[Q&A][Discussion]Xdabbeb's Camera Mod

Search This thread

z3pp3lin

That doesn't say that the latest 5.x branch is the same though, only to use it for KK ART.

So the dev doesn't put out a changelog for a few versions that only a select few of us will use. The latest 5.x's only came out after it was discovered that 6.x didn't work with KK ART.

Sent from my XDABBEB VS982.5 v1.2.0 with ART using XDA Free mobile app

60nine

So the dev doesn't put out a changelog for a few versions that only a select few of us will use. The latest 5.x's only came out after it was discovered that 6.x didn't work with KK ART.

it's all in the 1st post in the main thread... under changelog

Version 6.2.4:

fix DualCam FC on KK
fix DNG conv for GPro2/LGL22
fix GPro2 LED FC
fix G2 LP AutoFlash FC
add Rule of 3rds grid toggle
add Max Screen Lux toggle
add Touch Shutter toggle (like tap-to-focus/shoot in stock G3 camera)
low batt check off
G3 front camera Beauty
NR on/off for more modes (device-dependent)
Auto HDR/Night in IA shot mode for G3 series

Version 6.0.0:

Official LG Android L compatibility
UI refresh and new icons (thanks @60nine !!!)
Gesture selfie for front camera

Version 5.2.4:

revert :: bump 60fps min rate higher in low-light (caused problems in certain luminance conditions)
fix UHD mode missing from stock g2 + 4kUHD version

Version 5.2.3:

NEW:: w10m video snapshot in 1080p/720p 30fps modes (advanced driver only)
NEW:: manual focus in HDR, Burst, Panorama, Shot/Clear modes
NEW:: bump 60fps min rate higher in low-light
removed unused code/permissions (fix vs98511c & L crashes)
fix HDR edge glitch for G3

Version 5.1.2:

BugFix: FC in Shot and Clear photo mode
Slightly improved quality in a few shot modes

Version 5.1.1:

BugFix: FC when selecting Help in Photo mode
Bypass Video mode popup for Sprint users

Version 5.1.0:

Support for XCam LG Settings donation app (available in Play Store)
Control Jpeg Compression Level (Quality), Contrast, Saturation (stock G2 camera driver only) and Sharpness.
Control minimum shutter speed for Burst Shot, Intelligent Auto, Night, Normal and Sports photo modes.
Control other camera features such as the audio noise Gate, automatic night mode, focus Lock/video recording sounds, etc.
Redesigned icon
Sports mode now set at min 1/30 shutter speed

Version 5.0.0:

Initial release of completely new app
NEW Lightframe/flash mode for front camera
NEW Sports mode revamped
Set at min 1/24 shutter speed
For now, if you don't open the camera in Sports mode, you will need to toggle between IA mode and back to Sports to enable this faster shutter (you can also toggle between video and back)
Normal mode now bypasses the automatic switch to night mode in low light (and the corresponding multi-frame smoothed/nr photo).
Improved image quality across the board

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
it's all in the 1st post in the main thread... under changelog

Again, that doesn't even imply that a 5.x version has the same features as a 6.x version.

Normally when a legacy base is updated, it bug fixes not new features.

That may be detailed in the thousands of posts in the thread but it certainly is not in the first few posts.

That's why I asked. The changes are not dated, so it not clear what happened when and the more recent 5.x versions aren't even mentioned.

Since I don't use art, I'll just have to try the 6,x branch and see, as no one has pointed to anything from the dev that suggest that the current 6.x and 5.x releases have the same feature set (other than ART differences).

ChrisVN

Sep 10, 2015
Orientation upside down

Device: LGL22 (G2 au variant)
ROM: rooted stock LGL22 20D
Build number: KOT94I.LGL2220d
Baseband M8794A
---
Problem: Camera has purple tint and inverted(upside-down orientation)

Here is how I replicate the problem:
1/ From rooted stock rom, flashing camera driver/ binaries (v1.0.0)
2/ Installing XCAM advanced for KK

Here is what I do:
As I read, Cloudyfa rom using your camera driver/binaries, I tried flashing to Cloudyfa G2 v2.2. This time,I only installed XCAM, everything works fine.
So I made a copy of camera driver/binaries.
I replicate the problem and then, this time, I copy libmmcamera2-sensor-modules.so from Cloudyfa rom.(after spending a long time doing diagnostic for each file of the binaries, I figured out this)

Here is the result:
1/ Camera colors turn back to normal.
2/ Camera orientation is still inverted(upside down)

I still haven't figure out which causes the orientation upside down.
I hope someone can figure it out or you can fix this.
Full log file:
w ww.filedropper.com/2015-09-10-15-41-25

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
you clearly didn't understand my point...

the "best" settings you want would only work if we all shoot the same scene, with the same lighting etc...

the best you can do is to test yourself in various conditions and times of day ("golden hour", night, high noon etc)...

the good picture is not judged by image quality but the moment it captures... and you can't correct the moment in image editing software...
everything else you can tune afterwards - but not the moment...

edit:
which actually gave me an idea - @xdabbeb would it be possible to add an option to save several custom presets in xcam settings in some future xcam settings release?
something that could easily be accessed via quick button/switch on homescreen (1x1 widget?)
Good idea. Or the existing buttons(shortcuts) could be changed via xcam settings(like we add and remove existing buttons)

Poslano sa mog LG-D855 koristeći Tapatalk

rajkatiyar07

how to verify ?

I just flashed G2 Lollipop advanced drivers and then installed xcam settings and apk from given link in the thread . Is there any way to verify that i am using advanced drivers ? I cant see anything extra just as before or did i miss something. I repeat i am on stock lollipop rooted and using advanced binaries & drivers .

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
I just flashed G2 Lollipop advanced drivers and then installed xcam settings and apk from given link in the thread . Is there any way to verify that i am using advanced drivers ? I cant see anything extra just as before or did i miss something. I repeat i am on stock lollipop rooted and using advanced binaries & drivers .
You cannot directly see that you have the advanced driver, but if you flashed it, and have xcam camera for advanced driver then you can benefit with a bit faster autofocus, better video recording framerate (no more choppy videos in low light), also more light in low light videos, and a bit clearer images, also, 120fps video should not be as dark as before (note that it has to be darker because of faster shutter speed), and you should have 4k video recording.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

rajkatiyar07

Thanks

You cannot directly see that you have the advanced driver, but if you flashed it, and have xcam camera for advanced driver then you can benefit with a bit faster autofocus, better video recording framerate (no more choppy videos in low light), also more light in low light videos, and a bit clearer images, also, 120fps video should not be as dark as before (note that it has to be darker because of faster shutter speed), and you should have 4k video recording.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks but i cant find 4k option , Is it work only for kitkat users ? and one more thing by saying 120 fps do you mean slow motion ?

rajkatiyar07

OOps !

can you find UHD option?

Oops ! i should have understood on first place :D thanks for that ;) one more thing please , if i recorded a video at 120 fps then how to see it as a slow motion ? I mean video editor ? Player ? and what settings should i use in XCAM setting app for video recording and shooting the images :) you look like a pro and hope you will help me :eek:

zdravo

Jun 19, 2010
Well, i don't know if it's a bug or just a setting problem but from i flashed advanced drivers and then installed xcam, my photo are not very.... beautiful/well : I find that the image is too exposed, especially the sky and colors are too saturated (mainly "green" like tree or herbs like a bad vibrance effect). I also find that there is as a "fog" over the image... :/

when I decreases exposure, the sky is always very "bright" but the rest of the image becomes dark ...

rajkatiyar07

Development continue ?

I am proud owner of G2 and using this mod since first day , all my concern is about development . I know developers doing a lot never the less but since the time G2 got lollipop test it still dont RAW capabilities . Is Xdabbeb is working on this or we have to depend on other sources to capture raw?

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Well, i don't know if it's a bug or just a setting problem but from i flashed advanced drivers and then installed xcam, my photo are not very.... beautiful/well : I find that the image is too exposed, especially the sky and colors are too saturated (mainly "green" like tree or herbs like a bad vibrance effect). I also find that there is as a "fog" over the image... :/

when I decreases exposure, the sky is always very "bright" but the rest of the image becomes dark ...

Would you mention the device and android version you are using ? I am using G2 and never got such kind of faults . Try intelligent auto , put saturation 5 ,sharpness 14 or 16 depend on your test and quality to 100 , Check the noise reduction box and you are good to go .

