FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WM Kitchen] OsKitchen Zero v1.33.5: The Easiest & Most Complete Kitchen (20/10/2010)

1,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By airxtreme, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th March 2015, 11:50 PM |#3601  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How does this kitchen set file attributes in "Temp\ROM Generation\PlatformRebuilder\temp\dump" folder? I've always get wrong result. Often H and S are set where they are not.

4th August 2015, 11:43 AM |#3602  
Flag Tychy
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Will it work for HTC Universal?
19th March 2016, 07:37 PM |#3603  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello.
I'm sing OS-Kitchen-Zero to build a new ROM for my Toshiba device.
When the kitchen starts it asks me to import an "Official Firmware Update" relative to my device. BUT...
I can't download the Official Update because it has been removed from Internet...

SO
Can I dump the ROM installed in my device an use it instead???

Or could I use an Official Update for a different device?

Thank you to all the users in advice
Last edited by Mich-C; 22nd March 2016 at 07:11 PM.
21st March 2016, 01:47 PM |#3604  
Flag Edwards AFB, CA
Thanks Meter: 129

More
It would help to know what device you are using to give proper instruction. This kitchen is quite old and was used with the old Windows Mobile (what window phone os was called before). The last update to it was 5.5 years ago.

Again what device do you have meaning what model of Toshiba

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Labs
22nd March 2016, 07:10 PM |#3605  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestivalisakito

It would help to know what device you are using to give proper instruction. This kitchen is quite old and was used with the old Windows Mobile (what window phone os was called before). The last update to it was 5.5 years ago.

Again what device do you have meaning what model of Toshiba

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Labs

Hello aestivalisakito thanks for your interest
Yes, the phone is a Toshiba Portege G910 with WinMo 6.0 Professional.
There is no kitchen that officially support it, but Os-Kitchen support the Toshiba G900 that is almost identical.

As I said
When the kitchen starts it asks me to import an "Official Firmware Update" relative to my device. BUT...
I can't download the Official Update because it has been removed from Internet...

SO:
---Should I dump the ROM installed in my device an use it instead???
---Or could I use an Official Update for a different device? (I think no... anyway My G910 is similar to the Htc TouchPro2 and the XperiaX1...)

I already have WinMo build-files that work with WVGA devices like mine
12th April 2016, 11:10 AM |#3606  

More
hello,
i have a question on osKitchen, i hope i post in the right place.
in january this year i had to use osKitchen to modify my HTC Rhodium ROM (i needed SHA2 to continue using Outlook.com)
it worked perfectly and i managed to modify my ROM.
now, because of some issues i need to do it again, but it doesn't work anymore.
i have the issue "the XIDump tool doesn't seem to work properly..." so i tryed to download "Visual Studio 2003 (7.1) Runtime Libraries" on XDA Dev but the link is dead, i tried searching on internet but i only found dead links.
i don't know why it worked on january and not now (maybe one W10 update) but i'd like to find "Visual Studio 2003 (7.1) Runtime Libraries" to be able tu use osKitchen again.
does someone know where i can download it? or does someone have a solution to be able to modify and build my ROM again?

thank you for your answers if possible.
12th April 2016, 11:45 PM |#3607  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
This is what I found in my archive.

seems like i packed a useful file it into the kitchen zip... maybe it's the right thing for ya.

[edit]further research revealed this msvcr file
Last edited by Cheque; 12th April 2016 at 11:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheque For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cheque Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 07:11 AM |#3608  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheque

This is what I found in my archive.

seems like i packed a useful file it into the kitchen zip... maybe it's the right thing for ya.

[edit]further research revealed this msvcr file

one thousand thanks to you,
it's working perfectly now, i'll keep this preciously
i'll be able to try cooking my ROM again, you made me happy
many thanks again
15th April 2016, 12:21 PM |#3609  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich-C

SO
Can I dump the ROM installed in my device an use it instead???

Or could I use an Official Update for a different device?

Thank you to all the users in advice

u can use ROM from a similar device (screen resolution would be important, hardware etc) as a start, but may have to adjust of course.
example: htc photon and htc aria share nearly the same hardware and could be used...
20th April 2016, 08:48 PM |#3610  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheque

u can use ROM from a similar device (screen resolution would be important, hardware etc) as a start, but may have to adjust of course.
example: htc photon and htc aria share nearly the same hardware and could be used...

Hello Cheque! Thank you a lot for your interest!

I am making a WinMo Rom for a WinMo device (Toshiba portege G910), so why do you advice me the HTC aria ? (it's an android smartphone!)

So... when OS-Kitchen starts, it asks to me to inport an Official-Update-File, I don't have it... but I have the stock rom of the HTC Touch pro 2 (very similar) .
Will it work or could I brick my device?

(the resolution is the same, CPU and ram are similar, both have qwerty keyboard but different layouts...)
21st April 2016, 05:33 PM |#3611  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich-C

I am making a WinMo Rom for a WinMo device (Toshiba portege G910), so why do you advice me the HTC aria ? (it's an android smartphone!)

So... when OS-Kitchen starts, it asks to me to inport an Official-Update-File, I don't have it... but I have the stock rom of the HTC Touch pro 2 (very similar) .
Will it work or could I brick my device?

(the resolution is the same, CPU and ram are similar, both have qwerty keyboard but different layouts...)

The aria/photon comparison was intended to be an example of interchangeable packages because of similar hardware.

You can try to contact toshiba's support to send you the rom file...

Uploading a false rom to your phone will either not work in the first place or may brick your phone.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)