Originally Posted by irfanjunaid
My dear friends, please concentrate on getting a custom recovery(TWRP/CWM)... I am trying real hard here. I contacted all the devs i could, none willing to help me! No device & vendor tree, Locked bootloader, No custom recovery, No stable ROM...... Really feeling so down
If you are looking to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG, then follow the you tube based Lam Nguyen instructions.
Links and instructions provided on the site.
Basic steps are:
ROOTING ASUS FONEPAD 7 FE170CG ON LOLLIPOP Lam Nguyen
Published on May 24, 2015
Many thanks to Admin Mr Siro forum: zenfoneviet.net
1. Download file adb.rar, recovery.rar, and Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
2. Extract file adb.rar and recovery.rar
3. Copy file Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip to MicroSD, the external SD Card, to the root.
4. Press and hold volume + and power to fastboot
5. Connect fonepad to PC. PC needs to be installed driver: Asus_Android_USB_driver_for_windows.rar
6. Open folder adb, run START.cmd
7. Type in: fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img to cmd and enter
8. On Fonepad: After Result: OK is displayed on the Fonepad, After cmd done, select restart bootloader
9. Done, Fastboot back to 4.4 mode.
10. On PC: open folder recovery, run file launcher.bat, type in ACCEPT, enter. Then select T2 and enter.
11. The bat launcher should show copying files.
12. On Fonepad, select : Install Zip-zip from external sdcard-select Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
13. Wait to complete, select Go Back-reboot-system now-Fix root
14. Done, Fonepad is rooted.
15. Install root checker from store to check.