FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

View Poll Results: were you aware of using App ops as wakelock blocker and battery saver?

Yes

69 Vote(s)
34.33%
No

132 Vote(s)
65.67%

[GUIDE] Using Apps Ops (or Privacy Guard) 4 blocking wakelocks & saving battery

919 posts
Thanks Meter: 554

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th October 2014, 01:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have accidentally change the wake up and keep awake settings as ask always for android system. Now it is in a constant loop of ask permission to wake up, but because i have a passlock on, i cant get pass it. Is there anyway to solve it :S

18th October 2014, 03:38 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonlah

I have accidentally change the wake up and keep awake settings as ask always for android system. Now it is in a constant loop of ask permission to wake up, but because i have a passlock on, i cant get pass it. Is there anyway to solve it :S

If you can't get pass the lock screen then only way i can think of is to format it And be careful next time.
23rd August 2015, 06:08 AM |#23  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 86

More
thanks for the explanations..
I have privacy guard with advanced options. can you tell me the difference between manual setting (long press), and toogle (single tap, and then the little shield icon on the right will toogle on/off)?
if I manually set the permission, the shield does not turn on, should i turn it on?
if I turn on the shield icon, what permissions will it block automatically (without us set it manually)?

thanks

edit: I see that manually set app's permission related to contacts will turn on the shield icon. does this mean by "enabling by default" (for new apps), it will automatically block all permission about personal data (contacts, calls, and calendar?)?
Last edited by dokie80; 23rd August 2015 at 06:15 AM.
26th August 2015, 12:05 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag gurgaon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokie80

thanks for the explanations..
I have privacy guard with advanced options. can you tell me the difference between manual setting (long press), and toogle (single tap, and then the little shield icon on the right will toogle on/off)?
if I manually set the permission, the shield does not turn on, should i turn it on?
if I turn on the shield icon, what permissions will it block automatically (without us set it manually)?

thanks

edit: I see that manually set app's permission related to contacts will turn on the shield icon. does this mean by "enabling by default" (for new apps), it will automatically block all permission about personal data (contacts, calls, and calendar?)?

Single tap will activation privacy guard for that particular app. What kind of permissions it will block depends on the app. Normally wake up and keep awake permissions are never blocked. You have to do that manually. Personal info is blocked with a single tap.

Icon should be activated with single tap and once you change any permissions. Even if doesn't if you change some permission by long press then don't worry. Its still on. Maybe it changes only when certain permissions are changed. (Never noticed this before, so giving my best guess at the moment. Will try to find out something about it.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kapiljhajhria For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app ops, privacy guard, wakelock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)