FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

3,461 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,130

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 18th May 2014, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th August 2015, 06:42 PM |#81  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhanky89

Do I need to use Odin with a stock bootloader or can it be done with TWRP or CWM? I installed Windows 7, re-installed drivers, and I keep getting errors with Kies, the one-click installer, and using Odin to flash a stock rom in a tar compressed archive, and a smaller .tar compressed archive for just a recovery doesn't flash either. Read on another forum that I should take out the SD card while flashing and I have done that.

Must use odin. Make sure kies is not running or uninstalled. Kies will mess with odin.

16th August 2015, 04:58 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Yeah it probably wiped out your drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

Must use odin. Make sure kies is not running or uninstalled. Kies will mess with odin.

Is there a certain archive I need to be flashing? Kies is uninstalled and not running.
L710VPUCNDC_L710SPTCNDC_L710VPUCNDC_HOME.tar
Sprint-SPH-L710-StockRecovery.tar
Are the archives I've tried using with Odin and nothing.

This is what my "Downloading" screen says on my S3
ODIN MODE
PRODUNT NAME: SPH-L710
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
Qualcomm Secureboot: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
Bootloader AP SWREV: 2

16th August 2015, 07:00 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nevermind, it was the cable. I had to hack up the tip of a cable of an external hard drive that looked like the new style plug for the new samsung phones with a grinder. I was gonna buy one on ebay but then I read about fake chargers and stuff. Damn, this whole headache because of a damn usb cable. And I had bought the one that didn't work from monoprice.
17th August 2015, 12:42 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cant install this
I am running 5.1 cyogen rom. I have drivers installed. I have root. I have the proper tools. The issue is when I go into download mode the odin tool doesn't see phone. I let the tool try to go into download mode and it fails. Any ideas? thanks. I want to go back stock. Odin tool sees phone when booted, but not in download mode.
18th August 2015, 04:35 AM |#85  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 35,422

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtroy

I am running 5.1 cyogen rom. I have drivers installed. I have root. I have the proper tools. The issue is when I go into download mode the odin tool doesn't see phone. I let the tool try to go into download mode and it fails. Any ideas? thanks. I want to go back stock. Odin tool sees phone when booted, but not in download mode.

Try a different cable or port on the PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread