[Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By lexloci, Junior Member on 2nd April 2014, 10:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th February 2015, 05:26 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
After the yellow burn in the screen that spot went dead and wouldn't register taps. I replaced the LCD and its working like new.

15th April 2015, 02:29 AM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Thumbs up Temp Solution:
Try this out guys put your phone in the freezer (yes that cold box in your kitchen) for a good 5-10 minutes while its ON.

Pull it out and leave it alone as it adapts back to normal temps. Open up a white background / app like gmail and you will see the yellow marks will be diminished.

I say this is a temporary solution because It might go back to the dark yellow caused by the adhesive paste under the glass screen.
This is the cheapest fix without having to replace the screen. glass.

Good luck I am no responsible if you freeze your phone
12th May 2015, 11:05 PM |#33  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseldog

I am having the exact same problem. A yellow strea started appearing on the left side of the screen, and now one is slowly coming on the right. Now that you mentioned this, I do remember a couple times when my LG Gs got extremely hot, and I had to turn it off. I contacted Lg to see if this is a known problem, and they said they would do nothing. It's too bad because I really like the phone in every other matter.

Is there any kind of petition to get LG to acknowledge this problem and fix i?. It seems like this is a factory defect that they need to address. Let's get on Twitter and YouTube and make some noise!

I sold my LG G2 because LG Portugal refused to fix it and bought a NOTE 4 I will never buy any LG smartphone and I warn all my friends not to do it also.

Some users were able to get it fixed by LG...
19th May 2015, 11:48 AM |#34  
Flag Frankfurt a.M.(DE) / Deva(RO)
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Yellow spots.... i hate you. Just got my phone back from warranty, they told me that the phone has mechanical schocks and this void the warranty. Thank you LG Romania! And this was my last LG phone ever!
19th May 2015, 03:38 PM |#35  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've got this on an LG G2 white one, it is annoying but not worth replacing the screen on it (since my warranty is out) and the phone is worth double a screen replacement. I had flash problems with a black one I had from LG's web site and LG refused to sort it out.. although I like the features of the phone, I've had GPS issues on this too.... useless! My Galaxy S3 was much better and never had these random issues! I'll be moving back to a Samsung for my next phone I think...
14th July 2015, 11:14 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
F320x(I think it's k). Same problem, vertical streak mid top right. Seems to go away when I press the screen or after a few minutes. Problem happened when watching html5 video in habit browser in landscape position 90 to the right from upright(not using mx player or the like) it wasn't even that hot, warm but that warm either. Certainly not hot to the touch, but could be 60+ degrees cpu range. Optimus rs 4.4 rom, Dorimanx kernel

Scrolling still working in that area, not sure if any permanent damage

Next phone is a oneplus two or a discounted oneplus one I think
Last edited by stillsober; 14th July 2015 at 11:21 PM.
31st July 2015, 05:21 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have the same problem..and looking all yours pictures, the position it's always the same.

So only 1 people reach the goal of have the substitution of its smartphone from LG?
I think it's strange.. it's a well document story!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)