FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[APP] [+3.0] Wifi Scheduler

2,849 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,405

By bartito, Recognized Developer on 31st May 2014, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th July 2015, 02:49 PM |#261  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 267

More
hehe - well there are of course many rumours but the price is supposed to be LESS than $450.

are you happy with the OPO? a lot of people are not.

14th July 2015, 02:52 PM |#262  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmax1

hehe - well there are of course many rumours but the price is supposed to be LESS than $450.

are you happy with the OPO? a lot of people are not.

Isn't a prefect device, it as some bugs, but for the prize that I've payed I think is the 2nd best phone that I never owned (the best was the nexus 4).
The main problem of the phone is due to some users has buy it assuming that was the Cyanogen-Nexus, and this isn't true.
14th July 2015, 03:05 PM |#263  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 267

More
fair enough - i am intrigued.

I want the OP2 to replace my aging samsung galaxy S4 - or maybe go for a nexus 6
18th July 2015, 06:33 AM |#264  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmax1

Strange, but i have updated my i9505 S4 from Kitkat to Lollipop ( CyanogenMod 12.1 - optimised by AntaresOne & Alucard24) and found that this app was causing a terrible drain on the battery in the form of kernel wakelocks. Uninstalling it stopped the wakelocks and battery life back to normal, although i have to control my wifi manually!)

Hello
Installed the app in the nexus 4 (with exodus ROM, that is based on cm 12.1) of a friends two days ago and no problems here.
During the test the phone has moved in a range of 500 meters, to minimize the cells change, and the results are found in the screenshots.
I need to test for results if the phone moves between cell towers. Is obvious that this will increase the wakelocks...

Edit: Played with the Nexus 4 of my friend about 2 weeks and no problems here with the wakelocks.
Note that the app isn't requesting for wakelock permission or wake permission. The wakelocks/wake that you have related to this app are related to the wireless on/off and are requesting by the system when the app enables/disables the wifi.,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-18-07-25-51.png
Views:	114
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	3409002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-18-07-26-14.png
Views:	112
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	3409003  
Last edited by bartito; 24th July 2015 at 12:24 PM.
28th July 2015, 02:49 AM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartito

Don't
But I think the app is quite stable.
The only issues that I know are related to cm-12.1 (android 5.1), that isn't stable at this moment

I have a Nexus 6 stock 5.1.1, non rooted. I've been running this app since May, and have a list of green towers. When I leave my home the WiFi is disabled, that part works. But when I return, it doesn't enable the WiFi and I'm always having to manually enable WiFi. Also in other places it hasn't enabled so I can connect.
I have the "Pause if WiFi state disabled" box unchecked. Am I missing something or is it my device?
I know the app works because I had it on my s3 and it was great. Do you have any suggestions that could help me out?
Thank you in advance.
28th July 2015, 06:09 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
great
28th July 2015, 07:38 AM |#267  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Hello
Please, open "connections history" activity
Then let me not if green cell is correctly detected when you enter.
Also, note that WiFi is not enabled just in the moment that you enter in the green cell. It tries a second/minute.
In the connections history, at down, you can display the next WiFi connect/disconnect event time.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsticks

I have a Nexus 6 stock 5.1.1, non rooted. I've been running this app since May, and have a list of green towers. When I leave my home the WiFi is disabled, that part works. But when I return, it doesn't enable the WiFi and I'm always having to manually enable WiFi. Also in other places it hasn't enabled so I can connect.
I have the "Pause if WiFi state disabled" box unchecked. Am I missing something or is it my device?
I know the app works because I had it on my s3 and it was great. Do you have any suggestions that could help me out?
Thank you in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread