Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 54,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help !!!! HD2 changed wmm password?

Tip us?

cookiesowns
Old
(Last edited by cookiesowns; 18th April 2010 at 12:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need help !!!! HD2 changed wmm password?

Need help !!!! HD2 changed wmm password?

I have microsoft my phone enabled and everything, but.... as it is my wi-fi and cell radios are disabled....

Before i went to take a shower, i soft resetted my phone using BsB Tweaks, and when i got back from the shower i tried typing in my password... said it was incorrect, and i flipped. but before that i let someone use my phone for like couple seconds, told him my password to the wmm screen, nothing more.. It was working fine with my old password for about the rest of the day.. after letting my friend use it

And now it just seems like it changed the pass itsself, I know how absurd this may sound, but I'm speaking the truth. I just have customized the phone soo far, that i Really do not want to hard reset.

Can the t-mobile employees help reset the password? or Am i just left with that choice.

EDIT: I think i might just go to the t-mobile store and exchange my phone.. 3G was slow anyways, the speaker sounded broken, and the hardware keys are very loose.
EDIT: I can't even type in my password anymore, when i type in the pass, and click unlock nothing happens/

robrob777
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Default me too

I happened to me too, i did a hard reset. the last thing I remember is to install a cab for sms without manilla. i rebooted and i was able to enter my pass but the ui was the normal windows ui to enter the password, the i reseted the phone again and the normal manila password came but i couldn't enter the password, after several times entering the unlock button didnt even do anything.

Now if i install something big in the phone.. i disable the password , reboot then enable the password.
T-Mobile HD2

d0ug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This seems to be a bug in the tmobile stock rom, maybe others? It's happened to me before too using the stock tmobile rom. Theres a thread about this over on forums.t-mobile.com as well

The last thing I installed before it happened to me was the flash fix installer to enable flash in Opera.

cookiesowns
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone have a FIX for this?

I just got two new texts, and well I CANT READ IT? and it seems like my radio is active now... hmm?

geronemo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Do any of the experts know what is wrong with HD2 winmo password.

i have the stock ROM that comes with HD2 tmobile USA and i hadnt even installed anything.

I was just checking a few tele no. on the phone and left is went into standby and when i opened it, its stuck on enter password and the pass i set just aint working??

i am screwed, had over 30 small softwares which took me quiet sometime putting in.

CAN I GET MY HD2 TO WORK SOMEHOW, is there a fix???

please help me out, i seriously do not want to do a hard reset.

thank you.

PTN1945
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Use a hard reset. Hold you volumn buttom up and down together then press power buttom the same time. It will reset to the original manufacture.

geronemo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
This really sucks, isnt there any way around it, i mean is HTC screwing with us or what??

donkeypunch85
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo View Post
This really sucks, isnt there any way around it, i mean is HTC screwing with us or what??
Its a pretty common bug. No fix, just dont use a password. You can download apps from the Market for protecting your phone with a password. I guess it has something to do with the Microsoft registry, last I read anyway.

If you backed up your phone on your PC then its no biggie. Hard reset, re synce your phone. If you didnt, well... let this be a lesson. I learned the hard way. Always backup your phone.

geronemo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeypunch85 View Post
Its a pretty common bug. No fix, just dont use a password. You can download apps from the Market for protecting your phone with a password. I guess it has something to do with the Microsoft registry, last I read anyway.

If you backed up your phone on your PC then its no biggie. Hard reset, re synce your phone. If you didnt, well... let this be a lesson. I learned the hard way. Always backup your phone.

I already had my contacts backed up, but had over 50 programs installed, and it will be a big pain installing all of them all over again.

jimbonics
Old
Thanks Meter 17
As an owner of 20 HD2's (corp. account), I can tell you this has happened to 4 of our phones. It was almost a deal breaker. I can also tell you that TMO/HTC have aknowleged the issue and are working on a fix for it. (This comes from upper ups at TMO)

We HAVE to have Lock PIN's enabled, as we are a law firm and such.

For the record, it has nothing to do with anything you've installed, BsB or otherwise. All of our phones, except mine, are running stock ROMs (2.13) and Radio. No one here has the want or desire for 'frilly' things like CHT or BsB. The 4 phones that have "lost" or "forgotten" the PIN code were all stock.

Our interim solution, is to have everyone use MS MyPhone for backup purposes. Note that this does NOT back up anything on your SD card. Pull the SD card out before you wipe it, and you will not lose anything there. Can't speak for apps installed there, as I'm sure there are needed reg entries on the phone that will need to be recreated. That's a guess tho.

Short answer, if it's forgotten your PIN, you're screwed as far as avoiding a wipe.