Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

not YET
We already have 9V Charging Voltage... and the Japanese Z2 version SO-03F does support QC2.0 (Apparently....) there is still no hardware difference detected between these two devices. it could be, but it could very well not be.

Suposedly you can flash Japanese Z2 FW onto a global Z2 but be sure to exclude data (partition is 32GB vs 16GB global Z2)

I read this a long time ago so this may not work with newer firmwares

7th August 2015, 12:29 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

Havent i said multiple times Z2 does NOT support quickcharge?

Now my moms Samsung Galaxy S6 goes from 1hr 31mins to 34mins on quickcharge (or samsungs varient)

You don't have to say anything, I already "know" that Z2 doesn't support quickcharge. I was talking about this so-called "quick charge hack" you know, /system/bin/hvdcp thing. It didn't work really. My Sony Xperia™ Z2 already goes from 0% to 100% in 120 mins.
7th August 2015, 12:34 PM |#123  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4LKyR

You don't have to say anything, I already "know" that Z2 doesn't support quickcharge. I was talking about this so-called "quick charge hack" you know, /system/bin/hvdcp thing. It didn't work really. My Sony Xperia™ Z2 already goes from 0% to 100% in 120 mins.

It could be something in the kernel that regulates how much your device asks for
7th August 2015, 02:09 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 380

Donate to Me
More
what "a short intercourse in the web" actually mean? Found that in the op...
7th August 2015, 02:09 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

It could be something in the kernel that regulates how much your device asks for

I'm using AndroPlusKernel v59c with my Sony Xperia™ Z2 and super happy.

Hope the 5.1.1 compatible version of AndroPlusKernel will be even more awesome!

@AndroPlus
7th August 2015, 02:23 PM |#126  
Flag Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 2,136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4LKyR

I'm using AndroPlusKernel v59c with my Sony Xperia™ Z2 and super happy.

Hope the 5.1.1 compatible version of AndroPlusKernel will be even more awesome!

@AndroPlus

I just uploaded v60
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndroPlus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2015, 02:19 AM |#127  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokesh

what "a short intercourse in the web" actually mean? Found that in the op...

In this Benchmark here: "Open Google Chrome, go to computerbase.de, open first post, scroll down, scroll up, close chrome" in the overall meaning something like... you read XDA posts... find an interesting link to an website explaining stuff and even tough you didn't intend to you find yourself reading stuff in the internet for hours.
25th August 2015, 10:34 PM |#128  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 546

More
We have come a little bit Closer
So using Modified AndroPlus Kernel v63 and sysmon.cfg edited by Jackos (rev4) the devices charges again faster.
Using the YZX Studio Power Monitor i can see the QuickCharge2.0 working at 9V (img) we can also see the charger drawing about 8.8W (img) the Charger is supported up to 15W, now we're trying to pump these into our Z2
As you can see in the Picture the Charger provides 8.8W in 9.1V and 0.97A, in the phone this will be converted into the charging Voltage (which should be around 4.3 or 4.5V... no idea.... really) Let's assume it's 4.5V so 8.8W would be 1950mA, Ampere saying "charging with 1690mA" would mean the device is currently using 260mA which might very well be true.
The YZX Studios Power Monitor does have a Log feature (firmware 2.5 needed) if you connect it to a Computer via Serial or Bluetooth. I haven't done this yet, will certainly in the near future, therefore all Stats shown in the Excel Graph are made by internal Log via the BatteryLog App Voltage= Battery Voltage and NOT charging Voltage!

Fully charged, how much can we fill in our Battery?

14.5Wh we need to charge our Battery, theoretical 3200mAh x 3.8V would be 12.16Wh, so we lose about 2.34Wh due to charging inefficiency.

Wall of Text over... let's get to the Results!

130 Minutes for a full load... from 1% as you can see in the graph the battery voltage was dangerously low, below 3.5V
(That's exactly why you should NEVER use your phone under 5% Battery if anyhow possible! Not healthy.... not healthy at all)
You can also see the battery Temperature droping after 75% / 80 Minutes, if i would have the input current, most likely that would also drop right then.
i have absolutly no idea what that crazy spike at 22 Minutes is.... and ideas are welcome ^^ I did not use the phone during charging, but i did see 6 updates were done when i came back.

So yeah... this is nowhere near the Qualcomm's claimed 60% Charged in 30 Minutes (took 60 Minutes) but this is still the fastest charge ever achieved on a Sony Xperia Z2 International.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread