4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By FAIRUZLYNNZAN, Junior Member on 17th May 2014, 08:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th June 2015, 05:12 PM |#381  
Flag Somewhere in India
Thanks Meter: 41

More
We have to do following before we can cook roms: Have to create Device and Vendor trees, A nice Clock Work Mod recovery and finally some generous testers.... After downloading the source, i will be stuck with the device & vendor trees without which we can't further proceed... Any info and suggestions is welcome and appreciated....

28th June 2015, 08:01 PM |#382  
Flag Somewhere in India

More
My dear friends, please concentrate on getting a custom recovery(TWRP/CWM)... I am trying real hard here. I contacted all the devs i could, none willing to help me! No device & vendor tree, Locked bootloader, No custom recovery, No stable ROM...... Really feeling so down
29th June 2015, 03:57 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you looking to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanjunaid

My dear friends, please concentrate on getting a custom recovery(TWRP/CWM)... I am trying real hard here. I contacted all the devs i could, none willing to help me! No device & vendor tree, Locked bootloader, No custom recovery, No stable ROM...... Really feeling so down

If you are looking to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG, then follow the you tube based Lam Nguyen instructions.
Links and instructions provided on the site.
Basic steps are:
ROOTING ASUS FONEPAD 7 FE170CG ON LOLLIPOP Lam Nguyen

Published on May 24, 2015
Many thanks to Admin Mr Siro forum: zenfoneviet.net

1. Download file adb.rar, recovery.rar, and Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
2. Extract file adb.rar and recovery.rar
3. Copy file Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip to MicroSD, the external SD Card, to the root.
4. Press and hold volume + and power to fastboot
5. Connect fonepad to PC. PC needs to be installed driver: Asus_Android_USB_driver_for_windows.rar
6. Open folder adb, run START.cmd
7. Type in: fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img to cmd and enter
8. On Fonepad: After Result: OK is displayed on the Fonepad, After cmd done, select restart bootloader
9. Done, Fastboot back to 4.4 mode.
10. On PC: open folder recovery, run file launcher.bat, type in ACCEPT, enter. Then select T2 and enter.
11. The bat launcher should show copying files.
12. On Fonepad, select : Install Zip-zip from external sdcard-select Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
13. Wait to complete, select Go Back-reboot-system now-Fix root
14. Done, Fonepad is rooted.
15. Install root checker from store to check.
29th June 2015, 06:13 PM |#384  
Flag Somewhere in India

More
Thanks @RajeshP116, rooting is not the problem... I am trying to compile clockworkmod and Cyanogenmod... Sources are ready. But no device and vendor trees!
5th July 2015, 07:12 AM |#385  
Flag Somewhere in India

More
Prompt FE170CG development
Anyone willing to develop for Asus Fonepad 7 please consider taking a look here
23rd July 2015, 08:14 PM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi guys the official lollipop is on Asus site check it

Envoyé de mon K012 en utilisant Tapatalk
16th August 2015, 07:31 PM |#387  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi,
I do own the 4GB version of Fe170Cg.
After upgrading to Lollipop the internal storage had about 1,4 GB free space. Some days later after installing a lot of updates the free space was reduced to 150MB, no app installation possible anymore. For example the "Asus Keyboard" did take 100 MB.
So I downgraded a lot of (25) system apps (mainly from google) and deactivated them, furthermore I changed the settings in play store to "no automatic update".
Now I'm able to install some user apps.
I wrote this to Asus and asked for a smaller Rom for the 4GB version...I'm not sure if they will develop one.
So for my model a custom rom would be very interesting...
19th August 2015, 05:17 PM |#388  
Flag Somewhere in India

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdefgahc

Hi,
I do own the 4GB version of Fe170Cg.
After upgrading to Lollipop the internal storage had about 1,4 GB free space. Some days later after installing a lot of updates the free space was reduced to 150MB, no app installation possible anymore. For example the "Asus Keyboard" did take 100 MB.
So I downgraded a lot of (25) system apps (mainly from google) and deactivated them, furthermore I changed the settings in play store to "no automatic update".
Now I'm able to install some user apps.
I wrote this to Asus and asked for a smaller Rom for the 4GB version...I'm not sure if they will develop one.
So for my model a custom rom would be very interesting...

Neither 4GB nor the 8GB version has any custom ROM in this world! And first of all, it has no custom recovery. We are fortunate atleast it is rootable and has Lollipop!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fonepade-7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)