FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Thinking of replacing my Note with a windows tablet...

308 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By supremekizzle, Senior Member on 20th May 2014, 08:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th July 2015, 03:27 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just wondering why the moderators don't close this thinly veiled microsoft advertising campaign on a samsung android tablet area..
its like hard cop soft cop, apple had one with boyo THINKING of getting an ipad. Move these to their respective homes ie to the windows thread an the apple thread, and see how long they'll keep up the dialogue there , when its not trying to attract potential Samsung buyers.
May June and July, enough is enough., this is just to keep the headline there. I think I can hear somebody weeping, yes its someone on the windows thread crying because the windows boys won't go and discuss the merits of windows in the windows area.

24th July 2015, 03:32 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungwarrior

Just wondering why the moderators don't close this thinly veiled microsoft advertising campaign on a samsung android tablet area..
its like hard cop soft cop, apple had one with boyo THINKING of getting an ipad. Move these to their respective homes ie to the windows thread an the apple thread, and see how long they'll keep up the dialogue there , when its not trying to attract potential Samsung buyers.
May June and July, enough is enough., this is just to keep the headline there. I think I can hear somebody weeping, yes its someone on the windows thread crying because the windows boys won't go and discuss the merits of windows in the windows area.

I feel sorry for the rest of you in this forum that have to deal with this fool. Immediately he labels me as an Android/Samsung hater and an advertiser for Microsoft when little does he know that I have more development and experience on the Android front than he will ever have in his entire life. Listen buddy, shut up already.

There are areas where Wacom on the Windows end far surpass the experience on Android. For me, that's a plethora of different stylus options that can all be calibrated PERFECTLY. It seems only the S-Pens work well on Note devices without offset. Secondly, when I have everything synced well with OneNote, it's hard to see if the limitations of the Android OneNote app will actually work for my use case.

I'm willing to try the Note 10.1 2014, which I will for sure use CM on because I can't stand TouchWiz (which you obviously love based on your username), and see if I can make it work as a school note taking device.

Stop being a fool, no one's here to put down your precious Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to dimex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2015, 04:36 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimex

I feel sorry for the rest of you in this forum that have to deal with this fool. Immediately he labels me as an Android/Samsung hater and an advertiser for Microsoft when little does he know that I have more development and experience on the Android front than he will ever have in his entire life. Listen buddy, shut up already.

There are areas where Wacom on the Windows end far surpass the experience on Android. For me, that's a plethora of different stylus options that can all be calibrated PERFECTLY. It seems only the S-Pens work well on Note devices without offset. Secondly, when I have everything synced well with OneNote, it's hard to see if the limitations of the Android OneNote app will actually work for my use case.

I'm willing to try the Note 10.1 2014, which I will for sure use CM on because I can't stand TouchWiz (which you obviously love based on your username), and see if I can make it work as a school note taking device.

Stop being a fool, no one's here to put down your precious Samsung.

LMFAO. That last sentence[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
24th July 2015, 04:40 AM |#54  

More
Just purchased a 16GB P600 for $178.11, for just the tablet. Listing showed what looks like little areas of bubbles at the edge of the screen. I haven't researched it extensively, but it seems to be a common manufacturing issue with this tablet, yes?

Samsung use ****ty adhesive or something? Moisture? Either way, for that price I think I can live with it, considering it's likely only noticeable when the screen is off. Next best one with a "flawless" screen was $220+. Hopefully I like this thing.
24th July 2015, 05:48 AM |#55  

More
Quote:

Just purchased a 16GB P600 for $178.11, for just the tablet. Listing showed what looks like little areas of bubbles at the edge of the screen. I haven't researched it extensively, but it seems to be a common manufacturing issue with this tablet, yes?

Samsung use ****ty adhesive or something? Moisture? Either way, for that price I think I can live with it, considering it's likely only noticeable when the screen is off. Next best one with a "flawless" screen was $220+. Hopefully I like this thing.

Yeah I think it is the adhesive. Left my tablet in the car for a few minutes and got bubbles but they went a way after a bit.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Today, 05:20 AM |#56  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion116

Yeah I think it is the adhesive. Left my tablet in the car for a few minutes and got bubbles but they went a way after a bit.

I really like the Note so far, to tell you truth. After experiencing native Android on Core i5/i7 processors, I'm a little spoiled. I notice the sluggishness a little bit, but this tablet is damn thin, light, and QUIET!

The one I received was totally dark and I almost returned it. Opened up the back and reseated the LCD flex cable which fixed things. I really wish Microsoft would update OneNote for Android with some more functionality. Lasso tool or allow eraser with finger like in Papyrus and I would be set. It's so limited, and at this point I really don't want to relearn and transition all my college notes to a new platform. OneNote syncs quite nicely between devices.

I also installed CM12, TouchWiz is just crap, don't know how all of you deal with that mess.
Today, 05:23 AM |#57  

More
Quote:

I really like the Note so far, to tell you truth. After experiencing native Android on Core i5/i7 processors, I'm a little spoiled. I notice the sluggishness a little bit, but this tablet is damn thin, light, and QUIET!

The one I received was totally dark and I almost returned it. Opened up the back and reseated the LCD flex cable which fixed things. I really wish Microsoft would update OneNote for Android with some more functionality. Lasso tool or allow eraser with finger like in Papyrus and I would be set. It's so limited, and at this point I really don't want to relearn and transition all my college notes to a new platform. OneNote syncs quite nicely between devices.

I also installed CM12, TouchWiz is just crap, don't know how all of you deal with that mess.

Yeah. I use BrokenOS and/or and it makes my tablet fly.

Today, 05:32 AM |#58  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion116

Yeah. I use BrokenOS and/or and it makes my tablet fly

Never even heard of BrokenOS. Link me!
Today, 05:44 AM |#59  

More
Quote:

Never even heard of BrokenOS. Link me!

I maintain it so I am partial, lol. But everyone who uses it loves it. https://plus.google.com/114933367381...ts/FZbVhWX2VT4

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread