FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

View Poll Results: Where you successful at getting OTA installed

yes

74 Vote(s)
54.81%
no

61 Vote(s)
45.19%

[ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][ATT][OC1][OTA with KEEP ROOT][Soft Brick FIX]

7,049 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,709

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th June 2015, 10:32 PM |#681  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam1989

Safestrap does not support lollipop. Current method is the only way to switch between the 2. Its because Safestraps last version only supports KK and KK kernak. Hence the use of NC2 Flasher. After you flash the LP ROM you want you would flash the OC1 kernel so that it can boot into LP. If safestrap was updated to work with LP it would be just like we had it on NC2 KK.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry, I am still confused.

I was on rooted NC2.
I followed the exact steps from OP and now I have Lollipop rooted (yay... ).
But how do I get the Safestrap working again? Even though SS was working on NC2, not it doesn't (which is probably already explained). But how do we fix it so that SS starts working again on Lollipop (OC1)?
Btw, I am planning to create a new slot and install Alliance rom on it, which is why I need SS working
EDIT;
Great thanks killacam1989. While they find a permanent solution for SS, as you mentioned, I am using NC2 Flasher app to temp flash the NC2 kernel and boot into SS recovery. As soon as you are in SS recovery, you just need to remember to flash your current kernel (OC1 in our case) and THEN flash your other stuff you came in SS for . If you forget that, you will never be able to boot in OC1 Lollipop OS until you do that.
Last edited by ajfathers; 21st June 2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added temp workaround details for SS.

29th June 2015, 03:46 AM |#682  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy the lolipop goodness. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!
30th June 2015, 06:53 PM |#683  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatimest

Worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy the lolipop goodness. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!

[emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
22nd July 2015, 08:31 PM |#684  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
The ROM installed fine and everything was perfect for a day. Now my MMS won't work. Tried a bunch of different APN's and text apps. My MMS messages on come in and send when I restart my phone. 10 seconds after restarting it's back to nothing. I've tried using textra but nothing works.
22nd July 2015, 10:23 PM |#685  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdatslaya

The ROM installed fine and everything was perfect for a day. Now my MMS won't work. Tried a bunch of different APN's and text apps. My MMS messages on come in and send when I restart my phone. 10 seconds after restarting it's back to nothing. I've tried using textra but nothing works.

Have you tryed to remove and reinstall you sim card , maybe it could be your issue, a last resort would be a factoty reset, but save any pictures you have on interal sdcard
29th July 2015, 03:04 AM |#686  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
hey guys, I'm not sure that I have safestrap still after going to OC1 with LP on this note 3. Any thoughts?
29th July 2015, 06:19 AM |#687  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddangerous

hey guys, I'm not sure that I have safestrap still after going to OC1 with LP on this note 3. Any thoughts?

you have to have safestrap running and install a rooted lollipop install with safestrap then you can just install the nc2 kernel to boot safestrap.
29th July 2015, 04:52 PM |#688  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wow, that really sucks... I went back to NC2 using the all in one, thinking my internal SD was safe because I didn't use the PIT, but then got stuck on AT&T logo for 15 minutes and counting and had to factory reset in stock recovery, which wipes the internal. fml.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread