FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Viber problem. Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By okizen, Senior Member on 16th March 2014, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2015, 04:39 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
That's in interesting issue - sounds like it could be your Wi-Fi, but since your friend can connect we will need to investigate deeper. Please open a support ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2 so that we can take a closer look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILDUDE

I just installed Viber today, and when I am connected to Wifi it says "Viber service is currently being blocked. Please try again later. Place a regular call instead?"

When I disconnect my wifi then it works. One of my colleagues also installed today, but her samsung works perfectly connected to the same wifi network.

I am from south africa on MTN network with a Samsung Galaxy S4. Wifi connection is a Telkom ADSL line.

12th April 2015, 12:17 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Viber Disconnections even on 4G network.
1. Fiji
2. Since last few months
3. No
4.No
21st May 2015, 11:03 PM |#33  

More
thread: Viber problem. Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber Team

Hi there, pls provide me with the following details:

1. where are you from?
2. When did the issue first begin? After upgrading Viber? After upgrading the operating system?
3. Have you made any changes to your phone’s operating system settings?
4. Were any other applications installed shortly after the issue began?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks for your help!

I'm also having a problem with my Viber connection. I use both the Smart Phone and the Windows PC Version of it. It was still working fine 2 nights ago (I use Viber everyday) but last night... I suddenly cannot access Viber on any of my devices showing the "Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable." notification.

1. I'm from Quezon City, Philippines. Internet connection is provided by PLDT.
2. The issue started just last night (May 21, 2015). I didn't upgrade viber, I didn't upgrade my android phone and I didn't upgrade my windows pc. It just started not working out of the blue. Nothing is wrong with my internet connection (wifi is strong) as well.
3. No changes were made.
4. No additional applications were installed and both my viber android and viber pc is not working.

What could be the problem?
22nd May 2015, 01:06 AM |#34  

More
my viber is disconnected eventhough i have a working wi-fi
my Viber is disconnected eventhough i have a working wi-fi connection. i have not updated my OS and i have not installed any new apps on my Samsung Note 3 prior to this happening. The Viber status on my phone says, 'Service Disconnected' and that messaging and calls are disconnected. It has been 1 day already and my Viber service is still disconnected. Im from the Philippines and I know that Viber works here so I am concerned mine started not working a day ago. Viber is very important messaging tool for me for my personal and business-related use so i would very much appreciate it if you can guys help me with this issue. Thank you!
12th June 2015, 11:44 AM |#35  

More
Viber disconnected , calls and messages are unavailable
Quote:

1. where are you from?
2. When did the issue first begin? After upgrading Viber? After upgrading the operating system?

Hi ,
1. I am in Brisbane, Australia, but my ID viber using mobile number in Vietnam.
2. My Viber was working well nearly 2 years now, but it has just appeared intermittently a message ' disconnected: calls and messages are unavailable' since yesterday afternoon 12 June '15. . I did not upgrading any things on my mobile !
3. I did not change any settings on my phone.
4. Did not install any applications as well.

Pls help me to fix this as I need to use it everyday. Thank you.

Regards,
The FlinnBrisbane
13th July 2015, 10:49 AM |#36  

More
Hi,
I have also encountered the same problem, Viber doesn't work in wi-fi, nore in 4G

1. Lithuania
2. First began on 13th July 2015, no upgrades were done.
3. No changes to operating system.
4. No any applications were installed.
14th July 2015, 08:03 AM |#37  
Manila
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hi,

It seems that there is some kind of block on Viber in your region. We are currently investigating the situation in Oman and will post any new updates on our support page: http://support.viber.com/

HI Viber Team,
1. I do have a question how can we restore the old messages if we changed the ROM or factory reset? i tried some back-up apps then convert the history messages into .csv
2. Is there other way or suggestions that could receive the activation code - reason is I flashed new ROM so my viber number was registered in my home country but then I used a different number (outside home country) to use the Viber again so all of my contacts & chats history were gone! appreciate your feedbacks.
26th July 2015, 09:57 AM |#38  

More
Quote:

1. where are you from?

1. Im from papua new guinea
2. After I changed my phone but same Samsung s3 ang also upgraded my viber
3. No
4. None

*** I can only access my viber using wifi but not my mobile data.

Thanks.
Yesterday, 04:23 AM |#39  

More
Hi I got the same issue since the other day. I'm from the Philippines by the way.
My LG G2 and Samsung note 8 wont connect to viber over WiFi. I already reinstalled it on both devices, even sent out a ticket to viber. I already did a reset on my router, still same thing. And the odd thing is that, my cousin (using Galaxy S6) had the same issue. But when we connect to our mobile data it's seems fine. Though I think I fixed my problem but I'm still observing it for at least a day until I call it a fix. But you guys can try it as well. Let me know if it works.

I deleted viber on all deviced connected to it, PCs, tablets and phones. Then I just had it installed on my main phone, my LG G2.
Then uninstall viber first, reboot your phone, install it again, then reboot again. It should work now.
The thing is, you have to make sure there are no other devices associated with your viber account before installing it on your device.

I wont be using my viber on other devices until maybe within 24hrs or so.
Let us know if this works for you, and I'll keep you updated as well if anything changes on mine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread