FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 4.25.65x.14 | 4.20 Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 4.9

3,579 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,003

By OMJ, Recognized Contributor on 24th April 2014, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st July 2015, 09:41 AM |#2301  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
I have bought a used HTC M8 HK edition from ebay. But they mobile is already with lollipop flashed with NON HK firmware 4.25.651.14.

But when i try to flash the HK RUU (Sprint_HTC_One_M8_HK_4.25.654.14_RUU), its not allowing me to flash it.

The phone is S-ON.

Kindly help.

31st July 2015, 02:50 PM |#2302  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 13,434

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrafic

Hi,
I have bought a used HTC M8 HK edition from ebay. But they mobile is already with lollipop flashed with NON HK firmware 4.25.651.14.

But when i try to flash the HK RUU (Sprint_HTC_One_M8_HK_4.25.654.14_RUU), its not allowing me to flash it.

The phone is S-ON.

Kindly help.

What makes you say that it's an HK Edition?
1st August 2015, 03:51 AM |#2303  
Flag Lancaster Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:

Hi,

The phone is S-ON.

Kindly help.

Yeah it sounds like someone may have listed the phone wrong. What color is the phone? Gold or gunmetal? Believe that's the only options with Sprint. Gold and black back is hk and
Gunmetal is boomsound. Not sure if there was ever a gold boomsound model or vice versa that I'm aware of. Being s-on you can always go by the CID 001=boomsound 004=Hk.
Last edited by tuxattack80; 1st August 2015 at 03:54 AM.
2nd August 2015, 07:34 AM |#2304  

More
help
i do not know to do it. not my version of htc i if harman kardon or not. please help i am beginner
2nd August 2015, 12:36 PM |#2305  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 10,003

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi,

The phone is S-ON.

Kindly help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacarolando

i do not know to do it. not my version of htc i if harman kardon or not. please help i am beginner

-download this batch tool, Extract to folder & run Tasker_1.2.8.bat

*this is for m9, but most options will work for m8, the M9 specific cmds are listed in the option, just don't choose that option

-so what you want to choose is #12, fastboot getvar all, then take the output, erase the IMEI & serial #'s & post the output here, this will give us the info needed to help u

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=3
2nd August 2015, 05:03 PM |#2306  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

I always use fastboot to flash new recoveries...

fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

to flash any firmware/ruu that is meant for another device, you have to be superCID, being s-off is not enough

fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Thanks for the reply. I read that and then forgot and then went back to re-read and remembered it again. I've been having problems with fastboot and Windows 8.1 so I gave up and flashed via SD. I am gonna find a Win 7 machine and try again.
2nd August 2015, 06:40 PM |#2307  
Flag San Antonio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

I always use fastboot to flash new recoveries...

fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

to flash any firmware/ruu that is meant for another device, you have to be superCID, being s-off is not enough

fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Forgot to mention that I got the recovery updated through the TWRP app by installing them in steps. Older to newest. And I appreciate your help.

Now back to firmware if we could.

I got the CID changed to 11111111 and am now able to flash either firmware. I had already successfully flashed the non-HK firmware so I went ahead and flashed the HK firmware hoping that will fix my Wi-Fi not working after flashing the latest Bad Boyz ROM. Since I couldn't get my Wi-Fi working before I just restored the backup I created. Now what I don't get is why after flashing the HK firmware my phone seems to just stop on the HTC splash screen and won't load Android. I went back and flashed the non-HK firmware (which I was running previously) and it still hangs on that HTC splash screen. Any ideas?
2nd August 2015, 07:47 PM |#2308  
Flag San Antonio

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torankusu

Hi all,

So I'm coming from an HTC evo LTE, phone was solid for the past 3 years. I decided to upgrade and I got a HTC m8 H/K edition.
Phone came with v2.16.654.4. I already rooted it and unlocked bootloader. Info:
***UNLOCKED***
M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-off
CID-SPCS_0004
HBOOT-3.18.0.0000
Radio-1.08.20.0612_4
0S-2.16.654.4
So what do I do to accomplish the following:
1. Update to the latest everything for sprint, without loosing s-off, unlocked bootloader and ROM that comes rooted. (is there any issues or features with newer hboot?)
I'll appreciate if someone can point me to the right set of steps or ZIPs to flash from the 1st post of this thread.
Regards.

UPDATE:
I went to OMJ's bad boyz rom Thread.
Flashed latest firmware fastboot zip (no boot & recovery option) Twice. The 4.25.654.14 firmware one.
Flashed latest Bad boyz sprint htc one m8 sense 7-v1.0.
Everything looks good besides no WiFi feature. I'm using a H/K edition phone. ***started having ramdom reboots then bootloop after 5-6 hours.*****

Update2
Wiped and flashed bad boyz sense 6 v3.4, still same Wi-Fi issue not starting up. will try a different rom and report back.

Should I run the RUU? if so what would i be loosing besides root.

Update3:
wiped and flashed stock rooted 4.20.654.15 and still no wifi, something got messed up going from 2.xx roms to 4.2x.xxx
ran Ruu and wifi works now.

Update4
RUU fixed it. you'll lose recovery and root but not unlocked-s-off bootloader.
Flashed latest twrp for htc m8 through adb - fastboot commands. (used minimal adb install)
Twrp asked if I wanted to install SU which I did.
Now that I have recovery I'll try flashing "bad boyz sense7" rom from OMJ and company.
Will report back.

I seem to be having the same wifi problems after trying to install the latest firmware and ROM. Did you have success going to the latest Bad Boyz ROM after you did the RUU? And which RUU did you use? The one from this thread?
Yesterday, 04:06 AM |#2309  

More
Help
but if not , if I have the harman kardon version or normal

I can flash from the recovery ?
Yesterday, 07:16 AM |#2310  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

What makes you say that it's an HK Edition?

Mine is a amber gold front with Black back. On the back it written as Harmon Kardon edition .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread