Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th May 2015, 05:42 PM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikdb

Hi,

I bought the htc one on amazon!

What is the best app to monitor my charging time?
And do i need a special cable?

If you have Lollipop, it will automatically tell you the charging time where the battery stats are.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

18th August 2015, 04:43 AM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
What's the minimum version of Android we need to be on for Quick Charge 2.0 to be suppported?
18th August 2015, 12:57 PM |#293  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin01

What's the minimum version of Android we need to be on for Quick Charge 2.0 to be suppported?

AFAIK It's based on hardware, not in any particular software version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18th August 2015, 02:37 PM |#294  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggrey

AFAIK It's based on hardware, not in any particular software version.

I believe that is correct, as well.

I believe the M8 has supported QC 2.0 since the phone's release, so any software version on the M8 should be compatible with QC 2.0.
18th August 2015, 04:26 PM |#295  

More
Ok so I tried both the Tenergy and Anker QC 2.0 chargers on my M8 and both are giving me the same problem! They both charge my phone quickly, about 1%/minute in the middle part of the battery cycle. But, when I take the phone off the charger, the battery meter stays stuck on whatever percent it was at when I took it off. I then have to reboot and the meter will start properly showing drain. I would love to have quick charge capability but not if I'm damaging my phone. Any advice?
Last edited by terrapin01; 18th August 2015 at 05:53 PM.
20th August 2015, 04:29 AM |#296  

More
Quote:

Ok so I tried both the Tenergy and Anker QC 2.0 chargers on my M8 and both are giving me the same problem! They both charge my phone quickly, about 1%/minute in the middle part of the battery cycle. But, when I take the phone off the charger, the battery meter stays stuck on whatever percent it was at when I took it off. I then have to reboot and the meter will start properly showing drain. I would love to have quick charge capability but not if I'm damaging my phone. Any advice?

That sounds more like a phone problem. It doesn't do that when you use the normal charger?

20th August 2015, 11:57 AM |#297  

More
Quote:

That sounds more like a phone problem. It doesn't do that when you use the normal charger?

Nope, normal charger is fine.
20th August 2015, 03:22 PM |#298  

More
Quote:

Nope, normal charger is fine.

Do you have the percentage showing? That way you can see if the battery is properly draining, since the battery icon only changes periodically.
20th August 2015, 03:41 PM |#299  

More
Quote:

Do you have the percentage showing? That way you can see if the battery is properly draining, since the battery icon only changes periodically.

Yeah I do have the percent showing. After taking it off the quick charger it didn't change for over an hour. Then I'd reboot and it would drain at the normal rate of 2-4% an hour (on standby).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)