DNScrypt proxy for Android install

317 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By Draygon, Senior Member on 24th June 2014, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th May 2015, 03:35 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I'd like to confirm that it works with cyanogenmod nightly 29/05/15, I forgot to run it as root in my first attempt. Thanks.

7th August 2015, 01:45 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
If anyone is still following this thread, you can download the installable zips here: https://download.dnscrypt.org/dnscrypt-proxy/
To change the resolver you are using, edit the /system/etc/init.d/99dnscrypt file and change the line RESOLVER_NAME=dnscrypt.org-fr to the resolver in /system/etc/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moffa~ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2015, 08:08 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffa~

If anyone is still following this thread, you can download the installable zips here: https://download.dnscrypt.org/dnscrypt-proxy/
To change the resolver you are using, edit the /system/etc/init.d/99dnscrypt file and change the line RESOLVER_NAME=dnscrypt.org-fr to the resolver in /system/etc/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

I installed zip and tried to change the resolver to okturtles in the init.d script but it is not starting on it's own so I tried manually

Quote:

u0_a96@mako:/ $ su
root@mako:/ # dnscrypt-proxy -R okturtles
[ERROR] Unable to read [/Users/j/src/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-proxy-android-armv7-a/system/etc/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv]
1|root@mako:/ #

Am I missing something?
10th August 2015, 04:27 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Are you using the correct dnscrypt file? Since I have an armv7a phone, I use dnscrypt-proxy-android-armv7-a-1.6.0.zip.

Instead of running dnscrypt-proxy -R okturtles, edit and then run /etc/init.d/99dnscrypt line so it looks like:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
RESOLVER_NAME=okturtles
So basically you run:
Code:
su
./etc/init.d/99dnscrypt
but I would just ensure you are using a kernel that supports init.d or install a package that adds it (like Universal Init.d)
15th August 2015, 10:16 AM |#55  
Flag maspalomas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
s3 neo single
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffa~

Same as mine. Can you try this file?

Gud joob work thx👍👍yuar best
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread