19th July 2015, 12:42 PM |#41  
OP Member
Flag Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab20000

can you make updated version of this tool which supports newer chipset?

No, because i don't have any MTK device a long time... and it supports any MTK device, doesn't matter that project you choose... MT6577, MT6575 etc. it's only name!, but content you must change for your device, just read some threads about porting or make a port by hands, and make this project And of cource it's opensource, you can change everythings, theme, buttons, functions etc. just edit source and compile new...
The Following User Says Thank You to back37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th July 2015, 03:40 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
what else i need to do for porting?
i know i need to modify ramdisk put right soc name and partition locations what else i need to do if i want to port android one 4.4.4 kitkat aosp rom.? any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by back37

No, because i don't have any MTK device a long time... and it supports any MTK device, doesn't matter that project you choose... MT6577, MT6575 etc. it's only name!, but content you must change for your device, just read some threads about porting or make a port by hands, and make this project And of cource it's opensource, you can change everythings, theme, buttons, functions etc. just edit source and compile new...

19th July 2015, 05:03 PM |#43  
OP Member
Flag Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab20000

i know i need to modify ramdisk put right soc name and partition locations what else i need to do if i want to port android one 4.4.4 kitkat aosp rom.? any ideas?

My latest port was 4.2 for MT6589, that's needed for 4.4 i don't have any idea... But you can try to ask this question on some thread about porting (some of them in about window), or find device with similar MTK, more likely if also similar vendor and try to find that's was changed (for example use BeyondCompare and compare ported rom for device and latest official (or other if it's specified in description)) or ask question for this port maker, it will more fast and usefull
The Following User Says Thank You to back37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2015, 04:42 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
im manually porting roms until i see this thanks...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mtk, porting, rom, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread