What made you visit XDA for the first time?

Search This thread

phonecapone

Mar 20, 2013
Internetz
www.noidodroid.com
Why I joined -

I started tinkering with phones again for the first time in about 3-4 years of pretty much total inactivity except for some work on Apple products here and there. I'm old school with phones and have picked up what I could since getting back into everything (still learning). I've done everything from actual physical phone disassembly / repair to recovering and modifying phone's contents on phones old and new. Have about 200 or so old flip phones left over I am debating on what to do with! 5 working smartphones and a bundle of screens and parts ill put to use on salvaged phones. Not a whole lot of smartphones yet since it's always been a hobby for me. I'd say ill keep it under 100 this time at least try. lol

One thing I would have loved to have back in the early days was cellebrite tools. Then I used a huge bag of cables and software for every phone. Now physical tools like cellebrite's can do a lot and are small and portable. O_O

phonecapone

joycerhaslett

Jun 15, 2014
While searching on the internet I found this forum and love to join. Basically I was looking for a music player of myself. I have used many of it but nothing can fulfill my desire. But I got it at last here.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I came to xda years ago trying to root my HTC LEGEND

You mean for HTC genius right? Which HTC device do you use?

billphone

Aug 4, 2015
IOANNINA
While searching on the internet I found this forum and love to join. Basically I was looking for a music player of myself. I have used many of it but nothing can fulfill my desire. But I got it at last here.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

You mean for HTC genius right? Which HTC device do you use?

Sorry i can't understand
I have a samsung mobile phone right now. I Used to have 3 years ago the HTC Legend, which i don't have any more

benxico

Dec 31, 2007
Hello, I came here to find information and rom for my mediatek smartphone.
One of the best place to find reliable information :)

v7

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RC
May 17, 2014
Arkham
My dogo with KK update and insane battery drain ;)

Tapped from my furious dogo ;)

Antonio.P

May 20, 2012
I thought that was a forum of iPhone gurus....
naaah

I came here when I wanted to root my first android ;)
But I signed up just yesterday, after years of lurkin' around

nishu_nisarg

Aug 4, 2011
gandhinagar
I was having Samsung galaxy(Galaxy s1).i heard about one developer "darky rom" so want to get more details of custom rom n recovery and how to do flashing.... This is one of the best thing I do in my life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sharma1998

Apr 19, 2015
Jodhpur
I thought it was a developer's site who makes and sells mobiles....lolol....but when i browsed XDA then i found rooting and flashing stuff...

Sent From My Xperia E4 Using XDA Premium Mobile App

D

Darth

I came here to make my phone awesome! Then I stayed cause the community is the best on the net!

And I became addicted to helping my fellow members. :good:

(and to make all my devices since awesome) ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium
    Well , I had Galaxy ace duos and I had heard from my friends that rooting unlocks new capabilities and flashing custom roms increases the performance of an android phone and when I searched on google I used to get mostly XDA results . Then I tried rooting and flashing custom roms and found that XDA is a genuine site . Then , when searching the forums I saw that some comments had "Sent from my________" then I searched on google play store and downloaded the app and finally I registered on XDA and from then I'm here everyday looking for custom roms , kernels , guides etc. for my new device . the lack of development for my Ace duos forced me to buy new device . The credit goes to 'XDA DEVELOPERS' . Awesome site for increasing performance of android and phones unlocking new capabilities .

Sent from my GT-P5210
    Haha I was hoping to find a girlfriend here :cool:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
    It's been a funny story. I was an user of Sony Ericsson C702 and decided to buy a phone with so called Android. I had not too much money so I got Xperia X8 and my buddy @Anomalious told me about XDA Developers. So I actually registered a week or two before getting the phone and read all the rooting things etc. Boy, it was fun.

Actually my first post was about some problems with MiniCM ROM and I got flamed at the same day. But I decided to contribute and became a mod in time.

Fun, and sentimental thread :)
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium

Thank you KidCarter for that very detailed and inspiring explanation. To be honest one of the main reasons I have a hard time posting in forums like XDA is that I don't want to experience what you did by getting pulled up on a quote for not searching first. I think I tend to go to the opposite extreme and search to the point I get paralyzed with not wanting to post the wrong thing. It's good to know that when you were called out they were nice about. It's also very nice that you are posting here and you've had so much success here. Thanks so much for sharing your story.