FORUMS

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

[Q] Dual-booting Dell Venue 8 Pro with Android

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By elixir_pr, Member on 8th January 2014, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th April 2015, 02:25 PM |#161  
ebsbow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Looks sweet. Been waiting for dualboot support for Android on the pro.
How is performance in 3D applications?
 
 
16th May 2015, 07:11 AM |#162  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurael

ConsoleOS is a con; a rebadged version of Android-IA that looks like it's being 'repackaged' by people who don't even know how to code beyond changing a few text strings. They still don't seem to have Android up and running on a V11P with newer BIOS versions even though it was on their initial compatibility list, I sent them a photo of mine running 5.0.2 just for the giggles. Unless you happen to have one of the few machines which are properly supported by Intel's IA effort, it's a crapshoot.
.
.
.
.

IntelSoftware Black Belt Developer stiffs backers with consoleOS.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josian about 7 hours ago
Hello.
I am usually not the one to complain, but when I decide to do it, I go all the way until I become a thorn.
It is APRIL of 2015, over 120 days after what we were promised the rewards, and you still have not delivered android on the
Dell Venue 8 pro. All the files you made available for download were pretty bad explained in terms of installation, and none
so far would work with the tablet that made me decide to help fund the project. More and more sound to me that this project was
thrown away and now with some cash in hands, you are going towards something else. I honestly don't care the direction you are going,
but if you promised something, you gotta deliver, or return the investment.

We were pitched:
"This isnít an emulator and this isnít homebrew. Console OS is real, native Android that can really toggle with Windows on your PC."
"Console OS is painless to install - for end-users and system builders alike.
This is what makes Console OS so great. You can either install it on your PC's internal drive, or run it entirely from a USB external
hard disk.
Weíre not talking a demo (or "live") version either; all your apps, documents, even encryption can work booting directly from a
USB hard disk."
Where is it? So far I haven't seen or experienced any of that. I truly would like to know and EXPERIENCE IT/USE IT or have the investment back. The pitch and delivery time were very clear. It's been way past that and I think it is time to have it delivered. Please let me know. Thank you.


Cykit 6 days ago
This would be probably the last time I will post something here since $10 loss would not worth too much speaking to @mmv,
no matter if it is really a legitimate company with "editor-s" or just one person role playing. I am sick and tired of waiting,
I bet so many of you feels the same. More than one year you haven't deliver, in the last post you say it's people get hot under the
collar, no, it is because you failed us and you refuse to acknowledge so. Even more insulting to our voters, is the fact you put all
the fault to us. "...we are doing what people voted for us to do...." is simply because you provided that option, by providing that
you implies you are capable. It turns out you are not. Further, you are not forth-coming about the fact that you may never will. Even
if one day you might achieve your goal (for discussion's sake let's assume you are really working on it), all the devices may be too
old for people to care about. And let's not forget Microsoft has opened the door to port Android apps. So, last but not least,
@mmv failure is not the end of the world, but it's shameful to hype others' expectation then not even have the guts to acknowledge
an obvious failure. $10 is small, but our expectation for a whole year is not.

REF: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-pc/comments
24th May 2015, 02:10 AM |#163  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Clock Did you ever get this to work? Did you find an image?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_pr

Hi,
Is there any chance of dualbooting Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8 and Android? I like Windows 8 but would also like to be able to use Android on this awesome tablet.
If not dual boot, is there any other way of using Android as virtual machine or something that provides full touch and other sensor's support?
Thanks.

I know this is a very old post, but people still quote from it, //link from it, so I followed the link to here. It's open so I am replying, did you ever get it to work? People still to this day claim Droid won't run on an intel chip, etc, etc, etc, but I have two dell venue 8's, both were pro(win) and instead of buying a Droid Venue 8, I merely took the factory image for the Venue 8, loaded it etc, config'd it and it's a droid device to this day.

There are a few differences between the two devices dell sells, etc, but both will run pretty much anything. I have owned Droid devices(Asus) that had same specs as my win devices, and they were fones running droid.

I don't understand the continued idea that anything that's shipped with windows//intel specs will not run Droid, when for quite a while now, intel's been the cpu/gpu mechanicals operating and being operated by Droid...!!!

