FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Any current G3 owners try to drop the resolution to 1080p?

3,467 posts
Thanks Meter: 379

By rushless, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th May 2015, 10:23 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Stock ROMs have a threshold at about 540 DPI (may be slightly lower for variants other than VZW). AOSP ROMs are far more flexible; I'm currently running at 440 DPI on CyanideL and have gone as low as 420 in my tinkering, without issue, other than squints.

29th May 2015, 12:20 PM |#142  
Flag Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidenimus

Stock ROMs have a threshold at about 540 DPI (may be slightly lower for variants other than VZW). AOSP ROMs are far more flexible; I'm currently running at 440 DPI on CyanideL and have gone as low as 420 in my tinkering, without issue, other than squints.

In fact aosp roms seems to have not any threshold(i also tried 720P ai 300 dpi,was correctly working)
29th May 2015, 12:48 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
at lowering your dpi...did some apps went tablet mode?
1st July 2015, 10:52 AM |#144  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
I've set my G3 to 1080p 530 dpi, it's great using nova launcher, everything flies (and I've disabled a load of bloatware).

Only problem is the Google cardboard sdk thinks the screen it 1440p still so all google cardboard apps look wrong, teh image is bigger than the screen. How can I fix this, fixing this will make my G3 perfect.
28th July 2015, 05:45 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
is doing this mod still worth it? running cloudyg3 2.5 with sharpening to 0.
18th August 2015, 01:11 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbymaster101

is doing this mod still worth it? running cloudyg3 2.5 with sharpening to 0.

I've just found this thread while looking to do exactly this, and from my own experience, this is definitely worth doing.

I tried stock for a while, and more recently CM12.1, but the lag was simply terrible no matter how little, or how much, I used the device. I then adjusted the resolution to 1920x1080 with 401dpi, and it's absolutely perfect in my early testing. Everything runs blazingly fast, and to the responsiveness I'd expected from the device.

Sure, I understand people questioning why some are taking away a key feature in the 1440p display, but for me it's quite simple, the device I received does not perform to a usable standard (whether stock or not). If I'm unable to simply be scrolling through Twitter, and receive a Messenger notification halfway through without the phone hanging in an unresponsive state for over a minute, then downscaling to 1080p quite frankly was my last option prior to launching the device out of the window.
18th August 2015, 04:42 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I use nomone resolution changer from the play store and use the lg g2 template resolution and have found no *real* issues
18th August 2015, 10:39 PM |#148  
Flag Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seblirium

I've just found this thread while looking to do exactly this, and from my own experience, this is definitely worth doing.

I tried stock for a while, and more recently CM12.1, but the lag was simply terrible no matter how little, or how much, I used the device. I then adjusted the resolution to 1920x1080 with 401dpi, and it's absolutely perfect in my early testing. Everything runs blazingly fast, and to the responsiveness I'd expected from the device.

Sure, I understand people questioning why some are taking away a key feature in the 1440p display, but for me it's quite simple, the device I received does not perform to a usable standard (whether stock or not). If I'm unable to simply be scrolling through Twitter, and receive a Messenger notification halfway through without the phone hanging in an unresponsive state for over a minute, then downscaling to 1080p quite frankly was my last option prior to launching the device out of the window.

So your phone would *in any case* fly(or out of the window,or the phone itself)

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread