FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][22-9] XtreStoLite G900T 1.3.6a [569MB][BNH5][Extreme Debloated][Add-on Package]

3,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,169

By edgarf28, Senior Member on 30th June 2014, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th August 2015, 03:33 AM |#1081  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Black Man

i made this same mistake. this rom is kitkat and not lollipop. your bootloader is incompatible.

Same here. Just wow. All this time wasted. Would have been nice if he had listed that where we'd see it. What lollipop roms are there that are lightweight, great battery and stable?

19th August 2015, 07:59 AM |#1082  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 77

More
@edgarf28 Is there a Lollipop 5.0 version of this rom?
24th August 2015, 04:36 PM |#1083  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a problem guys. I have had the Rom Xtrestolite 1.3.5a on my G900T with baseband BNG4. I have been able to tether my phone for over a year with no restrictions and never throttled on my unlimited plan with 5gb hotspot. I used to always check and my hotspot allotment never used to go up as my rooted phone on this rom had the tethering unblocked. However just this week I got a message that said I have reached 85% of my hotspot limit and that it will be slowed to 128kbps but that my phone will continue at high speed till beginning of my next cycle. I checked my usage and now my tethering plan had used up 7/7gb (I guess my hotspot plan had increased to 7gb over the course of the year, never knew since I had always used over 20gb of tethering unrestricted).

So now I am puzzled, did tmobile find a way to meter my tethering again even though I am on a rooted phone on a rom that had unrestricted tethering? Note that I still can tether unlimited but they have slowed it to 128kpbs... the funny thing is I can speed test on speedtest.com on my tether and it will show it at 25mpbs...but if I go on some websites its clearly 128kpbs as I tried a speed test html5 and it confirmed that it was 128kpbs...so it seems some websites like speedtest...and youtube still go fast, but most other streaming sites go slow on tether, so it is obviously being throttled. My question is, has tmobile implemented a new way to meter which made my 1 year old rom not be able to keep making unrestrictive? And if so does anyone know which newer rom is unrestricted and completely uses only my phone's internet not Hotspot Data allotment?

screenshot
screenshot2
Last edited by acostaae90; 24th August 2015 at 04:46 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread