FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Weak wifi reception

1,391 posts
Thanks Meter: 302

By iamtha1, Senior Member on 17th April 2014, 12:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone else having issues with a weak wifi reception..... for some reason over the last weak or so my wifi reception has reduced by at least 20% have no idea why.... have done factory reset with no avail

Sent from my LG-D950 using xda app-developers app

29th July 2015, 08:06 PM |#2  
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Same here
D950

Any solution?
2nd August 2015, 07:04 PM |#3  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphaibk

D950

Any solution?

Yup, me too. For prolly 3 weeks now. Tried FR, Nandroid back up, and now preparing to attempt a Gomdolite firmware flash....yikes!
2nd August 2015, 07:34 PM |#4  
Flag Gent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtfAndroiD007

Yup, me too. For prolly 3 weeks now. Tried FR, Nandroid back up, and now preparing to attempt a Gomdolite firmware flash....yikes!

I checked and Gomdolight is for Korean version (f340 I think), are you sure you can?
(in the thread of Gomdolight, 1 guy was successfully installed, but he said nothing different, hhope he did not mean about wifi)

Could you report your try here?
Thanks in advance
2nd August 2015, 10:48 PM |#5  
Flag Oklahoma City

More
Yes, I did as well and came to the same conclusion as the Dev did regarding the post stating no real changes noticeable. I plan to pm that member later on to see if he has any more feedback/advice before I commit. From what I gather the more modded features involve Korean based apps and such so for a D950 user not to notice is not surprise. I should know more tomorrow evening weather or not it is effective or not. Would do it sooner but I need to stay connected today so..... I'll keep you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to WtfAndroiD007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2015, 07:01 PM |#6  
Flag Gent

More
For me, the wifi strength is important. The rom itself does not matter.
Anyway, waiting for your post

==== edit =====
I had some time to check Gomdolight. Actually it is not a ROM, but a Modifier (remove system apps)
I don't think they change something for wifi-driver, which I believe is the problem for the weak wifi.
but just let me know how it is improved with your Gflex
thanks
Last edited by nphaibk; 3rd August 2015 at 09:09 PM. Reason: update
11th August 2015, 08:33 AM |#7  
Flag Oklahoma City

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphaibk

I checked and Gomdolight is for Korean version (f340 I think), are you sure you can?
(in the thread of Gomdolight, 1 guy was successfully installed, but he said nothing different, hhope he did not mean about wifi)

Could you report your try here?
Thanks in advance

Hey,my apologies to all who were waiting on the results of my attempted flash of the Gomdolite firmware mod. I'm sorry to report that although it installed successfully( albiet in a limited capacity due to variant and build discrepancies), it did not resolve my wifi woes.I will continue running Gomdolite despite that fact. Off topic and my apologies in advance, but it has improved my devices overall speed and fluidity. Hope someone has a solution soon...Btw, since my D950 doesn't have to function as my primary phone as of yesterday, (returned to Samsung, Note4) I am willing to Guinea pig for the common good of finding a resolution to our issues.Let me know if you got anything to test.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)