SO, if you see this post, let me know how you ever made out...
1st June 2015, 12:58 AM |#164  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etoolz65

I know this is a very old post, but people still quote from it, //link from it, so I followed the link to here. It's open so I am replying, did you ever get it to work? People still to this day claim Droid won't run on an intel chip, etc, etc, etc, but I have two dell venue 8's, both were pro(win) and instead of buying a Droid Venue 8, I merely took the factory image for the Venue 8, loaded it etc, config'd it and it's a droid device to this day.

There are a few differences between the two devices dell sells, etc, but both will run pretty much anything. I have owned Droid devices(Asus) that had same specs as my win devices, and they were fones running droid.

I don't understand the continued idea that anything that's shipped with windows//intel specs will not run Droid, when for quite a while now, intel's been the cpu/gpu mechanicals operating and being operated by Droid...!!!

SO, if you see this post, let me know how you ever made out...

try android-x86.org
many have android KitKat and Lollipop running on that machine.......some things still being fixed but basically works.....

ref:
----
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/dell$20venue$208%7Csort:date/android-x86/aGLBaYUIw3Y/kYSyfd13qx4J

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/dell$20venue$208%7Csort:date
13th June 2015, 09:01 PM |#165  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone can show me the tutorial for a begginers, how I put the Android for my dell venue 8 pro?
17th June 2015, 04:27 PM |#166  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymously_Unknown

To be honest, Genymotion, is smoother than Bluestacks, since it has the Vanilla Android interface (without Samsung's Touchwiz or HTC's Sense). The problem is with trying to use the tablet's hardware such as the camera or gyroscope. The process is then not smooth and gameplay (for serious graphic intensive android games) are choppy or lagging at best. You get the feeling that it is all being emulated and not virtualized in the true sense.

I'm convinced you would have better success running Linux natively then finding a method of running Android apps as opposed to running Android on the device.


Android requires an ARM SoC processor. The Venue 8 Pro uses a full X86/64-bit processor. Therefore Android would need to be re-compiled. This isn't worth the effort in my opinion.

There is a n x86 Android kernel and x86 means 32 bit not 64, which would be x64. I know, wierd. I agree running Android apps on Linux would be smoother, but still, it's not the full Android experience. Sorry I had to correct you, I don't want people to get it wrong.
It is very likely that dual booting the Dell Venue is possible but it would probably take a lot of bricked tablets. As for dual booting Android, someone would have to make an Android kernel compatible with the tablet. I'm running a custom kernel on my Kindle Fire HD and it is so buggy. I'm not sure I would recommend dual booting the Dell Venue 8 because there isn't much storage unless you managed to boot off the micro SD which would be slower.
23rd June 2015, 10:36 PM |#167  
Member
Flag KIEV
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hello, developers!
yeah, i made it. my current configuration is dual-booting windows embedded 8.1 ind-ent (hd0,gpt4) and android (hd0,gpt5)
i need to manually enter following commands in grub cli to load android:
insmod ext2
set root=(hd0,gpt5)
linuxefi /kernel
initrdefi /initrd.img
boot
I can't force grubefi to find it's configuration file. already tried to copy in /efi/boot , /efi/boot/grub , /boot/grub and such others on the same drive which grubia32.efi is located. any workaround? P.S. my (hd0,0) ESP partition is read-only as it's locked by vendor.
Last edited by devilng; 24th June 2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: update.
11th July 2015, 02:54 PM |#168  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That's great news!
How did you do that?

Wysłane z mojego MI 4W przy użyciu Tapatalka
Today, 07:09 AM |#169  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdn17

IntelSoftware Black Belt Developer stiffs backers with consoleOS.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josian about 7 hours ago
Hello.
I am usually not the one to complain, but when I decide to do it, I go all the way until I become a thorn.
It is APRIL of 2015, over 120 days after what we were promised the rewards, and you still have not delivered android on the
Dell Venue 8 pro. All the files you made available for download were pretty bad explained in terms of installation, and none
so far would work with the tablet that made me decide to help fund the project. More and more sound to me that this project was
thrown away and now with some cash in hands, you are going towards something else. I honestly don't care the direction you are going,
but if you promised something, you gotta deliver, or return the investment.

We were pitched:
"This isnít an emulator and this isnít homebrew. Console OS is real, native Android that can really toggle with Windows on your PC."
"Console OS is painless to install - for end-users and system builders alike.
This is what makes Console OS so great. You can either install it on your PC's internal drive, or run it entirely from a USB external
hard disk.
Weíre not talking a demo (or "live") version either; all your apps, documents, even encryption can work booting directly from a
USB hard disk."
Where is it? So far I haven't seen or experienced any of that. I truly would like to know and EXPERIENCE IT/USE IT or have the investment back. The pitch and delivery time were very clear. It's been way past that and I think it is time to have it delivered. Please let me know. Thank you.


Cykit 6 days ago
This would be probably the last time I will post something here since $10 loss would not worth too much speaking to @mmv,
no matter if it is really a legitimate company with "editor-s" or just one person role playing. I am sick and tired of waiting,
I bet so many of you feels the same. More than one year you haven't deliver, in the last post you say it's people get hot under the
collar, no, it is because you failed us and you refuse to acknowledge so. Even more insulting to our voters, is the fact you put all
the fault to us. "...we are doing what people voted for us to do...." is simply because you provided that option, by providing that
you implies you are capable. It turns out you are not. Further, you are not forth-coming about the fact that you may never will. Even
if one day you might achieve your goal (for discussion's sake let's assume you are really working on it), all the devices may be too
old for people to care about. And let's not forget Microsoft has opened the door to port Android apps. So, last but not least,
@mmv failure is not the end of the world, but it's shameful to hype others' expectation then not even have the guts to acknowledge
an obvious failure. $10 is small, but our expectation for a whole year is not.

REF: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-pc/comments

How To Run A Scam called ConsoleOS....
--------------------------------------------------------

Multiple banks would not back your business plan, multiple venture capital firms would not back your business plan,
so why not go to KickStarter....those people would never do their due diligents to verify you could accomplish what
you claimed in your business plan. This all assumes that you had a business plan, which as it turns out you never had,
and never approached any bank or venture capitalist because you knew it was all a scam from the beginning, and they would laugh you out of their offices.

A way for you to ride on the initial work that Intel had done with android-ia, and that android-x86 had been so successful with
since 2009....the key was to initially destroy and / or discredit android-x86...which your good at because as a blogger you know
how to use multiple usernames to post on sites / forums to discredit what others are saying. How to get the credibility so your
not discounted as just another disgruntled user of various products / ideas you want to eliminate......?????

Become an Intel Black Belt Developer, like the old Microsoft Developer Program or the Apple Developer Program you end up paying
a few dollars, attending some meet-ups and classes and as long as you keep paying up your in....a true "Developer" for whoever
you want to pay. Once you've accomplished that it fairly easy to always be there for them to push their products, push their
company line, network with all the people who can help you move forward with your "special project" so you can use their stuff
and go out and scam people.........

Guess what now itís time to pay the piper....your nothing but a fraud, pure and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdn17

How To Run A Scam called ConsoleOS....
--------------------------------------------------------

Multiple banks would not back your business plan, multiple venture capital firms would not back your business plan,
so why not go to KickStarter....those people would never do their due diligents to verify you could accomplish what
you claimed in your business plan. This all assumes that you had a business plan, which as it turns out you never had,
and never approached any bank or venture capitalist because you knew it was all a scam from the beginning, and they would laugh you out of their offices.

A way for you to ride on the initial work that Intel had done with android-ia, and that android-x86 had been so successful with
since 2009....the key was to initially destroy and / or discredit android-x86...which your good at because as a blogger you know
how to use multiple usernames to post on sites / forums to discredit what others are saying. How to get the credibility so your
not discounted as just another disgruntled user of various products / ideas you want to eliminate......?????

Become an Intel Black Belt Developer, like the old Microsoft Developer Program or the Apple Developer Program you end up paying
a few dollars, attending some meet-ups and classes and as long as you keep paying up your in....a true "Developer" for whoever
you want to pay. Once you've accomplished that it fairly easy to always be there for them to push their products, push their
company line, network with all the people who can help you move forward with your "special project" so you can use their stuff
and go out and scam people.........

Guess what now itís time to pay the piper....your nothing but a fraud, pure and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most recent android-x86 builds.........
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...86/BgrFoOb3joM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dell venue 8 pro, dual boot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes