FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[GUIDE] how to root Sph-L710/L710T S3 4.4.2 (updated as of 8/19/2015)

1,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,120

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th August 2015, 04:14 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So who here has rooted method 2 for the Boost SPH-L710T Base AOA3?
Questions:
1. If it was successful what was the Philz version you used and for what Base version as I have heard they don't have a version for AOA3 yet if ever?

2. Where did you find it, if it is different than the link (OP) on page 1?

3. What ODIN version did you use as I have heard 3.09 and 3.10 were the 2 available?

4.. Does anyone have a link to the ODIN software, the OP link says "Server not found" when selecting it?

5. Have you had any issues with it since?

Thanks for whatever help you can give!
Last edited by alsitad; 18th August 2015 at 04:23 PM.

18th August 2015, 06:02 PM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I used the philz version in the op, and the Odin version in the op, but one thing you have to do is flash twrp in Odin first, I found the link to that a couple pages before this. Read that thread, has a lot of helpful info, after you flash twrp in Odin, you have to flash philz (links in the mentioned previous pages if the op doesn't work) I had to flash philz a couple times for it to work. But have patience and you will get it. I felt so stupid over how easy it was once it was done

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

This is the link I found Odin, and twrp
http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/905685/
18th August 2015, 06:02 PM |#193  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsitad

So who here has rooted method 2 for the Boost SPH-L710T Base AOA3?
Questions:
1. If it was successful what was the Philz version you used and for what Base version as I have heard they don't have a version for AOA3 yet if ever?

2. Where did you find it, if it is different than the link (OP) on page 1?

3. What ODIN version did you use as I have heard 3.09 and 3.10 were the 2 available?

4.. Does anyone have a link to the ODIN software, the OP link says "Server not found" when selecting it?

5. Have you had any issues with it since?

Thanks for whatever help you can give!

The odin method works fine. I would use twrp, not philz. Philz is no longer being developed.
To get odin, just Google odin. Or get it from any s3 root thread. Or any Samsung root thread, they all work.
18th August 2015, 06:05 PM |#194  

More
Twrp wouldn't stay for me, every time I restarted my phone it would be stock and unrooted. That's why I went with philz. But I plan on keeping the stock ROM, just wanted the root.
18th August 2015, 06:56 PM |#195  

More
Thanks everyone for the tips! Yeah I had read the entire thread but so many people said so many different things for so many base versions that it got too confusing on what worked for my base version and what didn't.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbe121989

I used the philz version in the op, and the Odin version in the op, but one thing you have to do is flash twrp in Odin first, I found the link to that a couple pages before this. Read that thread, has a lot of helpful info, after you flash twrp in Odin, you have to flash philz (links in the mentioned previous pages if the op doesn't work) I had to flash philz a couple times for it to work. But have patience and you will get it. I felt so stupid over how easy it was once it was done

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

This is the link I found Odin, and twrp
http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/905685/

Did you use TWRP Tar from that link or TWRP Tri-band? I guessing Tar but with rooting I want to make sure.
Last edited by alsitad; 18th August 2015 at 06:21 PM.
18th August 2015, 06:59 PM |#196  

More
I had the same problem. And the .tar file. Flash it in Odin using the "ap" tab, with the phone in download mode. Make sure auto reboot is unchecked, also make sure Odin connects to the phone, that was my biggest problem.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Adbe121989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2015, 11:50 PM |#197  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbe121989

Twrp wouldn't stay for me, every time I restarted my phone it would be stock and unrooted. That's why I went with philz. But I plan on keeping the stock ROM, just wanted the root.

You can't let it auto reboot to system. If it tries, hold volume up and home so it goes to recovery. You will have the same issue with philz. It's the phone. It's made to re install stock recovery on reboot. But if you boot straight to recovery from flash, the recovery (twrp or philz) will fix it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 9
The Following User Says Thank You to madbat99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2015, 07:08 PM |#198  

More
So using ODIN 3.09 I can bring up the TWRP tar. file in AP but in making sure all files are readable ODIN is not able to see the Philz file in the AP open pop-up page. I also tried it on ODIN 3.10 What am I missing? @6th_Hokage or anyone
Last edited by alsitad; 19th August 2015 at 09:50 PM.
19th August 2015, 10:29 PM |#199  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsitad

So using ODIN 3.09 I can bring up the TWRP tar. file in AP but in making sure all files are readable ODIN is not able to see the Philz file in the AP open pop-up page. I also tried it on ODIN 3.10 What am I missing? @6th_Hokage or anyone

look at the OP again just updated the instructions read carfully
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)