App request - stand alone alarm

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By adjenkins, Junior Member on 12th June 2014, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st October 2014, 09:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
There isnt a need for a stand alone alarm, atm its not possible. The Gear Fit isnt designed to have apps loaded on it, just on the phone & used via bluetooth.

I think an Ideal solution to this would be an Alarm App that can be downloaded as usual to the phone, and accessed on the Gear Fit.
For the Alarm to be 100% silent on the Phone (with no vibration either) but to vibrate on the Gear Fit - the settings for the alarm could be edited either on the phone or via the 'App Connect' feature on the Gear Fit....

I think this would give the solution people are wanting???
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkbellbird For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th October 2014, 03:18 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbellbird

There isnt a need for a stand alone alarm, atm its not possible. The Gear Fit isnt designed to have apps loaded on it, just on the phone & used via bluetooth.

I think an Ideal solution to this would be an Alarm App that can be downloaded as usual to the phone, and accessed on the Gear Fit.
For the Alarm to be 100% silent on the Phone (with no vibration either) but to vibrate on the Gear Fit - the settings for the alarm could be edited either on the phone or via the 'App Connect' feature on the Gear Fit....

You can do this with the built in Alarm (via the Clock app) on your phone. Just make sure Alarm is checked under Instant Alerts in the Gear Fit Manager. You can even dismiss or snooze directly from the Gear Fit.
10th October 2014, 08:11 AM |#13  

More
How do you get it to appear in the instant alerts? I only see incoming calls
28th February 2015, 08:08 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbellbird

http://sleepgenius.com/ could be great maybe it wakes u up with vibrator
6th March 2015, 07:48 AM |#15  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjenkins

I wonder has anyone else felt having a stand-alone alarm on the Gear Fit would be useful using vibration as a wake-up. I really enjoy using the watch as a wake-up device and I know you can set your phone to a silent alarm so it essentially wakes you up by the vibration. But sometimes my phone battery dies during the night or sometimes I want to set a quick day time alarm when I don't have my phone around. The timer I think only goes up to 99 minutes.
Maybe this is only strange to me but not having a built in alarm on the phone seems an oversight. I had the same issue with the Gear 1 and tried a few aftermarket apps such as Zen alarm but found on the phone they often didn't have the alert until hours after it was meant to.

I know these watches are companion devices to a phone but they do include some apps that make sense to have on the phone such as timer, pedometer etc. Always wonder why not an alarm as well.

If connected via Bluetooth and Alarm is set on the phone the gear fit will vibrate too easy peasy
26th July 2015, 05:46 PM |#16  

More
Thumbs up Yes please!!!!
Somebody just make it real please!!!!
3rd August 2015, 08:08 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 157

Donate to Me
More
I may add this support in my app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...ation-t3005697 but will not work with Gear Fit Manager
18th August 2015, 01:23 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jareddlc

I may add this support in my app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear...ation-t3005697 but will not work with Gear Fit Manager

I use your application, I am very happy, I miss just the ability to set alarms on the watch. I hope that this feature will appear in the near future (sorry for my english)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread