[ROM]【4.4.4】Google Play Edition【JFLTE-GPE】 - Oct 5th, 2018

Search This thread

Numerics

Dec 31, 2011
Jersey City
I have an odd issue where the Time disappears when I go to the main screen. Whenever I bring up the system settings to enable it again, it shows up, but as soon as I go back to my home screen, it disappears. Is there any way to fix this? Nvm, I'm retarded. Nova Launcher was hiding it.

I am having an issue where the lock screen camera shortcut doesn't do anything, is there any way to program it to go to the camera properly? Same with the phone icon.

Last edited:

chmcke01

Nov 1, 2011
I have an odd issue where the Time disappears when I go to the main screen. Whenever I bring up the system settings to enable it again, it shows up, but as soon as I go back to my home screen, it disappears. Is there any way to fix this? Nvm, I'm retarded. Nova Launcher was hiding it.

I am having an issue where the lock screen camera shortcut doesn't do anything, is there any way to program it to go to the camera properly? Same with the phone icon.
It is working for me, you have to actually touch the camera and swipe straight left or touch the phone and swipe straight right though for it to work. If that still doesn't work for you I would suggest a re-flash of the latest version. If that doesn't work then I would recommend a wipe and reflash.

Reactions: Numerics

Numerics

Dec 31, 2011
Jersey City
I was trying to swipe upward, and not left or right, so what you had suggested worked perfectly, thank you!

The other issue I am having is that I can't seem to receive images via SMS. They just get stuck at this point here. Beyond that they don't seem to be loading any further.

I keep finding the damned resolution to my issue, and I feel bad for making these posts, but if anyone runs into this issue in the future, the way to resolve this is to go into your system settings, click "More" listed under Data Usage, Go to Cellular Networks, then click Access Point Names, and delete everything there EXCEPT "ATT LTE", and "ATT Phone", and it should work after that.

Last edited:

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
Guys, do someone know when is 5.1.1 or 5.1 comming to this amazing ROM??? Can't wait!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDD I heard that the 5.1 was already comming to Google Edition of Gs4, that's us guys!!!! XDDDDDDD

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
That's crazy man, I've never had a GPS related issue, and I dirty flash every time, maybe wipe and reflash or something? Because I don't think it's the Rom. I hate problems only one or two people have because no one looks for a fix you gotta figure it out yourself most of the time

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
Guys someone else having issues with Netflix app? Mine reproduces the video normally but some times the image freezes even the sound is playing back, so I have to press back, and then reproduce the vide again, but the bug persists, so when phone is rebooted everything goes to normal...this was not happening in stock ROM before I changed it to this amazing ROM...thanks

Reactions: Hamiltonite

xXshur1kenXx

Jun 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Before I attempt to flash this, I just want to make sure I've read and understood everything correctly. This should work on the GS4 ATT on OC3 as long as I flash loki correct? (I have backups, but I have a TON of zooper widgets that I'd rather not reset if this doesn't flash :p )

ksmkk3

Oct 27, 2012
I don't think it's the ROM either... I wiped and clean installed 4.4.4 (lollipop was really slowing down my phone). My phone is a heck of a lot snappier but still no GPS!

I suppose it could be a hardware issue but I wouldn't think there would be two of us with the same hardware problem at the same time.

Does anyone know where the GPS data is stored? I hate wiping internal but that may be what's needed.

r00t_user

Sep 3, 2012
Calgary
Anyone having trouble with the camera/HDR? Those are my favorite functions on this phone and I read it was because of CM Issues so I don't know what to do.

reasonz20

Nov 10, 2013
Kingston
I don't think it's the ROM either... I wiped and clean installed 4.4.4 (lollipop was really slowing down my phone). My phone is a heck of a lot snappier but still no GPS!

I suppose it could be a hardware issue but I wouldn't think there would be two of us with the same hardware problem at the same time.

Does anyone know where the GPS data is stored? I hate wiping internal but that may be what's needed.

Does this rom work on i337m?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JFLTE-GPE 4.4.4

3g9XUOu.jpg

Q: What is Google Play Edition?

