Thanks Meter: 2

By 0_oanitsirhc, Junior Member on 23rd January 2014, 03:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th July 2015, 04:54 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87

Good luck changing the IMEI on a Note 3, Note 4, S5, S6 S6 edge, Note Edge or any phone on kit kat/lollipop for that matter with QPST. We arent on Ice Cream Sandwich anymore. They closed loopholes that made it possible for even trained monkeys to change the IMEI.

Really? Note 3, S6, and S6 Edge as well. But not on 5.1.1, but 5.0 is doable and KK is no problem. Any shop getting raided is for trafficking in stolen goods, not specifically for changing IMEIs. There is risk, but it isn't for IMEI alteration specifically. But at least thanks for conceding the point that it isn't illegal to alter IMEIs. I guess I wasn't so wrong after all, eh?

For those reading, find a low cost remote service on ebay. One of them might be me. That's all I'll say.

17th July 2015, 05:06 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 797

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytj87

Really? Note 3, S6, and S6 Edge as well. But not on 5.1.1, but 5.0 is doable and KK is no problem. Any shop getting raided is for trafficking in stolen goods, not specifically for changing IMEIs. There is risk, but it isn't for IMEI alteration specifically. But at least thanks for conceding the point that it isn't illegal to alter IMEIs. I guess I wasn't so wrong after all, eh?

For those reading, find a low cost remote service on ebay. One of them might be me. That's all I'll say.

Quite a persistent troll we have here.

For anyone who is getting trolled by this guy and tries to use QPST, its not possible. A) youre not going to get past the MSLSECUR mechanism. B) youre not going to be able to get past the AKSEEDNO mechanism. C) youre not going to be able to write the corresponding RSA certificate that goes along with the IMEI. D) most importantly you wont be able to reset the security to its default state to bypass.

And take the time to read my links instead of ignoring them like the troll. Youll see that im obviously right and the troll is just...trolling.

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app
17th July 2015, 05:15 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87

Quite a persistent troll we have here.

For anyone who is getting trolled by this guy and tries to use QPST, its not possible.

You're mixing cases, ecs. QPST is specific and you know that. The thread originally dealt with IMEI legality. I'm not getting into specific operations because there is income to be protected. That's why it's very hard to learn and do this stuff yourself. No one, including me, wants to reveal bread and butter techniques.

edit: Sorry for those reading, I didn't mean to imply this was easy to learn. It's possible, but not easy. I was lost when first doing this a few years ago, failing with QPST after weeks of research. Finally I paid a guy and went from there. And really, since everyone is protecting methods in order to earn money, it's not likely to learn anyway. An ebay service is so easy and low cost now. But bottom line, it is legal to alter the IMEI.
Last edited by ytj87; 17th July 2015 at 07:47 PM.
4th August 2015, 10:07 AM |#154  
Flag San Diego,CA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can anyone help me here? I got screwed on a Note 3 (T-Mo) and looking for some help or guidence to get my imei straight. I've got a good imei from my Galaxy S2 that I don't use if that helps... Also I had to repair an old HTC One imei so I'm capable of doing it myself if someone can just drop me some direction!
Please help me XDA, you're my only hope.....
8th August 2015, 12:30 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Not here to say that deceit doesn't happen on Craigslist. However, I have always bought my phones off of Craigslist. Not everyone on Craigslist is trying to sell you a stolen phone. Maybe I may be so fortunate that for over the last 14 years, I have never been robbed, bought a stolen item, mugged, or sold bricks. And can say I have at least bought a good 15 smartphones over the years for myself, wife and coworkers. I usually ask alot of questions, haggle prices, and take a few days before deciding to meet at a public place.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)