Thanks Meter: 424

By RavenY2K3, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th July 2015, 06:15 PM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius666

Since I had to read the 33 pages to root my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 without tripping Knox, here's what I did to root it:

1.- Checked my current firmware: T320UEU1AOC1 with Kernel Version 3.4.0-4441590.
2.- Downloaded Odin, the Samsung USB Drivers.
3.- Powered off tablet, then pressed Home + Volume Down + Power, then Volume Up, and plugged in the USB cable after that.
4.- Loaded Odin, clicked on AP, loaded the TR Rootable Kernel from first post.
5.- Everything went smoothly, checked the tablet: same firmware and same Kernel version 3.4.0 but way older (from April 2014).
6.- Went to towelroot.com, downloaded APK, executed it, everything ok, rebooted tablet and it's rooted. Installed SuperSU, disabled Knox (and I have no issues whatsoever).
7.- Repeated steps 3 and 4 but using stormygal's AOC1 Kernel pack found in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=302
8.- Rebooted, still rooted with current firmware and current kernel version.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I read every post and I'm pretty sure every single one was useful.

Thanks for these very straightforward directions on applying root to this device without tripping knox. Loving this tablet just a little bit more now!

2nd August 2015, 05:08 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried it on my SM-T525 and it worked but my wifi doesn't work anymore even after data wipe. Plz help, have to waste my cellular. (Root also success)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)