FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Recovery] [RUU 4.20.531.4] [TWRP Nandroid Backups] [Radio IMGs][ OTA 4.20.531.4 ]

1,096 posts
Thanks Meter: 962

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th August 2015, 01:56 AM |#731  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 962

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1978

Yes, relocked bootloader then ran the RUU.exe file to update. I'm also s-off. Just finished the update. My HBOOT was on a 3. something version which I guess is out dated.

Ok, so you will need to get a new unlock token at HTC Dev and follow the same procedure as the first time you unlocked the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

17th August 2015, 08:49 AM |#732  
Flag Cleveland Ohio USA
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmig

Ok, so you will need to get a new unlock token at HTC Dev and follow the same procedure as the first time you unlocked the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok so I got a new token from HTC dev and then re-rooted the phone again. Even after all that and the update, my HBOot version is still showing v.3. whatever and not the 4.20 something. Is T-Mobile just behind the other M8 variants?

Sent from my HTC ViperOne M8
with ElementalX 4.05 and s-off!
17th August 2015, 12:56 PM |#733  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 5

More
For future reference, you can use these steps to lock and unlock your bootloader extremely easily:

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/07/n...ootloader.html

As for your hboot, I no longer have an M8 so I can't check but I think 3.X is the latest. What you just updated was your software build. Go to settings, about, software information and verify the 4.20.xxx build there. Should also show under the more option.
21st August 2015, 12:39 PM |#734  
Flag Cleveland Ohio USA
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor01

For future reference, you can use these steps to lock and unlock your bootloader extremely easily:

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/07/n...ootloader.html

As for your hboot, I no longer have an M8 so I can't check but I think 3.X is the latest. What you just updated was your software build. Go to settings, about, software information and verify the 4.20.xxx build there. Should also show under the more option.

Ok, yeah I did the whole RUU process and HBOOT is the same as before. Thanks. Basically did it for nothing and had to unlock and reroot the phone. Haha!

Sent from my HTC ViperOne M8
with ElementalX 4.05 and s-off!
25th August 2015, 05:11 PM |#735  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Ok, I promise I have searched and read and tried to get a good idea of what I need to do to return to stock for a Jump! upgrade - but I am still not 100% certain on exactly what needs to be done.

- T-Mobile M8
- S-Off via Sunshine
- Bootloader unlocked via HTC Dev
- Philz Touch 6 Recovery installed
- Current ROM is SkyDragon v9

Would like to return to as much stock as possible to prevent any issues with the Jump! upgrade. A concise list of ToDos would be much appreciated, thank you.
Last edited by sgalbincea; 25th August 2015 at 05:16 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htconem8, recovery, tmobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)