FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM][P600][MAR 9] Hyperdrive KK RLS5.1 ║Tab S ║ Unlimited Customization

5,139 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,760

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from sbreen94: Hyperdrive Note 10.1 2014 RLS5.1 has been released with a huge amount of new tweaks and features!
23rd July 2015, 10:49 AM |#1751  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
I have an odd issue with this ROM. I just flashed and setup everything and just one thing bothers me. On every homescreen I get the "Press and hold screen to add items" and it won't go away regardless of what I put on there. Should I reflash?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by enmriley

How do I remove the "Press and hold screen to add items" text on the home screens? It's right in the middle and doesn't go away with adding an app or widget.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

NOVA launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen94

Or read the faq haha

Thanks @sbreen94, faqs ppl please read them they help. Plus search before posting, not what I did lol
Last edited by daswahnsinn; 23rd July 2015 at 02:51 PM.

24th July 2015, 04:44 AM |#1752  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Do others still have the problem with download update failures in Google Play that are "cured" by running ClearCache between each update? I'm finding this very frustrating as it doesn't always work and it is taking a very long time to update programs. The screen is freezing at least once a day where it is no longer responding to screen touching although the buttons still work.. I love the machine and the OS except for this frustrating problem. I wish there was a way around it or a patch I could apply to fix it.
24th July 2015, 01:55 PM |#1753  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally44

Do others still have the problem with download update failures in Google Play that are "cured" by running ClearCache between each update? I'm finding this very frustrating as it doesn't always work and it is taking a very long time to update programs. The screen is freezing at least once a day where it is no longer responding to screen touching although the buttons still work.. I love the machine and the OS except for this frustrating problem. I wish there was a way around it or a patch I could apply to fix it.

I have never had any of the problems you just described. I have been running the latest version of this ROM since the day it was released and haven't had any problems. The only thing I can recommend is to factory reset and perform a clean install.

- EZ -
25th July 2015, 11:51 PM |#1754  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally44

I've had the same problem lately and it seems to be getting worse. I've searched online for hours, finding all the same advice (clear caches/restart/add-delete Google accounts/etc) and it doesn't seem to stick.

App updating was fine when I first installed the ROM so I'm guessing that a clean install is in order. Was hoping to avoid the whole reinstall/re-setup process but I don't think I've got much of a choice.
27th July 2015, 05:51 PM |#1755  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi Everyone,

OOOPS NEVERMIND!!

Cheers, jeff
Last edited by onewayout; 27th July 2015 at 05:57 PM.
28th July 2015, 02:15 PM |#1756  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thumbs up
Hello,

AWESOME ROM!!! Thank you breen!!! I had ur last 10.1 for years too!!
I was wondering if I can get the light colored UI (?) For this Rom and if so, where would I choose it from??

Cheers, jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10.1-2014-Edition-KitKat.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	3421200  
The Following User Says Thank You to onewayout For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2015, 08:40 PM |#1757  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm loving the ROM, got it installed safely on my P600 and mostly everything seems great.

The main problem I had was using the Menu button as a Recents button. I figured out a solution here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...on-to-t3168392

The other, less important problems (both apparent glitches/bugs and ideas) are:
- (bug/glitch) Trying to set a lock screen wallpaper crashes the settings app
- (bug/glitch) Returning from the HyperDrive Config app to the settings app crashes the settings app
- (idea) There's no way to revert changes to the colour scheme in the HyperDrive Config software
- (idea) Provide an option during install to set the Menu button as the Recents button (a lot of people find more use for the button as Recents!)
- (bug/glitch) The Tablet options window shown when I press and hold the power button seems to show plain black placeholders instead of icons for Power off, Flight mode and Restart
- (bug/glitch) The Viper4Android FX top right menu button is missing, making it impossible to debug problems with ease. This one is a priority fix for me.
- (bug/glitch) A lot of applications that use system colours look wrong because of the system theme tweaks. Is there any way to change the system theme to stock for me?
- (idea) I'm not a fan of the black settings screen, it's a bit, well, dark. Same for the notifications background. How about a white option?

Other than that, this is brilliant! I'm going to keep this as my daily driver, I reckon, unless I find a really serious issue. But I would appreciate advice or anything regarding those.
Last edited by furzewolf; 30th July 2015 at 09:40 AM.
Yesterday, 04:45 PM |#1758  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzewolf

I'm loving the ROM, got it installed safely on my P600 and mostly everything seems great.

The main problem I had was using the Menu button as a Recents button. I figured out a solution here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...on-to-t3168392

The other, less important problems (both apparent glitches/bugs and ideas) are:
- (bug/glitch) Trying to set a lock screen wallpaper crashes the settings app
- (bug/glitch) Returning from the HyperDrive Config app to the settings app crashes the settings app
- (idea) There's no way to revert changes to the colour scheme in the HyperDrive Config software
- (idea) Provide an option during install to set the Menu button as the Recents button (a lot of people find more use for the button as Recents!)
- (bug/glitch) The Tablet options window shown when I press and hold the power button seems to show plain black placeholders instead of icons for Power off, Flight mode and Restart
- (bug/glitch) The Viper4Android FX top right menu button is missing, making it impossible to debug problems with ease. This one is a priority fix for me.
- (bug/glitch) A lot of applications that use system colours look wrong because of the system theme tweaks. Is there any way to change the system theme to stock for me?
- (idea) I'm not a fan of the black settings screen, it's a bit, well, dark. Same for the notifications background. How about a white option?

Other than that, this is brilliant! I'm going to keep this as my daily driver, I reckon, unless I find a really serious issue. But I would appreciate advice or anything regarding those.

Been using this rom for a very long time and there is absolutely no issues with this rom. Try reflashing it with full wipe including internal sd card. This rom runs smoothly and I haven't had any problems with it.

This rom is based on the idea of a dark rom so if you want white well the go elsewhere as there are plenty of roms to choose from.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread