
Reboot Menue, sEFix, FX Sound
Dateimanager HD (Root)
Nova Launcher

Instructions are included in the download pack.

hints:
- to improve UI feeling: disable all animation scales in developer options,
- use Nova launcher and set animation/scroll to "faster than light" and
- enable Entropy Fixer with value 256
- to improve battery drain set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
- to get full access to the build enable /system rw in File Manager HD
- to disable su notifications change notification in settings/SuperSu
- to prettify the build use Xposed Framework > Starter Pack
- to enable multi-user use the Xposed module Multi Users

Please report any problem with this firmware, I can't verify this custom firmware
works as I don't have the tablet to fully test the custom firmware.

Be aware: it is your own risk!

- Oma -

How can i, if I can flash with TWRP. I would love to get this up and running. Thanks and great job on the ROM.
25th July 2015, 06:46 PM |#264  
Flag Albuquerque

More
Quote:

How can i, if I can flash with TWRP. I would love to get this up and running. Thanks and great job on the ROM.

I think I might be able to help but I don't have access to a Nextbook right now, I'll PM you when I do.
25th July 2015, 10:08 PM |#265  
Flag Phil Campbell

More
Quote:

I think I might be able to help but I don't have access to a Nextbook right now, I'll PM you when I do.

Thanks a lot. I might try extracting all the image files except recovery and flash those. As long as I don't screw up TWRP I'm good. I can re-zip them using Zipme app and hopefully it works out. I'll post if it does.
27th July 2015, 09:04 PM |#266  
Flag Albuquerque

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot. I might try extracting all the image files except recovery and flash those. As long as I don't screw up TWRP I'm good. I can re-zip them using Zipme app and hopefully it works out. I'll post if it does.

ZIPme wont work for that.
27th July 2015, 11:06 PM |#267  
Flag Phil Campbell

More
Quote:

ZIPme wont work for that.

Yeah no luck with Zipme, oh well just sit on the ROM until Oma or somebody can help out. But lightbulb just went off, if I only flash the system, and kernel image with Flashify I don't think anything to bad can happen, like I said as long as I don't lose TWRP I should be golden. Will post back soon.
28th July 2015, 05:23 AM |#268  
Flag Albuquerque

More
Quote:

Yeah no luck with Zipme, oh well just sit on the ROM until Oma or somebody can help out. But lightbulb just went off, if I only flash the system, and kernel image with Flashify I don't think anything to bad can happen, like I said as long as I don't lose TWRP I should be golden. Will post back soon.

Don't, you have to rewrite the partition table and Flashify can't do that. I can probably do it when I get access to my friend's Nextbook. Why don't you just use the PC tool to flash it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread