FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZTE Open Firefox OS build thread (Mar25, updated for 3.0 build)

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By hevangel, Junior Member on 21st June 2014, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th September 2014, 10:01 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YemSalat

That probably wasn't me who helped you previously, but you're welcome anyway )
It's weird that you can't flash the 1.3, are you using the version which linr76 provided?

You can try flashing my 2.1 build (link), it should work for 1.1.

Thanks YemSalat!!! I finally could install your image so i am not in 1.1 anymore Your build is actually very cool, thanks for your images again. My next step will be triying to build it by myself, but my first attempts was also frustrating...we will see..

26th March 2015, 07:48 AM |#32  
OP Junior Member

More
Somehow I found my old ZTE Open (1st gen) in a lost corner, so I decided to download the latest source from B2G, compile and flash the phone.
Now I have Firefox OS 3.0 running in the ZTE Open. 3.0 seems slightly faster than 2.2, but the radio app and video camera still do not work.
Other than that, I don't see any big difference between 3.0 and 2.2
Here is the link to the ROM image Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...zR0Y25DZmlkZm8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13516_10153118199105269_3267512846940999643_n.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	3229785  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hevangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 06:51 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevangel

Somehow I found my old ZTE Open (1st gen) in a lost corner, so I decided to download the latest source from B2G, compile and flash the phone.
Now I have Firefox OS 3.0 running in the ZTE Open. 3.0 seems slightly faster than 2.2, but the radio app and video camera still do not work.

Are GPS and the Home button light still broken?
27th March 2015, 06:24 AM |#34  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeap. They are still broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to hevangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2015, 04:23 PM |#35  

More
Quote:

Other than that, I don't see any big difference between 3.0 and 2.2.

How did you compile B2G 2.2 for inari at all? Every time I've tried I've run into bug 1121600 (can't link it because I'm a newbie here). The last time I tried to compile 3.0 it failed to flash the phone, so I figured that was the end of the line, but maybe that's been fixed. I wish they would branch to B2G 3.1 or something though, I don't want to use a pre-alpha on my phone (from what I've heard, they decided to only branch once a year because vendors complained about the frequency of updates).

Edit: I still get the same error trying to flash my phone with a local build of 3.0: "too many links". I need to try your build, but I have no idea why there would be a difference (and it's 2 months out of date at this point).

Edit2: I can flash the system.img you provided onto it without any problems! What the heck? I wonder if mine is too big: I noticed my system.img is 169.13MiB whereas yours is only 128.64MiB. The commandline I used was simply the following:
Code:
BRANCH=master VARIANT=user ./config.sh inari
BRANCH=master VARIANT=user ./build.sh
I think you omitted the 'VARIANT=user' part since the mochitest stuff is installed. I'll try omitting it too.

Edit3: Huh, so a 'VARIANT=eng' build using B2G tip and GCC 4.8 gives a system.img of 138.91MiB and a 'VARIANT=userdebug' build gives a system.img of 171.04MiB. I can flash the 'eng' variant onto my phone just fine! So that's that mystery at least partially solved - I wonder why it's bigger with the 'user' variants though.

Edit4: Except it doesn't detect my SIM card. Welp, back to the latest 2.1s it is.
Last edited by Ver Greeneyes; 30th May 2015 at 10:35 PM.
14th June 2015, 04:52 AM |#36  
Flag Pipersville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib

Are GPS and the Home button light still broken?

Downloaded TomTom app and after toggling location in settings a few times, GPS seems to be working!

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Free mobile app
17th July 2015, 11:10 AM |#37  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 40

More
at <hevangel>
Somehow I found my old ZTE Open ...

I have flashed your system.img and userdata.img to get ffos 3.0, and it works well and indeed a good thing faster and smoother than 2.1.
During flashing "fastboot flash boot ramdisk.img" I got an error (no such partition). How can I flash your ramdisk, have I to repack the boot.img?
Thanks for compiling ffos 3.0., is there a way for you to integrate german language (new compiling?)?
Last edited by martin_s5670; 17th July 2015 at 11:13 AM.
Yesterday, 10:28 AM |#38  

More
Building FFOS code
Quote:

Thanks a lot for posting Hevangel, currently using your build i have been trying to compile source code for 3.0 with no success, i always get an error message
Blob setup script has changed, re-running
Backing up system partition to backup-inari
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Pulling files from ../../../backup-inari
Pulling "libOmxAacDec.so"
Failed to pull libOmxAacDec.so. Giving up.

I am strictely following the steps from the mozilla devs website, but i am not able to move forward on this. My environment is Ubuntu 12.04 (as they recommend in the website), 40 free GB, java oracle 6, g++ and gcc 4.8.1 and android rules file working.

Any help?? Wich environment are you using??

Thanks!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread