FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[APP][4.2+][ROOT] SecondScreen - better screen mirroring for rooted devices

430 posts
Thanks Meter: 288

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th July 2015, 11:31 AM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Found another problem: Cyanogen (12.1 on Nexus 5) ) reboots immediately after you start the Second Screen app and grants root access.

20th July 2015, 11:34 AM |#222  
Flag Aix-la-Chapelle
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffie

Found another problem: Cyanogen (12.1 on Nexus 5) ) reboots immediately after you start the Second Screen app and grants root access.

Because of this I use a older Version of CM12.1 from 2015-05-28 on my Note Pro 12.2. All Versions after this have the reboot Problem.
21st July 2015, 04:17 PM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Trying to run SecondScreen on my Droid 4 with Android 4.4.4 and SlimKat ROM build 9. Immediately get not responding and application close when attempting to save a profile. Oddly enough, I get the same thing on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro 4.2.1 (Stock ROM). Both devices are rooted and SS has SU permission.

Is there an older SS that I can download and try?
23rd July 2015, 06:18 PM |#224  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001

Because of this I use a older Version of CM12.1 from 2015-05-28 on my Note Pro 12.2. All Versions after this have the reboot Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLPDA

Trying to run SecondScreen on my Droid 4 with Android 4.4.4 and SlimKat ROM build 9. Immediately get not responding and application close when attempting to save a profile. Oddly enough, I get the same thing on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro 4.2.1 (Stock ROM). Both devices are rooted and SS has SU permission.

Just so we can rule the latest update (2.4.2) out, here's the apk of the previous update (2.4.1).

When I get some time I'll try to flash the latest CM12 on a test device and look into this a bit better.
Attached Files
File Type: apk app-free-release.apk - [Click for QR Code] (366.0 KB, 20 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2015, 06:02 AM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb

==============================================

Just so we can rule the latest update (2.4.2) out, here's the apk of the previous update (2.4.1).

When I get some time I'll try to flash the latest CM12 on a test device and look into this a bit better.

2.4.1 works just fine. There must be a problem with 2.4.2. Thank you!!!
24th July 2015, 06:30 AM |#226  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

2.4.1 works just fine. There must be a problem with 2.4.2. Thank you!!!

Thanks for verifying this. It looks like 2.4.2 did indeed cause crashes on Android 4.x devices when saving profiles and also when launching the Quick Actions menu. (It also looks like I need to do more thorough testing on Android 4.x devices...)

I've uploaded a new apk in the Downloads section of the thread and will also be rolling out on Google Play soon. Please let me know if this fixes the crashes. The new apk won't do anything to solve the CM12 incompatibilities - I still need to investigate this (hopefully over the weekend).
The Following User Says Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2015, 02:37 PM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
+1 for CM12.1 incompability fixes. Will donate when it runs
Last edited by karlo12; 29th July 2015 at 02:41 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport
Previous Thread Next Thread