By enewman17, Recognized Contributor on 23rd February 2014, 02:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th August 2015, 03:02 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

AT&T I747 UCUEMJB Stock Restore

This is Abandoned. I recommend you do not use this to restore you phone as to a fear of bricking your device.

This is a last ditch effort for restoring the AT&T I747 to factory stock. This zip will wipe all data, clear the binary flash count, restore the system, flash the latest KNOX firmware and stock recovery. There is absolutely no possible way to clear the warranty bit back to 0 IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REVERT ONCE TRIPED!! Not even Samsung can undo this.! Its the price we pay for rooting our phones. Also once tripped KNOX is rendered useless and will no longer be available as an app in your drawer.

This is meant for restoring your phone to as near stock as possible in hopes to capture any future OTA updates. Can't guarantee that will work either...

As always I don't take any responsibility for what you do with your phone. Please do not flash this if you don't understand the consequences. This thread will have limited support. Use with caution!

Directions are really simple.

1. Downloads:
    TWRP and CWM 6.0.4.5 http://www.mediafire.com/download/30...re_2282014.zip
    MD5: 739f9cf2d0eb570ec7d18146d5e4a45f

CWM 6.0.4.7: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7...WM_2282014.zip
    MD5: 487b55449ecf7b0c273d5df86f51c170

Odin: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=227

2. Verify the MD5
  3. Flash via custom recovery (CWM or TWRP).

When flash is done
  1. Allow phone to fully boot up.
  2. Boot into download mode and verify the count has been reset. (Hold Volume Down, Home and Power till you see D/L mode appear. Quickly release button combo, then Volume Up to continue)
  3. Boot into recovery and verify that it is now stock. (Hold Volume Up, Home and Power till you see "Recovery Booting..." in the upper left hand corner then immediately release button combo)
  4. If your selling your phone or returning for warranty now would be a good time to give one last factory data reset before boxing.

XDA:DevDB Information
MJB Stock Restore, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
enewman17
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2014-02-23
Last Updated 2014-05-26

I am having issues with custom rom and I want to revert back my at&t s3 to stock. Can this method revert back my s3 to stock? I have TWRP installed

11th August 2015, 03:51 PM |#422  
Flag St. Paul
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imk79

I am having issues with custom rom and I want to revert back my at&t s3 to stock. Can this method revert back my s3 to stock? I have TWRP installed

Yes, but make sure to pick a stock ROM that matches the bootloader/modem on your phone. Otherwise things like wifi or mobile data might not work.

To check your bootloader either install the Samsung phone info app or a terminal emulator app and enter this in it:
Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
This thread will work for a bootloader ending in MJB.

Use this thread if your bootloader ends in NE4.

Use this thread if your bootloader ends in NJ1.

Don't mess with any of the bootloader/modem zips/steps in the linked threads if all you want to do is revert to a stock ROM, just grab the appropriate ROM zip and clean flash it in TWRP. If you're coming from an AOSP ROM you'll probably have to format your internal storage in TWRP in addition to the normal clean flash wipes to get the AT&T ROM to boot. And always make a backup of your working ROM in TWRP before wiping just in case.

Expect first boot to be long, at least 10 minutes and maybe as long as 20.
Last edited by jason2678; 11th August 2015 at 03:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jason2678 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2015, 04:10 PM |#423  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2678

Yes, but make sure to pick a stock ROM that matches the bootloader/modem on your phone. Otherwise things like wifi or mobile data might not work.

To check your bootloader either install the Samsung phone info app or a terminal emulator app and enter this in it:

Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
This thread will work for a bootloader ending in MJB.

Use this thread if your bootloader ends in NE4.

Use this thread if your bootloader ends in NJ1.

Don't mess with any of the bootloader/modem zips/steps in the linked threads if all you want to do is revert to a stock ROM, just grab the appropriate ROM zip and clean flash it in TWRP. If you're coming from an AOSP ROM you'll probably have to format your internal storage in TWRP in addition to the normal clean flash wipes to get the AT&T ROM to boot. And always make a backup of your working ROM in TWRP before wiping just in case.

Expect first boot to be long, at least 10 minutes and maybe as long as 20.

What is terminal emulator app? and how can I install it?
11th August 2015, 04:59 PM |#424  
Flag St. Paul

More
Quote:

What is terminal emulator app? and how can I install it?

Just search for terminal in the Play Store. Something should come right up. It is an app that lets you use a command line on your phone.

You can get Samsung Phone Info from the Play Store too. Either way will work. You just need to know what bootloader/modem you've got on your phone before you flash anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to jason2678 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2015, 10:52 AM |#425  

More
Quote:

Just search for terminal in the Play Store. Something should come right up. It is an app that lets you use a command line on your phone.

You can get Samsung Phone Info from the Play Store too. Either way will work. You just need to know what bootloader/modem you've got on your phone before you flash anything.

ok I just checked the boot loader and its NJ1 so I used this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...pdate-t2941792 and download this file https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001611561 and flash it via TWRP on first time phone stuck on at&t logo then I pull off the battery and off the phone after some time I pull the battery again and power on the phone and its booting to the OS glad to saw that I am on stock but now I am trying to ON the wifi and its not working Any help?

Thanks
12th August 2015, 02:01 PM |#426  
Flag St. Paul

More
Quote:

ok I just checked the boot loader and its NJ1 so I used this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...pdate-t2941792 and download this file https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001611561 and flash it via TWRP on first time phone stuck on at&t logo then I pull off the battery and off the phone after some time I pull the battery again and power on the phone and its booting to the OS glad to saw that I am on stock but now I am trying to ON the wifi and its not working Any help?

Thanks

Do the bootloader and modem on the phone match? Both end in NJ1? You can check the modem by going into Settings -> About and checking your baseband, or you can enter this in a terminal:
Code:
getprop gsm.version.baseband
12th August 2015, 02:07 PM |#427  

More
Quote:

Do the bootloader and modem on the phone match? Both end in NJ1? You can check the modem by going into Settings -> About and checking your baseband, or you can enter this in a terminal:

Code:
getprop gsm.version.baseband

yes Baseband also end with NJ1 and show like this "I747UCUFNJ1"
12th August 2015, 03:16 PM |#428  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 7,493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes Baseband also end with NJ1 and show like this "I747UCUFNJ1"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57762154
There is the NJ1 ROM. More then likely your having WiFi issues because of symlinks form new bootloader and modem on older rom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
12th August 2015, 03:27 PM |#429  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57762154
There is the NJ1 ROM. More then likely your having WiFi issues because of symlinks form new bootloader and modem on older rom.

Thanks,
How will I flash it as I think I lost TWRP. Should I flash recovery again? or is there is any other way to do this?
12th August 2015, 08:11 PM |#430  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 7,493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks,
How will I flash it as I think I lost TWRP. Should I flash recovery again? or is there is any other way to do this?

Flash with a custom recovery. Damn near everything posted here or by me is always flashable with twrp or cwm. If it's a .zip flash with twrp if its a .tar or tar.md5 then its most likely odin flashable.

You can use odin and flash a recovery or if rooted you can use flashify from the play store and it will download twrp or cwm and flash the recovery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread