Thanks Meter: 3,723

By JackpotClavin, Recognized Developer on 2nd April 2014, 03:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th August 2015, 06:56 PM |#3911  
Thanks Meter: 4,098

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$on

Ok, so now I have even attempted to go to CM12, to see if the LP gapps would give me an error, but when i go to flash JPC cm12 3/21 build i get patching system image unconditionally and nothing happens.

My exact steps were:
flash 39A bootstack from resources thread
flash stock 39A firmware, to ensure all was working
go to flash cm12 and i get patching system image unconditionally

what can i do now?

getting this replacement device has been a complete nightmare.

Every ROM I flash patches the system unconditionally, you mean it freezes up after it states that or what?

20th August 2015, 06:58 PM |#3912  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:

Ok, so now I have even attempted to go to CM12, to see if the LP gapps would give me an error, but when i go to flash JPC cm12 3/21 build i get patching system image unconditionally and nothing happens.

My exact steps were:
flash 39A bootstack from resources thread
flash stock 39A firmware, to ensure all was working
go to flash cm12 and i get patching system image unconditionally

what can i do now?

getting this replacement device has been a complete nightmare.

What do you want to be running when all is said and done? Or are you just trying out different things right now?
20th August 2015, 06:58 PM |#3913  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus

Every ROM I flash patches the system unconditionally, you mean it freezes up after it states that or what?

yes it freezes up or maybe I am acting to impatient but how long do it take for that to pass?
20th August 2015, 07:01 PM |#3914  

More
Quote:

yes it freezes up or maybe I am acting to impatient but how long do it take for that to pass?

Whatever time it takes for a ROM to flash, its just a very generic flash animation.

I'd say let it sit for ten minutes, if it takes log than that it might be an issue. I'm assuming you tried redownloading?

I've only ever had twrp **** out on me once of twice, it doesn't happen often at all, but it can
20th August 2015, 07:04 PM |#3915  
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy

What do you want to be running when all is said and done? Or are you just trying out different things right now?

I was just attempting to restore a nandroid from my original device to the replacement hoping that it would just go smoothly, but that has not been the case at all.

so right now I am just trying to get to a complete working build of either cm11 or cm12.

I've tot back several times already and no matter whether i clean flash or restore nandroid i cant get gapps to work correctly, currently have no access to the play store, stuck with no connection.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote:

Whatever time it takes for a ROM to flash, its just a very generic flash animation.

I'd say let it sit for ten minutes, if it takes log than that it might be an issue. I'm assuming you tried redownloading?

I've only ever had twrp **** out on me once of twice, it doesn't happen often at all, but it can

alright ill give it another shot to see if gapps will finally work, the only thing not working on JPC cm12 build is tap to pay....correct?
20th August 2015, 07:07 PM |#3916  

More
Quote:

snip

I think so? Its been so long since I've been on jpc's build I can't recall but I think it's borked.

Make sure you're rebooting out of recovery and back in after flashing the bootstack.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawlrus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2015, 07:09 PM |#3917  
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think so? Its been so long since I've been on jpc's build I can't recall but I think it's borked.

Make sure you're rebooting out of recovery and back in after flashing the bootstack.

thanks!

how does it compare to the nightly builds of official cm12.1 that is now based off 39A?
20th August 2015, 07:11 PM |#3918  

More
Quote:

thanks!

how does it compare to the nightly builds of official cm12.1 that is now based off 39A?

Night lies are running on the full caf kernel, this kernel if I'm not mistaken is still caf patched.

Its also now fully based on 4.4 source like this ROMs kernel is. And is the same kernel most other ROMs are using.

Which is better? Both run well, best to try both incarnations
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawlrus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2015, 07:13 PM |#3919  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 317

More
If you're flashing cm12 (not cm12.1) be sure you're using a gapps for lp 5.0.x not one for lp 5.1.x.
The Following User Says Thank You to da_reeseboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2015, 12:38 AM |#3920  
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy

If you're flashing cm12 (not cm12.1) be sure you're using a gapps for lp 5.0.x not one for lp 5.1.x.

Quote:

Night lies are running on the full caf kernel, this kernel if I'm not mistaken is still caf patched.

Its also now fully based on 4.4 source like this ROMs kernel is. And is the same kernel most other ROMs are using.

Which is better? Both run well, best to try both incarnations

All is well again. Thank you so much for all the help

Sent from my LG-VS980
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cm12, kitkat, lollipop, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread