Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 50,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multitouch issues / No real Multitouch

Tip us?

irkan
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
whats the problem here? ... HTC never claimed that the desire has real multi-touch capibalty, .. they were very careful to choose the words so people dont rant and complain, ..

here is what i quoted from the spec sheet of the Desire from HTC Website (not any other website that claim that Desire should have multitouch)

Quote:
Type: AMOLED capacitive touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
no multi-touch here, .. they just said pinch-to-zoom capability, and this works just fine even with the "axis crossing issue"

so why complain about something that isnt even mentioned in the spec sheet, nor it is supposed to be there.
its like saying "OMG why the desire doesnt have a projector built-in? it sux big time"

schaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Ok, no idea what your problem is guys. I just asked a question and was sad that my wished new dreamphone lacks a feature I care about! Thats all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol View Post
PS: I still dont get it, why do you really need super persistant, precise multi-touch ... if in real life almost none applications use it. The screen is small enough, I cant imagine doing 5 fingers multitouch in it
It could be cool just for showing of ... but I cannot wait several years just to show of.
I just want to have it. I can't image doing the 5 fingers on my phone either...
I mean its not that this is a feature that is not available for such devices, I sure wouldn't want to wait until they have a Quad Core 5GHz processor in it, or a battery that lasts 20 days. But the better touch panel was just a choice for them I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedup View Post
WTF is this thread about? What a load of bollocks.

4 fingers? That's too much even for my girlfriend. Get a grip and buy yourself a feckin pong machine.
If you have nothing helpfull to say then please just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedavie View Post
LMAO. Multi touch was putting me off x10 then I thought about it on iPhone, I have only ever used multi touch for pinching pictures so in 2 years of having an iPhone I have never needed multitouch so I guess I can live with not having it on the x10.

If taht guy wants it for pong then , Hey ho
I am glad you can live without it, so you won't miss anything when using the Desire.

Regarding the pong playing:
It is not my fault I don't get through the day without a dose of pong. I tried, but I just can't. I neeeeeeeed pong!!!
pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong pong

Now you know. My name is Tommi and I have a problem....

schaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Ok, I honestly never saw that. I don't complain about it (well I was sad that it didn't have it bec I was looking forward for the phone a long time). I just wanted to KNOW if it has it or not.

So no problem. I wanted infos, I got them. Thread can be closed, deleter or burned. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irkan View Post
whats the problem here? ... HTC never claimed that the desire has real multi-touch capibalty, .. they were very careful to choose the words so people dont rant and complain, ..

here is what i quoted from the spec sheet of the Desire from HTC Website (not any other website that claim that Desire should have multitouch)

no multi-touch here, .. they just said pinch-to-zoom capability, and this works just fine even with the "axis crossing issue"

so why complain about something that isnt even mentioned in the spec sheet, nor it is supposed to be there.
its like saying "OMG why the desire doesnt have a projector built-in? it sux big time"

gogol
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Hi

Don't be mad, we like to joke sometimes ...

Yes, you have every right to ask that question and it is absolutely no problem for wanting that feature.

Oh btw, remember this:

Please come back here and post when you have that device, the one which you can do true multitouch with 4 or more fingers.

Certainly, a lot of users here will appreciate your update when that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasschaz View Post
Ok, I honestly never saw that. I don't complain about it (well I was sad that it didn't have it bec I was looking forward for the phone a long time). I just wanted to KNOW if it has it or not.

So no problem. I wanted infos, I got them. Thread can be closed, deleter or burned. I don't care.
Nexus 5 : Android 4.4.1 stock ROM, stock recovery, rooted

schaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I am not mad. Just confused by the replies.

Ok, I'll let you know.
I know the Desire was just released, but are there already rumors about the next phones to be released by HTC? I know, there is the Legend, the HD mini and the EVO now, but what comes next?

Quote:

Please come back here and post when you have that device, the one which you can do true multitouch with 4 or more fingers.

planter88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well it seems the HTC Incredible doesn't have this Multitouch Issue
See it for yourself at the end of this Video:
androidcentral.com/video-multitouch-droid-incredible

{Sorry can't post real URL's)

I can't really believe they used another Touch Display for the Incredible.
Maybe it's an software Fix, that will be available for the Desire in the future, too ?

irkan
Old
(Last edited by irkan; 19th April 2010 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
not clear wither the Incredible have the same display as N1 and Desire (no official words)

but what does the incredible have over Desire? I know he desire have more RAM, ... the incredible has only 512MB RAM (i know its not that much different but still).

it has 8GB internal memory which you cant use to install apps (out of the box)m you only have 512 ROM (just like N1 and Desire).
8MP camera, .. cool ... but lets not fool ourselves here, HTC doesnt make good cameras anyways

and the incredible has "Rev A" ?? wtf does that suppose to mean?

EDIT: they said at the end of the video they have different panels (N1 and Incredeble) probably its the ClearPad3000 like the droid, not ClearPad2000 like N1 and Desire. so i wouldnt hold my breath on a software fix for this issue

reallylame
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Indeed, I believe the OP asked a very sensible question and got his answers.

I didn't see the need for all the lame jokes (regardless of my name) and sarcastic remarks.
If it was all done in good fun intent, that is fine then.

peace

hoss_n2
Old
(Last edited by hoss_n2; 20th April 2010 at 02:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 283
so why hd2 doesnot have this issues alo i think it uses the same screen as n1 and desire look at videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgTxo_Ia27o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOD3c...watch_response
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXNY...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFUh...eature=related
join us on Arab Xda members foundation

follow me on twitter Hoss for any updates

HTC HD2 --(Experience is our profession)--Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy tab 10.1

2012 Hoss_n2 Community . All rights reserved ,( Hoss_n2 and (Experience is our profession ) logos are trademarks of Hoss_n2 Community

if you like my work , tap thanks button

Mokurex
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Hi

Yes, you have every right to ask that question and it is absolutely no problem for wanting that feature.

Oh btw, remember this:

Certainly, a lot of users here will appreciate your update when that happen.
Why do you keep making stupid comments? like seriously, we don't need any of your comments. I know you love your desire, but just because you don't use a certain feature, it doesn't make others stupid for wanting it.

You probably love the phone so much you make out with it LOL, don't go so hard on it alright? xD (You of all ppl can take jokes right? )

TRENDING IN THEMER...