FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

1,302 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,634

By verygreen, Recognized Contributor on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd July 2015, 12:22 AM |#2211  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Totally Stumped
I thought I was fairly savvy but......

I have 10.2 installed on my HD+ 9" .

I have gone into developer options and set it to give the option to boot into recovery except the option never shows up.

I have tried holding the N and power button and it gets me to a little red message in a box that asks if I want to factory reset...which I don't at the moment.

How do I get to recovery to flash the required updated CWM and then CM11?

Thanks in advance.....

23rd July 2015, 01:42 AM |#2212  
Flag Milton, GA
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton57

I thought I was fairly savvy but......

I have 10.2 installed on my HD+ 9" .

I have gone into developer options and set it to give the option to boot into recovery except the option never shows up.

I have tried holding the N and power button and it gets me to a little red message in a box that asks if I want to factory reset...which I don't at the moment.

How do I get to recovery to flash the required updated CWM and then CM11?

Thanks in advance.....

There is now ofcial twrp support you can DL it from their websight, and flashify can install it. It works better than cwm and is not just a port any more. After that flash anything you like. I recommend the unofficial cm12.1 ROM from here on xda personally, but with twrp you will be able to install cm11 from their websight also. And for gapps, I very highly suggest you go for a "pico" version, as it is the bare minimum to get the play store, then you install what you want from there. It will help the HD+ RAM stretch a bit farther without all the added Google bloat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ieatabiscuit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2015, 12:19 PM |#2213  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Sucess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatabiscuit

There is now ofcial twrp support you can DL it from their websight, and flashify can install it. It works better than cwm and is not just a port any more. After that flash anything you like. I recommend the unofficial cm12.1 ROM from here on xda personally, but with twrp you will be able to install cm11 from their websight also. And for gapps, I very highly suggest you go for a "pico" version, as it is the bare minimum to get the play store, then you install what you want from there. It will help the HD+ RAM stretch a bit farther without all the added Google bloat.

Thanks ieatabisquit.....it worked!

I managed to flash the wrong gapps by mistake so I wiped, reinstalled and all is now well with my nook
23rd July 2015, 09:36 PM |#2214  
Flag Milton, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton57

Thanks ieatabisquit.....it worked!

I managed to flash the wrong gapps by mistake so I wiped, reinstalled and all is now well with my nook

Good! Did you go for stability with CM11, or did you get brave, and try the unofficial CM12.1? And how did you like that newness of twrp on it vs CWM?
24th July 2015, 02:10 AM |#2215  
Flag Emmaus
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I have cm11 installed with cwm w cyanboot. Am I able to flash twrp through flashify and still be able to boot my nook normally even if I don't want to flash cm12.1?

Sent from my LG-v410 using XDA Free mobile app
24th July 2015, 02:18 AM |#2216  
Flag Milton, GA

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamolot

I have cm11 installed with cwm w cyanboot. Am I able to flash twrp through flashify and still be able to boot my nook normally even if I don't want to flash cm12.1?

Sent from my LG-v410 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, you can do it without even doing damage to your current CM11 install. Just make sure you have the right one for your nook, if you flash ovation on hummingbird, or vice-versa, it will cause serious troubles for you and require a bootable SD card to fix.
Last edited by ieatabiscuit; 24th July 2015 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Edit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ieatabiscuit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2015, 03:36 AM |#2217  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
Any chance of getting the first post updated for the latest and greatest? I'm a little confused on how to update to 12.
29th July 2015, 04:56 AM |#2218  
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
Updated to the 7-26 version from CM11. That didn't go so well as it was stuck on the boot animation. Wiped and started over and now I'm up and running. So far the issues for me have been mentioned by some others. Can't reboot to recovery from the menu (yes, it's enabled ). Backlight seemed stuck at first but after the turning the screen off and then on again the slider works. I have to do this after every reboot so far but that is very minor.

Thanks for the work.
29th July 2015, 09:22 PM |#2219  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf

Updated to the 7-26 version from CM11. That didn't go so well as it was stuck on the boot animation. Wiped and started over and now I'm up and running. So far the issues for me have been mentioned by some others. Can't reboot to recovery from the menu (yes, it's enabled ). Backlight seemed stuck at first but after the turning the screen off and then on again the slider works. I have to do this after every reboot so far but that is very minor.

Thanks for the work.

I'd recommend M12 snapshot of cm11.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11
Previous Thread Next Thread