FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 132
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th April 2015, 02:22 PM |#161  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky646260

Hi! I had the Couldn't sign in issue too and finally resolved it by going to my Google account security settings, then to App passwords. Using the 'Select app' drop-down menu I selected 'Other' and typed in 'Google Play on KFHDX' and hit generate. It will give you a password to sign in with instead of the one you had been trying and should work as expected from there.

This info should be included on the OP, so that new people to this (like me) know how to resolve the issue quickly.
 
 
5th April 2015, 02:39 PM |#162  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn8

This info should be included on the OP, so that new people to this (like me) know how to resolve the issue quickly.

Curious if this a problem/solution only for those using two factor authentication or have enabled enhanced security in their Google account settings. I do both which can be a minor PiTA at times but necessary imo. Please, no debates on security here...start another thread or contribute to one of the 8 billion already out there
9th April 2015, 10:29 PM |#163  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Curious if this a problem/solution only for those using two factor authentication or have enabled enhanced security in their Google account settings. I do both which can be a minor PiTA at times but necessary imo. Please, no debates on security here...start another thread or contribute to one of the 8 billion already out there

I used 2-factor, which is what I believe caused the issue. What is the "enhanced security" that you enabled? I don't see it in my Google Account settings? Anytime I search for "Enhanced Security" all I get are links to the 2-factor setup...
9th April 2015, 10:41 PM |#164  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn8

I used 2-factor, which is what I believe caused the issue. What is the "enhanced security" that you enabled? I don't see it in my Google Account settings? Anytime I search for "Enhanced Security" all I get are links to the 2-factor setup...

If you do NOT have multi factor enabled there is an option titled 'Access for less secure apps' with a simple on/off toggle. On the settings panel it occupies the spot just below '2-step verification' when this option is disabled. Changes to 'App passwords' when 2-step is enabled.
15th August 2015, 12:57 PM |#165  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
strangeness
I am on 4.5.2 on HDX 8.9

I installed ok, but when I exit google play for the first time and try to go back in, it just hangs in a white screen.

If I uninstall play and reinstall it works.

Now, Cablevision application does not work. I ended up having to uninstall all the hdx and google stuff to get it to work again.
16th August 2015, 03:49 AM |#166  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_sailor

I am on 4.5.2 on HDX 8.9

I installed ok, but when I exit google play for the first time and try to go back in, it just hangs in a white screen.

If I uninstall play and reinstall it works.

Now, Cablevision application does not work. I ended up having to uninstall all the hdx and google stuff to get it to work again.

Amazon and Google don't play nice together. If you want access to Google Play/Services/apps on this device I recommend installing Safestrap v4 followed by a HDX compatible rom that natively supports Google components. At present your choices are Nexus v4 and CM11. CM11 can be flashed to a secondary slot which permits dual booting with FireOS; Nexus overwrites FireOS. There are pros/cons to each choice but both are robust and stable. You can't go wrong either way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes