[Q] Wifi problem in Galaxy S4 (I9505)

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Katkoot_cena, Junior Member on 17th February 2014, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th January 2015, 02:07 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
question is this file also for to flash on a m919 and a i337 model. im having the same wifi issues on 2 of this model phones. that is m919 and i337

Quote:
Originally Posted by frapeti

I'll make a flashable zip for it, else you can try to edit it on /system/build.prop

EDIT: try it: Attachment 2593316

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

3rd February 2015, 05:25 AM |#32  
Flag NAGPUR

More
Unhappy Wifi Bluetooth Not Working...!
Hello Everyone. M new in XDA. Guys, i own a samsung galaxy gt-i9500. In october, an update from samsung disabled my wifi and bluetooth. I've tried everything from battery removal to modem flashing and even i switched stock firmware many times. i even flashed it with loads of custom roms but still, no luck. i have tried removing the battery, (*#0011#) on/off, changed modems ( lost my imei though),couldnt delet the wpa_supplicant file as it was a system file through root explorer, i downloaded and flashed chinese leaked rom hoping that would fix the touchwiz bug but still...NO WIFI... when i heard the news of official russian lollipop release, i was hopeful that this might be the solution of my problems but it wasn't. i had downloaded it , flashed through odin 3.10, cleared cache and erased data thrice but still my wifi couldnt turn on. I seriously need help from you guys now. U R MY ONLY HOPE....
THANKS.
18th February 2015, 04:34 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
FIXED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakewaheguru

Hello Everyone. M new in XDA. Guys, i own a samsung galaxy gt-i9500. In october, an update from samsung disabled my wifi and bluetooth. I've tried everything from battery removal to modem flashing and even i switched stock firmware many times. i even flashed it with loads of custom roms but still, no luck. i have tried removing the battery, (*#0011#) on/off, changed modems ( lost my imei though),couldnt delet the wpa_supplicant file as it was a system file through root explorer, i downloaded and flashed chinese leaked rom hoping that would fix the touchwiz bug but still...NO WIFI... when i heard the news of official russian lollipop release, i was hopeful that this might be the solution of my problems but it wasn't. i had downloaded it , flashed through odin 3.10, cleared cache and erased data thrice but still my wifi couldnt turn on. I seriously need help from you guys now. U R MY ONLY HOPE....
THANKS.

Hi,
I got this problem for last week my phone i9505. and i already bought new phone because of this error.
i download almost 10 firmware from sammobile with free slow speed and flash each one of then and all of them stil got wifi not working
BUT TODAY i finally fix the problem. i dont know which method is make this phone work but i will share what i do:
1. pull out the battery for 1 minute,
2. go to download mode, odin, flash stock rom
3. go to recovery mode and wipe cache, wipe data
4. restart and wifi problem still there, skip all the instruction until i can go to homescreen
5. boot again in download mode, run odin flash stock rom. BUT now in Bootloader not PDA
6. restart, pull battery, wipe, wifi still not working (starting to get angry and hopeless)
7. go to download mode, odin, root
8. after finishing root go to super su disable knox. (loading take long time i dont finish it)
9. install total commander, go to root, system, build.prop edit file. change ro.securestorage.support to false
10. restart phone. and voila when i try to turn on wifi its work.

hope this help.

ps: this is my first post in XDA, i just want to share my experience in this problem. and sorry for my bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to Blipandu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2015, 01:22 PM |#34  

More
fixed wifi problem
i also had this problem but i figured if you download the black edition software for your s4 everything will be back to stock and wifi working im currently on three ireland download link .sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9505/3IE/

Use odin
turn your phone off
hold down VOLUME KEY plus HOME and POWER
when you get to warning message let go and press UP
OPEN ODIN 3.10
UNZIP FIRMWARE FROM DOWNLOAD
CLICK (AP) BOX SELECT YOUR FIRMWARE
CONNECT YOUR PHONE VIA USB CABLE pre usb 2.00 port rear pc
PRESS START
VIOLA THAT'S IT
21st April 2015, 09:48 PM |#35  

More
HELP!
Hi guys, updated my rooted s4 to Lollipop and thought everything was fine until I tried to connect to the wifi and it just refused to switch on! I've tried everything from hard reset to editing in the system files like suggested but nothing has worked! I can't seem to get odin to flash the original roms for some reason, tested that so far on 3 computers and a mac and same result each time, but it lets me flash small files like cwm or cf root. Someone please direct me!

Thanks
21st April 2015, 11:49 PM |#36  

More
Fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzah2o

Hi guys, updated my rooted s4 to Lollipop and thought everything was fine until I tried to connect to the wifi and it just refused to switch on! I've tried everything from hard reset to editing in the system files like suggested but nothing has worked! I can't seem to get odin to flash the original roms for some reason, tested that so far on 3 computers and a mac and same result each time, but it lets me flash small files like cwm or cf root. Someone please direct me!

Thanks

Sorted my problem realised I was using the online Jodin3.jar rather than actual odin. Used that and was able to flash the right stock rom and all sorted...if anyone else is having trouble maybe try a reflash!
6th June 2015, 04:12 PM |#37  
Flag Leksand
Thanks Meter: 250

More
I flashed Lollipop stock sucessifully on my S4 i9505 but wifi wont work.
15th June 2015, 02:53 AM |#38  

More
Hello, I am also having the same problem after updating via OTA my s4 not work anymore and the wifi bluethoot, Flashes bl modem and fix the android 5.1 did not work, did downgrade of firmaware and bl and fix modem Flashes, did not work, did root with root cf to edit the build prop edited to false did not work, I'm desperate to find a solution to this problem one observation I have had and that when the switches triggers the wifi and bluethoot the back of the s4 heats, will be that can be poblema the mother board?
excuse my bad English.
15th August 2015, 01:53 PM |#39  
Flag Harare
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Any fix on this guys? Got my S4 and I've just about given up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)