[*gps fix] alternate gps fix]

Search This thread

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Good day,

how can i apply this fix? unfortunately this is my first experience that I rot a cellphone and change the rom.......
pls.help
thanks again
You have to be on stock Samsung firmware or rom based on Samsung firmware. No cm, aosp or the like. After you do the fix you can go back to whatever rom you had and should still have GPS

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Done! now I am back with my previous t-mobile stock rom with working GPS.
do you think soon will be a TouchWiz lollipop rom?......... I am wrong/right if I say that with TouchWiz lollipop rom the GPS will work?????
thanks again
For note 2, unlikely. But yes in theory it should work, it's not a lollipop issue. For cm/aosp on your device it could be

sewermike

Oct 18, 2013
Thank you very much... this was the only thing to get GPS on my S3 working again. The NVREBUILD also updated mobile radio info and the device now reports LTE, instead of 4g.

:good: :D

r_fung

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
You are awesome

**MUST BE ON STOCK TOUCHWIZ TO ACCESS DIALER MENU**

Thought I post this method on a different way to get GPS back from flashing from different ROMs. When I lost it, a fresh Odin install did not fix GPS. Basically nothing worked; clear maps data, Google. Servicesframework, tightening all my screws, gps fix it apps, etc.. Tried them all.
Then I came across a post that was in a att s3 thread started by "egyptshun"
So shout outs to him.

[QUOTE/]if you dont see your gps icon on status bar. there is problem on your gps chip.
becouse that was happend to me my I747. im more confused about it.
i try more things like rom change,, firmware upgrade,, orginal samsung updates,, etc,, no more fix

after i go to the samsung service mode *#197328640#

then go to mainmenu>UMTS>Common>NV REBUILD>NV REBUILD>finish and dont exit menu
wait 30 sec

long press power button and select restart..

thats all

now check your GPS from gps software...

if this is fix your problem dont forget to thanks....

I am on Note2 Canada variant (i317M). Flashed CM12.1 t0lte; then, went back to stock. Using GPS Status to check. GPS did not pick up any birds. Use your method with a small twist.

Go to the samsung service mode *#197328640#
UMTS --> Common --> NV REBUILD --> Restore

*** GPS IS FIXED *** I am so thankful. You are the best :laugh: :good:

d0ctorj3kyll

Jul 30, 2016
Hi all
I've followed this guide carefully - stock Samsung TouchWiz rom, stock dialer - and I've accessed the dialer menu. When I select NV Rebuild it tells me "not support in custom binary!"
As I said, I am running stock Samsung software so I don't understand why it won't work :(
My phone is rooted, and I have used Triangle Away to ensure my device reads as Official (bootloader and settings both show Samsung Official software, but Knox counter is reading 1). I do have a few modules installed on Xposed framework, though - could that be causing the issue?
This is driving me mental! Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!
Should I unroot my phone and reflash completely stock software to try again? Or is there a way I can fix it without having to start from scratch?
Thanks!!!

Wing Nut

May 22, 2009
Adelaide
Hi all
I've followed this guide carefully - stock Samsung TouchWiz rom, stock dialer - and I've accessed the dialer menu. When I select NV Rebuild it tells me "not support in custom binary!"
As I said, I am running stock Samsung software so I don't understand why it won't work

Same here, no luck getting my GPS back after it faded a few days ago - and I've tried the screw re-tighten thing too. In fact I've even had all the screws out to check the GPS antenna contact :\
Set everything as prescribed - so far I've tried 3 stock ROMs, stock TouchWiz, dialer, etc. I got into the service menu using *#0011# on my phone (#197328640# wasn't recognised - no reaction on entering it), but once into the service menu I've had no luck getting past the 'Not support in custom binary!' I've tried all the ROMs both rooted and unrooted.

I'm not sure I have an NV backup lying about - so far I can only find an IMEI backup from way back.

I guess I'm running low on any further options (a new phone being one) unless someone has a new suggestion :fingers-crossed:

[EDIT] I've fixed it! But I don't know how. Across 5 days I did everything everyone else has ever suggested - hardware, software and firmware - but without even a hint of success. I even gave up last night and ordered a new smartphone - a Huawei P9. Fate then dealt its hand and within hours I had the GPS working! I'd previously gone right back to an early stock ROM, but all the usual fixes still failed to work. Resigned to no more GPS, I reflashed a my preferred 4.4.2 Nordic ROM again and did another factory reset, then let Titanium Backup and Nandroid restore things to somewhere near normal ops. The service menu's 'NV rebuild' still failed at the 'Not support in custom binary!' message despite me feeding in 3 - 4 stock ROMs of various vintages. I'd given up, but just for good measure I tried GPS Fix and TopNTP once more with the usual settings ... and suddenly I had the result I've been chasing for days - my GPS worked! But I don't know why :confused:

Last edited:

mazi998

Nov 1, 2008
1. *#0011#
2. Back
3. Key input
4. Q0 (wait a few seconds)
wait 30 sec

mem5449

Jan 3, 2011
stuck at DEBUG MENU

My S5 mini goes to the DEBUG MENU when I enter the code *#197328640#. Haven't figured out how to navigate to mainmenu as stated in instructions. Any body have a tip on how to get there? Thx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **MUST BE ON STOCK TOUCHWIZ TO ACCESS DIALER MENU**

Thought I post this method on a different way to get GPS back from flashing from different ROMs. When I lost it, a fresh Odin install did not fix GPS. Basically nothing worked; clear maps data, Google. Servicesframework, tightening all my screws, gps fix it apps, etc.. Tried them all.
    So shout outs to him.

[QUOTE/]if you dont see your gps icon on status bar. there is problem on your gps chip.
    i try more things like rom change,, firmware upgrade,, orginal samsung updates,, etc,, no more fix

wait 30 sec

thats all

if this is fix your problem dont forget to thanks....[/QUOTE]

so yeah there it is. This method worked lovely for me. I was about to do a warranty exchange till I seen this.. Saved me the hassle

Hope this helps someone. And remember PLZ THANKS
    SHARDAEDVERN

:D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I am on LiquidSmooth RC2, when I entered *#197328640# on phone dial pad, nothing happen. :confused:

Restore a touch wiz nandroid, if u have one. Then use the dialer code. It'll be faster that way, you won't have to Odin, and use a pc

Yeah I was so relieved when I did this.. It was such a head ache. Been seeing a lot of people going thru the same thing.
    So maybe this could get stickied or something :cool:

I'm using XTREMEPERIA Z. Stock dialer. Gps only works when I'm near wifi. I don't have to be connected to the wifi just when I'm near.

U must be on a TOUCHWIZ rom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    So shout outs to him.

wait 30 sec

thats all

if this is fix your problem dont forget to thanks....

so yeah there it is. This method worked lovely for me. I was about to do a warranty exchange till I seen this.. Saved me the hassle

Hope this helps someone. And remember PLZ THANKS
    SHARDAEDVERN

:D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

That should be stickied.