Thanks Meter: 92

By Jettubby, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 12:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th February 2015, 10:56 PM |#11  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 274

Donate to Me
More
Oh bollocks I just downloaded the Sammy drivers from there and was wondering why its copying so many files and slowing down my system. As I was installing it I saw this thread and quickly aborted the installation but it had been running for about 30mins. I am now running zonealarm antivirus program to check the amount of damage done. Thanks for this thread as I would have been clueless without it.

8th March 2015, 04:52 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I too am a victim. I realized to late. Running malwarebytes right now. I now remember why I hate windows.
The Following User Says Thank You to fattyspecial For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2015, 05:44 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Yup. After clicking on a link someone posted in the Omega ROMs forum to download Odin, i foolishly downloaded it. I shut off Avira real-time protection, assuming i was getting false-positives.
Last edited by billybag; 17th March 2015 at 05:47 AM.
25th March 2015, 02:53 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yep, completely worthless download.

I had to uninstall about 6 programs on my PC. It's sad that it's the very top search result on Google.
Last edited by mboyd13; 25th March 2015 at 04:58 PM. Reason: I have a conscience
3rd April 2015, 10:09 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I downloaded it from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...v3-10-t2859776

Looks clean
14th April 2015, 10:37 PM |#16  

More
Unhappy re: odindownload.com viruses
I downloaded from there yesterday and I've been trying to clean my laptop ever since. I've used mbytes chameleon three times, adwcleaner, zoek, combofix, you name it ... I'd have done a clean windows reinstall already but I don't want to lose my browser histories -- it's my only clue as to what I was working on on any given day.
Anyhow it's not just the ordinary dozen or so variations of PUP -- I've blundered on to attack sites before, but this is my worst experience ever. And it comes up way higher in search when you google Odin than legit links -- must get a lot of traffic. So yeah., we we're idiots but at least we're not lonely idiots.
10th June 2015, 01:13 PM |#17  

More
Tutorial just fell for this
Luckily I clicked advanced install and noticed it wanted me to install like 8 programs that had nothing to do with Odin: PCCLEANER, etc. and none of them were actually Odin. Something smelt fishy, so I canceled the install, scanned the installer with malwarebytes, which confirmed that it was a threat, then promptly removed it. Now running a full scan to check for any lingering boogers. I'm nervous because I clicked yes to "allow __ to make changes to this computer."
23rd July 2015, 07:38 PM |#18  

More
how to clean our laptop?
i tryed many times to clean my PC, Panda clound, ADW, Malwarebyte. But at ever restart, few minuts later, many progams auto-installed, firefox homepage and search changed, Ad-modules...
I'm goin' crazy ! How to fix it?
31st July 2015, 12:31 PM |#19  
Flag Oak Park
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautpower

i tryed many times to clean my PC, Panda clound, ADW, Malwarebyte. But at ever restart, few minuts later, many progams auto-installed, firefox homepage and search changed, Ad-modules...
I'm goin' crazy ! How to fix it?

I still can't believe that I fell for it. I just made another admin account and logged out of the virus filled account, then I logged into the new account and deleted the virus account and everything was fine because for some reason the Trojan only affects the account that it was installed on.
31st July 2015, 01:40 PM |#20  

More
Thank's a lot

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)