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
You got to have it, if you have xcam app installed (i mean camera app, not xcam lg settings) and on the top of resolution settings it has to be UHD 3210x2040 or something like that, and by meaning of 120fps, yes it is a slow motion, well kind of, you record the 120fps video, which you have to manually slow down to 60fps to get slow motion, unfortunately you cannot edit it directly like for ex. on iphone 5s+, but if my memory serves me well, in xcam lg thread, under first 4-5 posts, there should be a link for moded lg gallery that supports that or something like that. And about kitkat vs lollipop - both support both, uhd (4k) and 120 fps video.

pirikitto

Feb 21, 2014
Wrong video time

Hi xdabbeb,

There is a "problem" (??) with the video time
I'm uploading all my photo and video to Google Photo but video recorded with xcam have all a wrong time, have all 2 hours of scrap because of the time zone
Photo instead are ok
I make a screenshot of exif data

Video Exif
28cki9t.png

Photo Exif
2cxtemo.png

It's a bug? Any solution?

Cheers and thank you!

Last edited:

AssassinGEO

Sep 12, 2013
Tbilisi
You got to have it, if you have xcam app installed (i mean camera app, not xcam lg settings) and on the top of resolution settings it has to be UHD 3210x2040 or something like that, and by meaning of 120fps, yes it is a slow motion, well kind of, you record the 120fps video, which you have to manually slow down to 60fps to get slow motion, unfortunately you cannot edit it directly like for ex. on iphone 5s+, but if my memory serves me well, in xcam lg thread, under first 4-5 posts, there should be a link for moded lg gallery that supports that or something like that. And about kitkat vs lollipop - both support both, uhd (4k) and 120 fps video.

Hey, I see you are with LG G2 too now! Remember me? :)

Lg g pro user.

Most Common Questions

Can I flash this on CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
No

Will this be ported over to CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
Who knows, it would take a lot of work and not all libs would be able to be ported to there roms.

Is this compatible with x/y/z rom?
As long as the rom is based on LG stock rom for the g2 it should work. The rom may work on G Pro/G Flex based roms but it isn't guaranteed.

Does this include x/y/z feature from G pro 2?
Yes it is a full g pro 2 port.

How do I enable chroma flash?
It is always enabled.

How do I enable ois+?
It is always enabled even on camera functions with the option greyed out.

I don't have custom recovery but want to use this mod?
Well get custom recovery, if you cannot because of personal reasons then bender007 has created apk installers that only need root.

How do I watch a video in slow motion?
As long as you have the video mod installed after recording the video when you play it touch the menu button and select playback speed then slow it down.

How can I save my video in slow motion?
You would need to do so with a video editing app that allows you slow down the video and save it either on android or on the pc.

It works on my e988 , dam beautiful interface. Nice work mate ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Discussion
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Click link here>> Xdabbeb's Camera Mod <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank an OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Reserved

Most Common Questions

Can I flash this on CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    No

Will this be ported over to CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    Who knows, it would take a lot of work and not all libs would be able to be ported to there roms.

Is this compatible with x/y/z rom?
    As long as the rom is based on LG stock rom for the g2 it should work. The rom may work on G Pro/G Flex based roms but it isn't guaranteed.

Does this include x/y/z feature from G pro 2?
    Yes it is a full g pro 2 port.

How do I enable chroma flash?
    It is always enabled.

How do I enable ois+?
    It is always enabled even on camera functions with the option greyed out.

I don't have custom recovery but want to use this mod?
    Well get custom recovery, if you cannot because of personal reasons then bender007 has created apk installers that only need root.

How do I watch a video in slow motion?
    As long as you have the video mod installed after recording the video when you play it touch the menu button and select playback speed then slow it down.

How can I save my video in slow motion?
    You would need to do so with a video editing app that allows you slow down the video and save it either on android or on the pc.

Am on XDABBEB's VS982.5 v1.0.0; do I just download "XCam LG - for G2 using the advanced driver" and install or do I need one of the other versions?
    You can install the advanced version, but due to the fact that my fw is using a G3 camera driver, VR Pano won't work. You'd also need to include the appropriate voice shutter library if you use that feature. If you don't want to bother with that or don't know how, just wait until I post a new version in the VS982.5 thread.
    I know the G2 has better hardware but may be posible a version 1'5k or 90fps or something like that?
    Though the hardware is capable, none of the current drivers support 90fps.
    loving when people say that the dev MUST fix something... politeness - level 0...
    This has 4k. If you don't see the option, it's because:

a) you installed the wrong version
    or
    b) your firmware doesn't support it and would need to be modified