5,600,182 Members 38,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash details from Flashcamp

Tip us?

theillustratedlife
Old
(Last edited by theillustratedlife; 17th April 2010 at 06:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Flash details from Flashcamp

I was at Flashcamp yesterday at Adobe. Here's what I learned:

Flash Player will run on any handset with FroYo. Both should be available in May. FP is hardware-optimized when possible, hence the dependancy on FroYo.

Bowler Hat's GridShock was being demoed on a Droid as a native APK (just like the iPhone Packager). I forgot to check the Android version, but it felt slightly laggy.

I think I heard AIR (the Android Packager) should ship around September.

Awesome Android devices will ship this year, including tablets.

hotweiss
Old
Thanks Meter 23
What version number will FroYo get? Are you serious, May? I seriously doubt that FroYo will be released in May...

theillustratedlife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I heard Fro-Yo is Android 2.3. They publicly stated that Flash Player 10.1 will run on any phone with Fro-Yo, and that there will be a public build available in May. They did give the caveat concerning the availability of Fro-Yo on devices, so I don't know what the Android timetable is.

I'm mainly posting this info here so the ROM chefs can start thinking about an AOSP build of Fro-Yo, so we'll be able to run Flash content on a mobile device in May.

wrsg
Old
(Last edited by wrsg; 18th April 2010 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweiss View Post
What version number will FroYo get? Are you serious, May? I seriously doubt that FroYo will be released in May...
i can't remember when AOSP 2.1 was released but its at least 6 months now. i also doubt it will be May, but would be pleasantly surprised if it was.
Samsung Galaxy Note

OneDrive is here! It's the one place for everything in your life. Sign up and get 7 GB free. https://onedrive.live.com?invref=784...8597&invsrc=90

Check out MediaFire to get up to 50GB of free online space. https://mfi.re/?d6zj56s

Brut.all
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsng View Post
i can't remember when AOSP 2.1 was released but its at least 6 months now. i also doubt it will be May, but would be pleasantly surprised if it was.
As I wrote somewhere, there are already some simple checks for Froyo in Google Maps :) This doesn't mean we will have it soon, but we can at least hope for that :)
G+ | apktool | Ingress broot mod | Brut Google Maps (dead)

If you like me you can buy me a droidburger!
Tags
air, android, flash, flashcamp, froyo