A: GPE is stock Android compiled by Samsung, it offers the stability of touchwiz with the aesthetics of pure stock AOSP. All drivers for Camera (Including HDR), Bluetooth, GPS, are official proprietary so there will be no issues.

Q: Why 4.4.4 kitkat?
    A: This basically sums it up, 4.4.4 is regarded as one of the best releases ever, meanwhile 5.x is regarded as the worst.

Features

Stock kernel
    OTA updates from Google disabled
    External SD permissions for app's added
    Worldwide APNs
    Nova launcher
    Long press recents
    USB debugging notification disabled
    Nexus UI sounds
    Advanced reboot menu
    App ops
    Updated Google Apps

Installation instructions

Make sure you are using the latest modem and recovery for your variant, TWRP preferred
    1) Full wipe
    2) Flash ROM
    3) Flash SuperSU (Optional)
    4) Reboot

Download

10/05/2018 build - Download here
    md5: a801013bc5c8b22153934bf6edc24ea2

Code:
    Changelog

[B]10/05/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated all Play Store apps

[B]01/28/2018[/B]
    -Fixed all camera related issues (Panorama mode etc)
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Removed Google Search from /system/priv-app

[B]01/17/2018[/B]
    -Updated Google dialer

[B]01/16/2018[/B]
    -Added tethering line to build.prop

[B]01/13/2018[/B]
    -Started with clean build of the official 4.4.4 GPE factory image
    -Implemented many fixes including ext storage permissions, world wide APNs, etc.
    -Added native advanced reboot menu
    -Enabled app ops
    -Updated all Google Apps to 2018 versions
    -OTA updates from Google are disabled for good
    Credits

amarullz - AROMA installer
    JustArchi - Kitchen for System.img dump
    dvtonder - cLock
    CyanogenMod - Opensource cherry picks
    googy_anas - Kernel
    XDA moderators
    MJHawaii - Always providing solid i9505-g odins
    Jimbju - Menu/back wake annoyance fix on 4.4.4
    Romhut - Providing excellent hosting
    Github
    @ everyone

As many of you know Android 4.4.3 is just around the corner, test builds have been spotted on just about every device and many sources
    say this month will be the release, I just wanted to give my userbase the piece of mind that I will system dump 4.4.3 and have a ROM out
    within 24 hours of it's release containing every feature/improvement that I currently have in my current 4.4.2 ROM, I have spreadsheets
    prepared with all my needed changes with notes to make the implementation that much easier, my goal is to ship only 2 releases of 4.4.3
    when it launches, the first one will contain proper autobrightness, reboot menu, home button lag fix, SD write permissions and absolute minimal
    bloat to allow user customization, my 2nd release will go live once I'm done themeing that horrible new dialer I saw pictures of.
    many of you may have noticed I redid 4.3 not to long ago for a couple reasons, 1) 4.3 is preferred to some ppl and 2) practice, I want all the development
    fresh in my mind for the real ROM, which will be 4.4.3

I would also like to take this time to thank all my donators, you guys are extremely awesome and are helping me through some pretty tough times
    you guys are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear feedback once 4.4.3 ships and I get it out to you guys, there is no doubt in mind that my ROM gets better on screen time then any GPE ROM using
    stock Samsung dyanmic autobrightness, the AOSP values just destroy them in every way shape and form.

cheers and have a great night everyone, and remember my personal goal is to keep as many of you S4 users from upgrading as I can, I want everyone to not feel the need to update this device for another year, this will ultimately save you some cash too ;) I WILL not ditch this userbase for another device, I have every intention in keeping my S4.

Dan
    Reserved

reserved
    HOW DARE YOU DO AN UPDATE DAN! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY PHONE BETTER!!!

12/10/2013
    -FULL WIPE! This is a big one
    -4.4.2 Camera (Focus is much better)
    -4.4.2 Gallery (this had a few updates with the effects in image editor)
    -Nova Launcher kit kat stable (released today, only 3mb)
    -Removed Google Experience Launcher (15 mb)
    -Improvements to the MMS theme (List font is now white, date/time now white, new images)
    -Added full init.d support (busybox runparts)
    -Removed HP Print plug in (useless bloat)
    -Added xuiMod module (Animation editor, list view, battery bar + more)

*tip toes away*