Thanks Meter: 457

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st April 2015, 07:11 PM |#101  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz7qd

Help me out please.I bought a phone from craigs and it came with sprint rom.I thought it was a sprint phone and used it for a month.Now i was just looking at the phone and i found out that the "model : 0P6B100" on the back bottom side of my HTC M8 .I searched and found out that it is a Europe unlocked version, which is pretty great but in my bootloader it shows "m8_Mhl "
I am so confused seriously! Can someone sort it out please??

I don't see what your question has to do (at least directly) to this thread?

I think you mean the "product" (as its called in the getvar output) is m8_whl ? There is no product m8_mhl: http://droider.eu/2014/09/20/htc-one-m8-models/

Not positive, but my feeling is that it is the Sprint variant. Reason I say that, is that its more likely the product (m8_whl) is correct, and the model ID (MID) has been changed by the previous owner.

I don't know of an existing mod to change the product ID. Although I'm sure such a thing is possible with the necessary know-how, I haven't seen any posted mod to do so; and don't see why you would want to do this (which is also probably the primary reason nobody has ever bothered to find or post a method to change product ID).

In contrast, there is an existing mod to change MID, and its pretty common to do so (along with the CID) as it allows the flashing of other carrier RUUs and firmwares.
Last edited by redpoint73; 1st April 2015 at 07:15 PM.

3rd April 2015, 05:23 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Guys I need some help. I cant find any the answer anywhere.

I have a Tmobile M8 and I also have a unlock code provided by the carrier.

I am planning to sell the device, but a seller is willing to pay me extra if I can convert it into unlocked edition. The thing is, I don't know what happens with the unlock code if I convert it into unlocked edition.
  1. Should I Sim Unlock first then flash the RUU? Will this method work?
  2. Or if I flash the RUU and ship the device with the Sim unlock code, will the buyer be able ti use it?
7th April 2015, 03:11 PM |#103  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddardhab

Guys I need some help. I cant find any the answer anywhere.

I have a Tmobile M8 and I also have a unlock code provided by the carrier.

I am planning to sell the device, but a seller is willing to pay me extra if I can convert it into unlocked edition. The thing is, I don't know what happens with the unlock code if I convert it into unlocked edition.

1. Should I Sim Unlock first then flash the RUU? Will this method work?
  2. Or if I flash the RUU and ship the device with the Sim unlock code, will the buyer be able ti use it?

Your post has nothing to do with this thread, or even this forum section. This thread is for a SIM unlock mod (not with a code) and this forum section is specific to the AT&T version.

But to answer your question, NO, SIM unlock will not convert the phone to the unlocked version. All it will do is allow the use of non-T-Mobile SIM cards. The phone will still have the current T-Mobile ROM.

To fully convert, you would need to s-off (sunshine which is $25 US) change the phone's CID and MID, then run the proper RUU for the unlocked version.

If none of this is familiar to you, I would recommend just selling the phone "as-is". S-off alone will cost you more money. So unless the buyer is paying you a premium to do these things (which will also cost you time, its a significant set of modifications), its simply not worth it.
26th April 2015, 09:34 AM |#104  
Tashkent
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unlocked M8 T-Mobile
Thanks a lot. Unlocked M8 T-Mobile and tested with other operator sim card. Working fine. After Just need configure APN manually.
5th June 2015, 06:32 PM |#105  
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 1,551

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihtiyorjonson

Thanks a lot. Unlocked M8 T-Mobile and tested with other operator sim card. Working fine. After Just need configure APN manually.

What firmware are you on this apparently stopped working with the LP update thanks.

Sent from my M8
8th June 2015, 10:29 PM |#106  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
It worked for a mexican carrier (Telcel), now I can use it whith any carrier thanks!
3rd August 2015, 03:02 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello guys! Same problem for me....the bootloader has sim locked function. The carrier is Orange UK .
By the way the link in the first page
don't work. Any solution? THX
11th August 2015, 02:09 PM |#108  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar86

Hello guys! Same problem for me....the bootloader has sim locked function. The carrier is Orange UK .
By the way the link in the first page don't work. Any solution? THX

It been thoroughly discussed on this thread, that the s-off SIM unlock method no longer works (particularly if you are on Lollipop). You will need to use a pay SIM unlock service.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carrier, gsm, sim unlock, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)