Analysis & Opinion

[GPL] [KERNEL] AeroKernel - 09.03.2015

450 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,472

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th August 2015, 08:29 AM |#1131  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
@abeloman yo man!! That's what I have been using. Such an amazing kernel.
P.s thanks for replying !

8th August 2015, 01:39 PM |#1132  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeloman

The last build (specifically for LP) has some battery drain... Dunno why, but blechdose didn't answer about this...

You could try Attacked kernel, discontinued, but the only functional for stock LP...

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk

The reason i couldn't address this issue is because of life. I finished my bachelor thesis just recently and had almost no time to do anything.
Nevertheless i wanted to fix this damn bug, but i had problems back then. I started from a clean kernel from motos sources and tested
the device behavior regarding deepsleep. I could see the battery drain issue in this almost full stock self-compiled kernel. So i gave up after a
few days and concentrated on life.
I might have to revisit this issue. Maybe something went wrong on my end or maybe there was just one bad commit.
I thought moto might release a 5.1 update as soon as they can (with updated kernel sources) on which i would have started again.
But well, i was wrong.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2015, 01:55 PM |#1133  
Thanks Meter: 927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se

I thought moto might release a 5.1 update as soon as they can (with updated kernel sources) on which i would have started again.

Hi,

maybe I am wrong, but does this look like the kernel sources you are waiting for?
https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityL...ease-peregrine
8th August 2015, 02:13 PM |#1134  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenrock

Hi,

maybe I am wrong, but does this look like the kernel sources you are waiting for?
https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityL...ease-peregrine

Unfortunately this seems to be the kernel source for the moto g 4g, which should have a 5.1 update if i am not mistaken.
The source i used is located here (works for
falcon), but it looks like there there were some new commits in april and july for this branch, which are not included in my build yet.
Thanks for the heads up, i will check this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2015, 05:07 PM |#1135  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeloman

The last build (specifically for LP) has some battery drain... Dunno why, but blechdose didn't answer about this...

You could try Attacked kernel, discontinued, but the only functional for stock LP...

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk

At this moment, there's also Moggy kernel that is compatible with stock LP
13th August 2015, 04:00 PM |#1136  
Thanks Meter: 257

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunately this seems to be the kernel source for the moto g 4g, which should have a 5.1 update if i am not mistaken.
falcon), but it looks like there there were some new commits in april and july for this branch, which are not included in my build yet.

Well hey brother what's up !!! After long time good to see your posts. Its been really longtime .. Well there is another kernel thread out original dev section . well in the last page of it there is a post which mention that latest sources are posted by Motorola. Well you could have a look if you have time ...
17th August 2015, 04:06 PM |#1137  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

If possible, could you please please help to fix the battery drain before leaving it and waiting for 5.1.1?

It was a mistake on my part to have flashed this kernel before reading about the problems, is there a method to get back to the stock kernel?
Can i just flash the kernel? the last time i tried with kitkat i had to flash a wifi module along with the stock kernel
18th August 2015, 09:26 AM |#1138  
Flag ITALY
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiqu

If possible, could you please please help to fix the battery drain before leaving it and waiting for 5.1.1?

It was a mistake on my part to have flashed this kernel before reading about the problems, is there a method to get back to the stock kernel?
Can i just flash the kernel? the last time i tried with kitkat i had to flash a wifi module along with the stock kernel

You can find stock kernel and modules in this tread (flashiable zips)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649763

If you flash kernel modules too, you should not have wi-fi problems.
I suggest to activate wi-fi before flash
20th August 2015, 08:42 PM |#1139  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
USB OTG Hack / charge?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aero, clean, gpl, kernel, simple
Previous Thread Next Thread