Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ResetEncrypt utility (21 Apr 2010) automatically clears encrypt storage flag

Tip us?

haggis663
Old
(Last edited by haggis663; 21st April 2010 at 03:26 AM.) Reason: Update cab file.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ResetEncrypt utility (21 Apr 2010) automatically clears encrypt storage flag

For those of you that have an Exchange encrypt policy forced upon you for push email, I was looking for a utility to automatically reset the encrypt registry entry. I use Zenyee StayUnlock for PIN code resets, but couldn't find anything permanent for encryption.

Therefore I have created a utility that listens to the registry value (HKLM\System\StorageManager\Filters\ENCFilt "EncryptByDefault) and automatically resets it back when changed.

Install the .cab file to your device. It will also create a shortcut to the utility in the \Windows\Startup directory.

The utility isn't pretty, but does whats it needs to do without polling or using any significant resources.

Use at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ResetEncryptCab.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (32.8 KB, 292 views)

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3030
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for sharing!
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

Infernoken
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks, was also using Zenyee and also have the encryption issue...

Why not ask Zenyee to update his version to also do this?