FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

243 posts
Thanks Meter: 734
 
By nicklovell23, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 01:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd June 2015, 12:41 AM |#1271  
ezwalker63's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
I did a clean flash of this ROM and got horrible battery life. I tried it out for a week to see if it would straighten itself out with no luck. I only installed a few additional apps during the week of testing. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve battery life? I love this ROM and would like to continue to use it but I can't keep it if I'm only going to get around 5 hours of battery life. Thanks in advance!

- EZ -
 
 
23rd June 2015, 01:08 AM |#1272  
critikality's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwalker63

I did a clean flash of this ROM and got horrible battery life. I tried it out for a week to see if it would straighten itself out with no luck. I only installed a few additional apps during the week of testing. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve battery life? I love this ROM and would like to continue to use it but I can't keep it if I'm only going to get around 5 hours of battery life. Thanks in advance!

- EZ -


i suggest you try it with custom kernels, there are a lot in the forum.
23rd June 2015, 01:12 AM |#1273  
JaylanPHNX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,565
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwalker63

I did a clean flash of this ROM and got horrible battery life. I tried it out for a week to see if it would straighten itself out with no luck. I only installed a few additional apps during the week of testing. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve battery life? I love this ROM and would like to continue to use it but I can't keep it if I'm only going to get around 5 hours of battery life. Thanks in advance!

- EZ -

How old is your battery? When these devices get older, you have to wonder if poor battery life is due to software or just the cells wearing out.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4
23rd June 2015, 12:49 PM |#1274  
ezwalker63's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

How old is your battery? When these devices get older, you have to wonder if poor battery life is due to software or just the cells wearing out.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4

It is a couple of years old but the battery life is fine with Touchwiz based ROMs. Thanks for the response!

- EZ -

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by critikality

i suggest you try it with custom kernels, there are a lot in the forum.

Do you have any you like in particular? I have always used Touchwiz based ROMs and I'm not familiar with AOSP based kernels.

- EZ -
23rd June 2015, 01:50 PM |#1275  
Senior Member
Flag St. Paul
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwalker63

It is a couple of years old but the battery life is fine with Touchwiz based ROMs. Thanks for the response!

- EZ -

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------



Do you have any you like in particular? I have always used Touchwiz based ROMs and I'm not familiar with AOSP based kernels.

- EZ -

I really liked the Quantum kernel on kitkat ROMs. Be sure you get the kitkat one and not any of the lollipop ones for this ROM.

What you're describing does not match my experience on this ROM on its stock kernel. I remember it being very good for battery use, maybe one of the best. You might have some other app causing a wakelock problem. You should investigate it with better battery stats. See if something is keeping your phone from getting to deep sleep when idle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jason2678 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:57 PM |#1276  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
you can also use battery calibration, works really well !
Yesterday, 04:43 PM |#1277  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
for some weird reason I can not find the lock screen options under security... am I missing something or is it in some weird location ?

EDIT: never mind it was in interface --- brain fart there, sorry all
Last edited by unibombz; Yesterday at 04:46 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes