Need Help Urgent Please

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By superdude.xi, Member on 31st May 2014, 03:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I Flashed a Stock Rom with a Stock PIT
After Flashed Successfully When My Phone Restarted it is Asking

enter password to use encrypted device storage

I am Shocked Because I didnot Put Any Password.
But I remember That i already have My Nandroid Backup Of My Phone.
So when I restore My Phone I get back to its Normal State BUT . . .

MY PROBLEM IS" IF I PUT A ENCRYPTION PASSWORD" AND WHEN I FLASHED A ROM WITH A 4GB OR 6 GB PIT FILE.
IT WILL AGAIN ASK FOR A PASSWORD OR NOT ??

IF IT ASK FOR A PASSWORD THEN CAN I PUT THE PASSWORD THAT I DONE RIGHT NOW ?

I am asking this Because i ddidnot put any Encryption password In my Phone . Then also when i Flashed a Stock Rom with Stock Pit. It ask Me For Password Help me please . .
Last edited by superdude.xi; 31st May 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: MISSING LETTER

2nd June 2014, 03:54 PM |#2  
Flag bandung
Thanks Meter: 0

More
1.costum rom
2.flash stock rom
3.done
17th August 2015, 08:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhomank

1.costum rom
2.flash stock rom
3.done

Not very helpful. I also have this EXACT same problem. Never set any passwords. Have tried PIT and ROM flash via Odin, both stock and custom ROMS

Same message.

Strange thing is it appears to have booted fine and that this password is being requested by the OS.

This is evidenced by the fact that there is an 'Emergency Call' button giving access to the emergency dialler, and that i can adjust handset volume settings via side buttons.

Indeed if i press the volume button the slider appears with the settings cog which if pressed shows the sliders for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System volumes.

I have heard of a phone lock that can happen if you overstep the flash counter that some mobiles have installed at some level. i.e. if you flash ROMS too many times. Could it be this?

But if so how come it still persists after flashing? What level is it then stored at and how to get rid of it?

thx in advance

P.S. i note that if i go into download mode there is small text at the top left of my screen saying:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7000
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (4 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM

what is putting this there? and why is it counting the no. installs i do?

ALSO NOTE THAT when in CWM6 and do a Factory Reset itsays this halfway thru the wiping process:
>Formatting /emmc/.android.secure
>Error mounting /emmc/.android.secure
Last edited by law.tout@gmail.com; 17th August 2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread