[Q] Recover or fix build.prop

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By greenmaze, Member on 26th May 2014, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2015, 12:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Second thanks for sharing your solution too Greenmaze! My HTC M8 booted to a blank non-responsive screen after modifying the build.prop file. I found out how to go back into recovery mode from another thread below and then fix the build.prop permission from this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...2#post62490577

Basically, I had find a way to get into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up button at the blank screen and then exactly after 10 seconds, switch from pressing the volume up to volume down button before the HTC logo white screen shows while still holding down the power button. Then I use TWRP to chmod the sytem/build.prop permission to 0744 to fix the original boot issue.

25th August 2015, 05:49 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Ching

Second thanks for sharing your solution too Greenmaze! My HTC M8 booted to a blank non-responsive screen after modifying the build.prop file. I found out how to go back into recovery mode from another thread below and then fix the build.prop permission from this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...2#post62490577

Basically, I had find a way to get into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up button at the blank screen and then exactly after 10 seconds, switch from pressing the volume up to volume down button before the HTC logo white screen shows while still holding down the power button. Then I use TWRP to chmod the sytem/build.prop permission to 0744 to fix the original boot issue.

Oh ok, so your HTC is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. Really interested on how you managed that....

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app
25th August 2015, 08:51 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Build.prop permission boot problem is a generic android issue.
Build.prop permission boot problem is a generic android issue. I added how to go back into recovery specifically for HTC M8 since that was another hard to find solution also in order to fix the build.prop issue. Just being helpful since this solution worked for my M8 and I found it on this Samsung device thread and the other solution on a M8 thread. Don't want people to just get half the fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to T-Ching For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)