FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

4,694 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,277

By jcase, Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 02:21 AM |#3791  
Flag Castaic, California
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyverzero

Yeah, if the new version of Sunshine doesn't fix what my problem is, I'm gonna just dedicate a day to go back to stock and get this all solved. Thanks for the suggestion

Don't you have a stock backup? If you do just backup your viper setup then restore the stock, and use Sunshine to get S-off then restore your viper backup. If you don't have a stock backup there are some in the T-MOBILE forum, or you can PM me, and I'll give you one of mine. This should work, and not take much more than a hour to complete.

I Truly Enjoy XDA-Developers with this Fabulous HTC One M9
The Following User Says Thank You to jbfountain For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Yesterday, 04:36 AM |#3792  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfountain

Don't you have a stock backup? If you do just backup your viper setup then restore the stock, and use Sunshine to get S-off then restore your viper backup. If you don't have a stock backup there are some in the T-MOBILE forum, or you can PM me, and I'll give you one of mine. This should work, and not take much more than a hour to complete.

I Truly Enjoy XDA-Developers with this Fabulous HTC One M9

Well now I'm really at a loss. I did just decide to take the time out and reflash my stock backup (rooted, but otherwise untouched from when I got the phone) and sunshine had the same error. So, now all I can hope for is that I'm one of those M9's the dev talked about!
Yesterday, 04:37 AM |#3793  
OP Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well now I'm really at a loss. I did just decide to take the time out and reflash my stock backup (rooted, but otherwise untouched from when I got the phone) and sunshine had the same error. So, now all I can hope for is that I'm one of those M9's the dev talked about!

hold tight, we are banging it out now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:16 AM |#3794  
OP Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
We have released 3.1.13, which should fix the issues with m9/e9 Please download and try it. You have have to reflash your rom or ruu for it to work properly. Let us know if you need further help.

Quote:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:44 PM |#3795  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

We have released 3.1.13, which should fix the issues with m9/e9 Please download and try it. You have have to reflash your rom or ruu for it to work properly. Let us know if you need further help.

Hi guys,
I have 2 desperate friends that have Verizon M8s and they have only 15-20 days to achieve soff. If they can't phones gonna be useless. Any help?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 01:05 PM |#3796  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,804

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Not that it needs confirmation, but I used the latest version just now to S-OFF my M9 and it worked perfectly. Goodbye carrier branding and long waits for updates!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 01:11 PM |#3797  
Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction_emrah

Hi guys,
I have 2 desperate friends that have Verizon M8s and they have only 15-20 days to achieve soff. If they can't phones gonna be useless. Any help?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Kinda mentioned in the OP:
Verizon HTC m8 5.x users are now supported, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3652.

read that and the posts following it
Yesterday, 02:00 PM |#3798  
Flag Constanţa
Thanks Meter: 560

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Kinda mentioned in the OP:
Verizon HTC m8 5.x users are now supported, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3652.

read that and the posts following it

Is M8"S" don't know if that is supported(snapdragon 615)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cyrusct82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:47 PM |#3799  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusct82

Is M8"S" don't know if that is supported(snapdragon 615)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ah my bad, thought he meant the plural of M8
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:37 AM |#3800  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Another success story on the new version! Just flashed it on my way home from Canada in the car and I'm now all ready to flash the new firmware when I get home!

Went smooth as can be, just like I thought it would. Did take a couple minutes after the app popped up after reboot, but I just let it wait and eventually the prompt screen came up. Thanks a ton, great tool!

Will be using again on my M10 if anyone is still using HTC stuff by next year
Last edited by guyverzero; Today at 01:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to guyverzero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread